Sunday's dry start

2»

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    hopkinb said:

I thought Polish women were like Italian women in that once they get married, they gain 7 stone, get a terrible hair cut and only wear flowery house coats and a grim expression of general contempt. Thus making their husbands sit in cafés all day nursing a single espresso.

Too self conscious to put on more than a kilo or two in winter, which she’ll always shed by summer, fortunately.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,550
    Sunday night finally, which means the end of a manic week. Brought OH home on Tuesday. Had new fireplace wood burner fitted on Wednesday, which went respectably well at least. Also had friends of OH arrive Wednesday to visit and fuss for a few days, which was good, if a little stressful at times.

Had to go out one evening and don't like driving in dark here if I can avoid it because critters are everywhere, and sure enough I scored a big one. Light panel damage to front left of car. Feckit.

OH is doing ok, some residual issues from the op, and very very tired. Back to the surgeon tomorrow for check up, and discuss next steps.

News from pathology was not great. He needs three more operations. Doc assures us the news could have been very much worse, but am struggling to see this is good news.

And now lockdown here in other states means family can't even come to visit.

2021 is turning out to be a *monumentallyfuckinghorribilisannus

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Aye WS, these are difficult days. Best wishes to OH for the long term.

Meanwhile, of rather less import, very pleasant pootle on the new wheels. Once again kudos to Malcolm (sometimes) OTP, his cycleclinic Borg wheels are ace. Really smooth easy riding, tested over a mix of tarmac, gravel, grass tracks, rutted tracks and so on. Very happy with them.

Time to watch the last 40km of today's stage with a coffee. Drinkies to follow later.

Pretty good day in all, even with this gloomy grey weather.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Heaps of love heading to Tasmania from Wimbledon.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Hope it gets better WS, our fingers are crossed.

Busy day of what is now the usual lie in, dog walk, sort n chuck/donate and fill yet another form for the solicitors.

Also managed to get the insurance sorted on Stropteens new mot without getting too badly ripped off. We now have one car each, so you'd think everyone should be happy. Mrs. 666 however seems aggrieved that she has no NCB, despite me patiently explaining that she doesn't have a policy in her own name.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    'ning (eve)

718 kph, onboard wifi poor, limited oneself to 800cc bubbly so far, jamon iberico bocadillo, ba meh meal, three packs of ba biccies
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Evening folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, this was followed by much pottering. Brakes on the Mini all done, some of the electrics are done. More electrickery and welding still to go. Got a welder in exchange for a bottle of scotch which is a result.
    Walking 60 miles of the SDW in a day sounds a bit bonkers Elbow, are you related to TLW?
    Hope everything works out Spinner and that the Doc's optimism is justified. All sounds horrible.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

Evening folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, this was followed by much pottering. Brakes on the Mini all done, some of the electrics are done. More electrickery and welding still to go. Got a welder in exchange for a bottle of scotch which is a result.
    Walking 60 miles of the SDW in a day sounds a bit bonkers Elbow, are you related to TLW?
    Hope everything works out Spinner and that the Doc's optimism is justified. All sounds horrible.

All done for charadee...Oxfam Trailwalker.

It's organised by the Ghurkas, who also take part. It's a team event and I think their record is about 12 hours to complete the 60 miles, they run though.

I walked and lost 6 toe nails in doing so, it also pi$$ed it down for almost the entire event.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    elbowloh said:

It's a team event and I think their record is about 12 hours to complete the 60 miles, they run though.

If only there was a bracketeer who was into crazy long distance running.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    elbowloh said:

thistle_ said:

Famous last words...just started raining so all packed away and just waiting for the kettle to boil for a brew.

Camped next to a guy who was bike packing the south downs way. Did 60 miles of it yesterday and was ruined. He's heading off shortly to do the remaining 40 before the rain gets to bad.

Did I mention it's raining?

I did 60 miles of the South Downs Way in a day, walking...

Twice.

TLW will do that before breakfast.

Spent day removing half the conservatory prior to double glazing/patio door insertion tomorrow.
    Cooked - was 35 deg c in the conservatory.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno

seanoconn said:

Breakfast.

Mmmm strawberries and fried bread. No sausage bacon and beans?
    Fried brioche in egg, strawberries, maple syrup, flaked almond.
    Served with espresso topped with kahlua.
    Better than Seano's suggestion by far by far by far.
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

I thought Polish women were like Italian women in that once they get married, they gain 7 stone, get a terrible hair cut and only wear flowery house coats and a grim expression of general contempt. Thus making their husbands sit in cafés all day nursing a single espresso.

good point well presented. unlike Imposter, his points are allbollox.
    Whereas Imposters comments are nearly all bollox.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

Certainly all humourless
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    elbowloh said:

Evening folks,

All done for charadee...Oxfam Trailwalker.

It's organised by the Ghurkas, who also take part. It's a team event and I think their record is about 12 hours to complete the 60 miles, they run though.

I walked and lost 6 toe nails in doing so, it also pi$$ed it down for almost the entire event.
    Big kudos - 20 hrs is a LONG time on your feet and that’s what kills you
  • pinno

pinno said:

MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

Certainly all humourless
    Yes, he must be quite the giggle at a party.