wednesday radioactive hybrid pigs in fukushima

'ning

be dry, be dry

ride, cafes, wfh, ventoux deux fois
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, damp again in not so sunny Lincolnshire, I will hopefully get out on the bike later I think the best time will be when the footballs on tv, 2 x ventoux should be worth a watch
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Rest day that matches perfectly with the football 😎

Work stuff with a colleague working from mine too, big TDF fan too so I imagine that being on it the background as long as I survive the board call.

Re the pigs, it was described on the radio as a perfect horror film
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    tlw1 said:

Or self cooking bacon?

'Ning
    Tired
    WFH
    Gym
  • tlw1
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Or self cooking bacon?
    Or glow in the dark targets
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Easier for Shiny Faced Dave to track them down.

Grey. Again. Doesn't some pal of a cabinet minister have a multimillion contract to supply summer sun?

Work work day. Then a Ventoux catch up before Come On Denmark. #ABE
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Or self cooking bacon?
    Or glow in the dark targets
    Dave C is already on his way. Will make them easier to find.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    WFH
    Gym
    Tour
    Start OU course on autism
    Eat
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    And, naturellement, tinker with Dirk.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    MattFalle said:

Oh that's good. Tell me when your done and you can have Tricky for holidays. Ta.
    I guess that's your doing and the MOD isn't actually modernising. Nah, don't be silly me.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Suns out. Strange Northerly wind which means hills if I want to have a TLW.
    Looking over my cycling 'diary' (ss), there has been few rides this year I haven't been battling wind.
    Big high over Russia kinking the Jet stream over the UK and dragging in lows off the Atlantic. Parts of Canada hitting 49 deg. What a clusterfuck.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Oh that's good. Tell me when your done and you can have Tricky for holidays. Ta.
    I guess that's your doing and the MOD isn't actually modernising. Nah, don't be silly me.

I'd love to but unfortunately I have my own little darlings to beat with a stick. I mean guard and love.

Yup - all my own doing. My employers wouldn't know modernisatoon if it came up and 50 csl'd them on the back side.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Feeling pretty livid today chaps.

Wife didn't trust that they'd done the CT scan properly (just based on the treatment she's had so far) and paid for a private ultrasound. They found that the growth on the ovary is twice the size they said it was and her abdomen is also full of fluid which the CT didn't pick up.

Based on that they do now want to do blood tests for ovarian cancer.

She only had the CT scan in the first place as when she had an ultrasound, she said it wasn't done properly, using her knowledge as a vet who herself does ultrasound.

If she hadn't been insistent and pushy and ask for double checks they would not have found:

Brain lesions
    Fluid round her heart
    Fluid in her abdomen
    Growth on her ovary.

They kept telling her there was nothing wrong with her and it was all in her head.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Busy morning dealing with playground style budget squabbles with both sets of whiners trying to get tax to take their side. Tedious. Will drop bike off at LBS later for a spot of tlc and maybe grab some lunch while I'm out.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    elbowloh said:

Wife didn't trust that they'd done the CT scan properly (just based on the treatment she's had so far) and paid for a private ultrasound. They found that the growth on the ovary is twice the size they said it was and her abdomen is also full of fluid which the CT didn't pick up.

She only had the CT scan in the first place as when she had an ultrasound, she said it wasn't done properly, using her knowledge as a vet who herself does ultrasound.

If she hadn't been insistent and pushy and ask for double checks they would not have found:

Brain lesions
    Fluid round her heart
    Fluid in her abdomen
    Growth on her ovary.

They kept telling her there was nothing wrong with her and it was all in her head.

Feckity feckity feck.

☹️☹️
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    elbowloh said:

Brain lesions
    Fluid round her heart
    Fluid in her abdomen
    Growth on her ovary.

Aaaahhhhh FFS

Hope you are all as good as can be expected
  • MattFalle
    edited July 2021
    elbowloh said:

Brain lesions
    Fluid round her heart
    Fluid in her abdomen
    Growth on her ovary.

oh ffs.

that's awful.

really sorry dude.

whats the next steps?
  • thistle_
    elbowloh said:

A blood test sounds dead easy and cheap so why didn't they just do that in the first place after the first ultrasound?

