'ning

rain rain rain

stroll, cafe, wfh, bubbly outing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Meh rain.

Might as well get hill repeats out of the way whilst the ground is just very muddy 🙄

Work stuff and football later. For the 2nd day in a row the catering division is WFW, thankfully she got some potatoes so jacket for lunch
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, rain stopped sun out now, but for how long
    All normal stuff done , looks like a trip to the garden centre today, not sure what janes is after , come to think of it I don’t think she knows either
    Have a good day
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Honking here so sent TDV out to walk the Hound.

Bit of stuff to do and weights sesh and Zwift sesh and tinker with Dirk and maybe post a piccie up on here.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    The automotive grim reaper's been and collected the written off car. Caused a bit of rush hour chaos on the main road loading it up :smiley:
    Going to hide from the rain for the rest of today, although it looks a bit drier later so might nip out.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    > Search for Bosch 0261210003
    > Come up with multiple prices, multiple cheap non OEM
    > Research cheap OEM
    Forget cheap non OEM
    > Find one £41 cheaper!
    > Add to basket

+ Add delivery
    + [Checkout process adds 'safe order'] ?!
    > Total: over £100 !

Pay for the one that was £41 more expensive because they weren't lying to me.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    It's sunny but mostly going to be on Dad's taxi duty as Shorty is at footery ball - and doing well and Tricky is at special activities for special kids with special parent and kids network doing.... silly stuff. She's happy.
    Shorty was told by boy that girls can't play football and I told Shorty to say that Scotland's men are ranked 44th in the world and Scotland's women are ranked 23.

• pinno
    Dirk pics please.
    Will it go into the Frankenbike thread or will it be legendary?
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

Shorty was told by boy that girls can't play football and I told Shorty to say that Scotland's men are ranked 44th in the world and Scotland's women are ranked 23.

Some girls can't, some boy's can't either. As long as she runs rings around him it's fine.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Oh, dirk pics, that's ok. Had a wee moment there misreading.

Work start delayed to let it dry up a bit. Was piddling it down earlier at first wakeup coffee time. Sun now out. But for how long? High summer, pah.
  • pinno
    On hold with Sottish power.
    Lovely tunes.
    Lovely crackly line.
    Lovely assistant hasn't got a clue.

Blue tit fledgling story coming up using one hand to type.
  • pinno
    Shorty said there was a bird on the conservatory roof - had hit her window.
    I got on the roof and picked it up gently.
    Pecked the hell out of my finger which impressed me and I placed it on the grass.
    Then the thought struck me that Jack would find it easy pickings so popped it back on the roof.

10 mins later, it flew away.

Still on hold.
    What part of "The meters are preventing tenants from selecting a more competitive tariff" don't the silly fcukers understand?
  • pinno
    Gary Numan...
  • pinno
    I'm going to hang up. Need to get toots to activities.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    pinno said:

> Research cheap OEM
    Forget cheap non OEM
    > Find one £41 cheaper!
    > Add to basket

+ Add delivery

Crank sensor?
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

> Research cheap OEM
    Forget cheap non OEM
    > Find one £41 cheaper!
    > Add to basket

+ Add delivery

Crank sensor?
    These works quite well: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Magene-Cadence-Cycling-Bluetooth-Wireless/dp/B087PDPNMF
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

Dirk pics please.

Just drying off cassette and chain aftercleaning, so will refit and take piccies as the sun is shining.

Do you know if all 9 speed Campag shifters work with all 9 speed mechs? Seems a shame to have carbon seat, carbon seat post, carbon forks, carbon bars, carbon wheels and not carbon shifters....

If I decide I don't like the look of the '90/Zero combo I've a plain WCS carbon post and plain 80g carbon seat that can go on......
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    WFW trying to figure out if a foreign jaunt is actually worth all of the PCR hassle in a foreign land.
    MrsHD is feeling the effects of having Pfizer#2 where as I was completely fine with AZ#2.
    Mind you getting shirtfaced over the weekend probably doesn't help...

@sungod, was the foreign PCR test easy to book and do whilst away? Did they (the lab guys) come to you or did you have to attend a clinic somewhere?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    In the office after a rather moist ride in, numbers seem to be building as people stop hiding behind the sofa. Bike kit is hung up in one of the coat cupboards quietly drying and hopefully not smelling too bad. Slightly annoyed with myself as I forgot to stick my pork pie in the rucksack this morning so am now a bit peckish.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    MattFalle said:

pinno said:

Dirk pics please.

Just drying off cassette and chain aftercleaning, so will refit and take piccies as the sun is shining.

Do you know if all 9 speed Campag shifters work with all 9 speed mechs? Seems a shame to have carbon seat, carbon seat post, carbon forks, carbon bars, carbon wheels and not carbon shifters....

If I decide I don't like the look of the '90/Zero combo I've a plain WCS carbon post and plain 80g carbon seat that can go on......
    I think shifters are either powershift or ergo shift and they're not compatible with each other as they have different pull ratios.

I could be talking complete testicles though.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434

WFW trying to figure out if a foreign jaunt is actually worth all of the PCR hassle in a foreign land.
    MrsHD is feeling the effects of having Pfizer#2 where as I was completely fine with AZ#2.
    Mind you getting shirtfaced over the weekend probably doesn't help...

@sungod, was the foreign PCR test easy to book and do whilst away? Did they (the lab guys) come to you or did you have to attend a clinic somewhere?

for return to uk, you do not need a pcr test, simple lateral flow is accepted...

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-for-people-travelling-to-england#type-of-test

i used qured.com there are others

there's a ba discount code for qured (no need to be on ba)... https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/covid19-tests

order it at least a week before going away, they send you a little test kit to take with you

once you have it, you can book a video call for <72 hours before arrival in uk - calls can be booked 24x7 so you can choose the best time for you

on the call they tell you what to do and watch you do it, once the test is complete you take a photo of it with your passport and email to them for validation, you download a pdf certificate

mine took c. 40 minutes from start of call to getting the pdf
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

pinno said:

Dirk pics please.

I think shifters are either powershift or ergo shift and they're not compatible with each other as they have different pull ratios.

I could be talking complete testicles though.

grazie!

looks like i'll have to keep the ti ones on and keep the carbon for when I track down a suitable mech in about 2041 when I get off my backside.
  • MattFalle

as is now, chain and cassette still drying.

new black 'tape to go on.
  • MattFalle

potential new shifters but I don't think they will work with the 'mech
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Any pics, @MattFalle ?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • MattFalle
    Ciao

should be above dude
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle said:

potential new shifters but I don't think they will work with the 'mech

shifters
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle said:

as is now, chain and cassette still drying.

new black 'tape to go on.

Dirk
  • MattFalle
    Post count increase
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

> Research cheap OEM
    Forget cheap non OEM
    > Find one £41 cheaper!
    > Add to basket

+ Add delivery

Crank sensor?
    Yeah CPS sensor, guessing for a porkie?

Morning fellow humans, fun night an morning with the mother whos had some random onset of BPPV so that was fun.

Work now debating how much coffee to inhale before brewing it, do I just chew the beans or grind them an chew that? Or just make a huge espresso. Sleep hopefully will be top of my jobs later today.