2021 predictions

13»

Comments

• Fair enough.

I still think having 3 jacks is better than 1 ace in a cobbled classic.

you'd take that AG2R team over WvA or MVDP?
    Jumbo vs AG2R yeah I'd take AG2R assuming they don't have injuries. MvdP's team is basically him and Dries De Bondt and Dries is good but not the one.

It's a great combo at AG2R - Jungels can go from long and you would expect either Naesen or GvA to make the proper selection - they also know the courses so well - their expertise and their commitment to that part of the season will rub off on the rest of the team.
    Not surprising that WvA is disappointed with Mike Teunissen hitting the Tenerife rock and picking up another longish term injury.
    Potential major player gone right there.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612

Fair enough.

I still think having 3 jacks is better than 1 ace in a cobbled classic.

you'd take that AG2R team over WvA or MVDP?
    Jumbo vs AG2R yeah I'd take AG2R assuming they don't have injuries. MvdP's team is basically him and Dries De Bondt and Dries is good but not the one.

It's a great combo at AG2R - Jungels can go from long and you would expect either Naesen or GvA to make the proper selection - they also know the courses so well - their expertise and their commitment to that part of the season will rub off on the rest of the team.
    Not surprising that WvA is disappointed with Mike Teunissen hitting the Tenerife rock and picking up another longish term injury.
    Potential major player gone right there.
    Right, exactly.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    Ultimately it's a bit of a lottery so you need enough riders at a certain level that you have a chance at least one of them will make the final selection, and if you have more you have tactical options which can take priority over legs.
  • Really hope they get on and admit the Olympics are off so MVDP can get that out of the back of his mind and focus on producing a classics campaign for the ages...
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,932
    No one from the 2021 start list of the Tour will ever again finish above Pog in a Tour that Pog completes

“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    edited June 2021

Cavendish to retire this season, I think.

No longer confident Cavendish will take my advice to leave the audience wanting more, if I'm honest.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,309
    edited June 2021
    I'll never get a post nominated for the Post of the Tour thread, despite providing video of Bjarne Riis being interviewed in the studio while sitting on a chair that makes Fart noises
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format