Sounds like piss poor service, hope you're both ok.
  • elbowloh
    MattFalle said:

elbowloh said:

Brain lesions
    Fluid round her heart
    Fluid in her abdomen
    Growth on her ovary.

oh ffs.

that's awful.

really sorry dude.

whats the next steps?
    Wait for the blood tests.

Even if it was benign, the NHS's own guidance said they should have been arranging follow-up check scans for both the ovarian growth and the pericardial effusion, neither of which did they book or even mention they were going to do or planned to do.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Was a bit wound up after a row with the EPO over nothing. Jumped on the shopping hack just to get out the house for a bit. Probably did about 40 miles before I'd calmed down enough not to murderise anyone. Handlebars slipped a bit in the stem making my wrist hurt which is dull. Good news is they both hurt so that must mean the bad one is better.
    Thanks to Elbow for a bit of perspective, I'd be happier if it hadn't been case though. That all sounds absolutely dreadful, hope everything turns out ok and they get to the bottom of whatever it is soon.
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

elbowloh said:

Brain lesions
    Fluid round her heart
    Fluid in her abdomen
    Growth on her ovary.

oh ffs.

that's awful.

really sorry dude.

whats the next steps?

Even if it was benign, the NHS's own guidance said they should have been arranging follow-up check scans for both the ovarian growth and the pericardial effusion, neither of which did they book or even mention they were going to do or planned to do.
    Any chance of changing hospitals/consultants?
  • MattFalle
    As a very yrivial aside, I do like a nice family size chicken and gravy pie for lunch.

i'm now going to have a cup of tea to wash it down.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Fingers crossed for@elbowloh

Much to do and after finding out that the Balearics are looking likely to be put back to amber, looking for a hotel to chill in the UK for a few days. MrsHD even said bikes are aloud to come*!

*The proviso being that there are no hills.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    elbowloh said:

Brain lesions
    Fluid round her heart
    Fluid in her abdomen
    Growth on her ovary.

That is really s**t Elbow although at least they have a better idea of the problem now. Hope they can get it sorted.

And when the dust settles, sue them for bloody negligence.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • elbowloh
    MattFalle said:

elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

elbowloh said:

Brain lesions
    Fluid round her heart
    Fluid in her abdomen
    Growth on her ovary.

oh ffs.

that's awful.

really sorry dude.

whats the next steps?

This is across 2 hospitals and about 4 different consultants. Even the consultant neurologist we arranged to see turned out to be the one she would have seen on the NHS.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    MattFalle said:

As a very yrivial aside, I do like a nice family size chicken and gravy pie for lunch.

Any mushy peas lad?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

elbowloh said:

Brain lesions
    Fluid round her heart
    Fluid in her abdomen
    Growth on her ovary.

oh ffs.

that's awful.

really sorry dude.

whats the next steps?

This is across 2 hospitals and about 4 different consultants. Even the consultant neurologist we arranged to see turned out to be the one she would have seen on the NHS.
    Echoing everyone else elbow, must be awful for you both, esp with the 2 little ones.
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

Any mushy peas lad?
    nah. none of that shitgoes in my body. chicken Supernoodles for me.

my body is a temple.
  • MattFalle
    and i worship at that temple
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon folks,
    Was a bit wound up after a row with the EPO over nothing. Jumped on the shopping hack just to get out the house for a bit. Probably did about 40 miles before I'd calmed down enough not to murderise anyone. Handlebars slipped a bit in the stem making my wrist hurt which is dull. Good news is they both hurt so that must mean the bad one is better.
    Thanks to Elbow for a bit of perspective, I'd be happier if it hadn't been case though. That all sounds absolutely dreadful, hope everything turns out ok and they get to the bottom of whatever it is soon.

40 miles on a shopping bike? The murder option might have been better.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

Any mushy peas lad?
    He should have chips with it and put gravy on them as well.