wednesday is a simulation

'ning

wfh in a land without summer, much coffee

mrs s broke one of the cats' bowls yesterday, she was rightly mortified, same-day delivery of replacement restored harmony

yesterday's pcr negative, two test & trace calls so far, reading exactly the same script to tell me what i already know, it was tedious the first time, johnson's cronies squander billions on this, grrr
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Today should be a busy one at work, but I need to know how to get the wifi boosted at the restaurant mother has chosen to host her 70 on Saturday night first 🤬

Also wedding anniversary so need to get a card etc too
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    just sluuuurping coffee before school run then have a feeling i'll be heading into a world of idiocy.

going to spend some time looking at AX Lightness framesets just out of nosiness.

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, overcast again, tigger walked , I’m supping tea like it’s going out of fashion, the garage gate needs some attention that’s today’s job
    Have a good day
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Morning, overcast again, tigger walked , I’m supping tea like it’s going out of fashion, the garage gate needs some attention that’s today’s job
    Have a good day

Hobby Dave
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Who’s going to take the plunge and post a different hairy body part today?
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

Does it have to be hairy?
  • seanoconn
    That’s a hell of a calf. 😃👍

I feel dirty 😔
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    seanoconn said:

Have a good day

Hobby Dave
    Supping tea, yes
    Repairing garden gates no, I would rather be out on the bike, but I still feel a bit rough

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    seanoconn said:

Nooooo.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    sungod said:

...johnson's cronies borrow more billions on this, grrr

FTFY.
    #endbritishdebtby2060

Dull here. Christ i'm fooked after yesterdays wood stacking loading, unloading, stacking marathon plus strimming/grass cutting day so shall pedal piano piano with the tailwind and get the bus home.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    So far so good.

this is a record. lets see how much longer it lasts.

going for a shower. no pictures.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438

• tlw1
    sungod said:

Is that Ed Sheerans erm, Steven from Steven and the twins?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Day of nothing in particular. Off to the old dear's shortly as her car wouldn't start yesterday. Not sure where she thought she was going given she's supposed to be isolating.
    Thanks for the reminder TLW, our anniversary tomorrow so I should get a card.
    Other than that, get the lad to sort his stuff out, pottering and chilling.
  • seanoconn
    Poor little fella begging me for food this morning
  • seanoconn
    Tried to nibble my shoes but I need those today. Two magpies chases it away in the end, obviously some kind of beef between them.
  • tlw1
    Normally see those being chased by drunk people on horses
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Last one I saw was jumping over our garden wall to escape 2 rapidly approaching hounds. They must think foxes taste nice.

Busy day, got quarterly reporting starting and have too many idiots asking random questions but it still takes time to brush them off. More caffeine I think.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Allegedly no foxes in Tasmania at all, a surprise given the introduction of rabbits by the early settlers. Lots on the mainland.

Another day of taxi duty to doctor's appointments.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Busy busy today, tired after yesterdays sleepless night, might grab a bottle of Nightnurse on the way home.
    Should have been riding tonight but a bout of CBA has put paid to that. Might go for a longer one tomorrow instead and take pictures of things to prove it.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    In other thoughts, is anyone actually thinking of using the new green list for a foreign jaunt? Mrs HD is chomping at the proverbial to go...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle
    probs is, ypu know they will change the list whilst you're away leaving you to run around a foreign country trying to rebook flights for the basic fact that they are all tory fascists
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Ride ridden including a brief cross over into Hobbit country (Derbyshire) On my return the missus offered and made me a bacon sandwich, followed by a slice of home made victoria sponge and an egg custard.
    Life is good.
  • tlw1
    MattFalle said:

probs is, ypu know they will change the list whilst you're away leaving you to run around a foreign country trying to rebook flightsfascists

This, cancelled site in sunny southern France and booked in probably raining Dorset
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438

In other thoughts, is anyone actually thinking of using the new green list for a foreign jaunt? Mrs HD is chomping at the proverbial to go...

what mf said

because green->amber could happen anytime, you need to be able to handle amber - extra tests, 10 days home quarantine or 5 with ttr

main risk is that destinations will ban/quarantine uk arrivals due to the uncontrolled increase in cases here

fwiw i'm hoping to head back to the volcanoes in a few weeks, but with london already c. 10x the lanzarote infection rate and some areas of the uk much higher, i do wonder if spain will bar entry from uk
  • ballysmate
    Last year we had 4 hols cancelled and cancelled another ourselves.
    Not bothering to book anything til things become more settled.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Too busy doing house moving stuff at the moment. Next holiday will be skiing early part of next year.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    its also the fact that when the sun is shining it ain't too shabby around here and we're pretty chilled out as to the mask thingies - we know where to wear them and not, can plan stuff, make life as easy as. Avoiding plague ridden imbeciles is easy while still having a nice time.

i honestly can't be bothered to go somewhere, try to work out mask protocols, test here, test there, keep an eye out on the British news for green to amber changes, have to look at the British news at all in fact, have to interact with anyone I don't really want to in fact.

Life's been tricky enough as is recently, why make it more so?

just wait a year and blow two year's hols money on ho' and blow and getting kicked around hotel bedrooms by women in high heels and labcoats..
  • seanoconn
    Off to an amber country early August. At present.
  • ballysmate
    seanoconn said:

Off to an amber country early August. At present.

At least you have somewhere to stay if you can't get back.