thursday is untrue

'ning

ride, cafe, nip into gmc, cafe, wfh, tdf, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, fine overcast , dog walked , breakfast and coffee consumed, shopping, cycling, gardening, tdf , hopefully in that order
    Have a good day
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, fine overcast , dog walked , breakfast and coffee consumed, shopping, cycling, gardening, tdf , hopefully in that order
    Have a good day
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    ciao

overcast, drinking coffee, gym, look at specs of car
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Wow, last night went off the scale. Current wife sent the eldest to the pub to bring me back, 30 mins later he is on his mates shoulders singing it’s coming home 😂

Work stuff, rather a busy day which is poor planning, later is a recovery run and the pub as today is my Friday
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    tlw1 said:

Wow, last night went off the scale. Current wife sent the eldest to the pub to bring me back, 30 mins later he is on his mates shoulders singing it’s coming home 😂

Classic. We used to have to go to the pub and drag dad home! Childhood memories in the making, gold 😂
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

Classic. We used to have to go to the pub and drag dad home! Childhood memories in the making, gold 😂
    No memories as it’s rather a blur 😂
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    balmy 12c currently. Went for a stroll see what mayhem the FC are up to. Now comes a half day of training an half day of I have no idea what.

Much shouting last night from the street so I'm assuming the game of Kickball went well?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    I wasn't in the pub, but we were all watching at home. Even the hounds joined in when we scored :) Normal day of work ahead, plus maybe a spot more sorting stuff.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    oxoman said:

Hopefully no more hassle from FA.

Thon primary.facet does seem to have a fry or 2 on his/her shoulder about things multiple. I like Malcolm's wheels, 2 sets now.

Pottering day. Need to help out Daughter #1 with getting the hard landscaping part of her garden renovation finished. Next door lad doing it but dragged on for ages. Kidz eh, almost but not quite professional enough. Odds and sods bits to finish off.

It's not raining! Yet. Bike ride laterz, mayhap.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Nice clear head today, amazing what alcohol free beer does for you.

Are we going, are we staying... Hoping for good news around 11.30 from the turd in charge of transport and groundings.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • homers_double
    t u r d is censored now???
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    edited July 2021
    so is p r i c k.

So if I was to pierce my finger on a thorn, I would not be able to inform you without much use of spaces. However, to be fair, I did make this discovery in a different context...
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Car in for service and MOT today (first one). Not had to take car for an MOT for about 11 years, as had company cars all that time!

WFH and have to get my hair cut today before the brother's wedding. Not been cut since Feb 2020...
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Bah, drizzle, cool.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    WFH AM, collect hire car, drive up North PM.

Lake District this weekend.

Might order a gravel bike.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • tlw1
    Ben6899 said:

WFH AM, collect hire car, drive up North PM.

Lake District this weekend.

Might order a gravel bike.

Do it 😎
  • tlw1
    Just trying to renew my passport, it has rejected the picture as it says my eyes are closed 😂
  • homers_double
    Boom!

*goes to travel agents websites...*
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    My department time was altered yesterday from afternoon to 07:15! B@stards.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    Beers on the South Bank this evening just confirmed. Wahey.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    Have you done it yet?

buy it buy it buy it buy it now buy it buy it buy it now
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Sat in doctor's waiting room, had constant headache for some time now. Being off work hasn't helped so I thought I could ask a bunch of cyclists on a forum or go to the quack's. Hopefully nothing but should check.
    You ordered the bike yet Ben?
  • homers_double
    I just slipped and fell on my credit card, three hours after Shapps announced reduced travel restrictions.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Ben6899
    edited July 2021
    I'm procrastinating.

Also been busy, collecting the hire car from Golders Green. Traffic is a sh1tfight, anywhere in London, we know this. But you know what makes it a whole lot worse? People don't know how to "make progress". Sat in queues, in neutral with the handbrake on, taking 10seconds to pull away when the lights go green.

I think it's mainly distraction.

It'll take us 4hrs to get north later - 1.5 of those will be between here and Luton on the M1.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • MattFalle
    buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it now, buy it before someone else does, buy it buy it buy it now.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Ben6899 said:

It'll take us 4hrs to get north later - 1.5 of those will be between here and Luton on the M1.

Are you there yet?
    4 hrs sounded optimistic to me.
    7.5 hrs to get to Sussex the other week, only 4 hrs back though setting off at 6am on a Sunday.

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    MattFalle said:

buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it buy it now, buy it before someone else does, buy it buy it buy it now.

You bought that car yet?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • MattFalle
    In negotiation with the garage today, they've given me an initial price, I'm going to do the "uh ha, ok, i'm interested, come back to me with a better price" and walk away trick.

Its the car I want, the model I want I just want £500 to a grand off and I'll hand over the credit card to them.
  • Ben6899
    thistle_ said:

Ben6899 said:

Are you there yet?
    4 hrs sounded optimistic to me.
    7.5 hrs to get to Sussex the other week, only 4 hrs back though setting off at 6am on a Sunday.

Took us 3hrs!
    Ben

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Petrol has rocketed in price 'cos you soft southerners want to go by car instead of using Covid infested public transport.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!