Which colour to go for

I recently purchased tubeless valves in the blue but undecided on what colour to go next on the seat clamp and stem, what would you do if it was you?

Comments

• reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    edited June 2021
    My bike is blue with yellow accents. I'd personally never choose to pick out and match any parts or bling based on accent colour.....especially yellow! 🤮

I chose blue hubs, valve caps, saddle and seatpost clamp to compliment the frame.

Pedals, bar grips and stem are all decent so didn't see the point of changing just for colour sake so I left those parts on in the (match any colour scheme) black.

If I had your bike I might go all blue but more likely all low key grey/graphite. 😎
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    edited June 2021
    The problem with colour matched accents is just that word "matching". Unless you get them all from one company like Hope or Superstar Components then you will be lucky indeed to get a match.

I have had a lime green bike, several black bikes, red bikes, one green bikes and I thought my favourite colour was black. Everything comes in black, so all you have to bother about is whether the black is matt, satin, half satin, semi gloss, gloss, metallic, starmist ...... and so forth. :)

My latest bike from Focus came in a beautiful blue that they called "petrol". But I discovered that it is a Peugot colour called Aegean Blue Metallic. And it really is beautiful (I get comments), and because it comes in colours from Halfords, I can keep it in tip top condition!

But given a choice of colour of a bike, I would go for satin black every time, no problems matching accessories then! :)

PS: Ditch the yellow and go blue, then at least it will match your fork dials.
  • Thanks for the comments guys. I like the yellow due to the Nukeproof logo and accents. However that's where it ended, Nukeprrof don't provide any further products in yellow other than pedals and grips, so now I either match the Shocks or frame....
  • reaperactual
    edited June 2021
    It's a very personal thing to decide on bling and parts colours if you go down that route.

My Buddy has one of those Horizon stems (graphite) and up close it's a nice piece of kit in any colour. 😋

Fwiw, I'm liking your Reactor @Born_2_Kill_83, it's a good looking bike you've got there and I'm sure whichever way you go you'll end up very happy with your choice in the end. 🤘😎
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    Yellow for the win B)
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Born_2_Kill_83
    Born_2_Kill_83 Posts: 23
    edited July 2021
    The results are in, the stem looks lighter grey in the photos for some reason, a little darker in person, I think I like it but looks odd on its own, I now need the grey seat clamp and replace the blue valves with grey.

https://i.imgur.com/yG1JxTK.jpg
  • reaperactual
    I agree the pics don't show the true colour of your stem as it does in the flesh.

Fwiw I reckon it's an improvement on the original black stem in a subtle, understated way. I really like that top cap, it's another nice touch and it works well! 👌

The yellow pedals don't look bad from that angle with the accents on the frame and mudguard.

Oh yeah, some more of that graphite sprinkled around sounds good.

Shame those fork caps don't come in graphite too.🤔

• I agree the pics don't show the true colour of your stem as it does in the flesh.

Fwiw I reckon it's an improvement on the original black stem in a subtle, understated way. I really like that top cap, it's another nice touch and it works well! 👌

The yellow pedals don't look bad from that angle with the accents on the frame and mudguard.

Oh yeah, some more of that graphite sprinkled around sounds good.

Shame those fork caps don't come in graphite too.🤔

I know my Googlefoo for grey FOX caps hasn't been successful :-(

Thanks for the comments though :-)
  • reaperactual
    No worries. 😎 Good luck with your quest and getting the other bits. 🤙
  • mully79
    mully79 Posts: 904
    Surely a business opportunity for anodisers out there.

https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/content.php?c=stealth&ref=shorturl