thursday discontinuously contemplating continua

'ning

vuelta volcanoes and cafes followed by bask
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hounds, teams with work in between, final 5G chip implant then off to run the local hills
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Pack car
    Off darn sarf for the weekend where I'm told the weather is always good.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Following second dose of the vaccine yesterday afternoon, I feel like death warmed up this morning. Aching all over, pain in lower back, drowsy.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Which vaccine elbow? I have no.2 on Monday, should be moderna like the first.
  • tlw1
    elbowloh said:

Following second dose of the vaccine yesterday afternoon, I feel like death warmed up this morning. Aching all over, pain in lower back, drowsy.

Mines later and arranged a 2hr run afterwards and a TT tomorrow night. Think I maybe a bit ambitious/stupid
  • elbowloh
    hopkinb said:

Which vaccine elbow? I have no.2 on Monday, should be moderna like the first.

I've got the clotter... AZ
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    2nd (AZ) jab hit me worse than 1st jab.
    Suffered a sort of underlying lethargy/poor recovery for 2 weeks.

Dull here, many things to do.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    edited June 2021
    Busy times, work, selling more crap and got someone round to quote for moving. Ah, the joys. Got a virtual beer session arranged for this evening at least.

And some old codger who lives in the close behind our garden managed to lose control of his car, whack a couple of his neighbours cars and take out part of a front wall in one of the houses round there. He seems to be OK but we now have plod, ambulance and fire brigade in attendance.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    I'm booked in for jab #2 after work, hopefully this will mean I can go on holiday!
    Might think about a run tomorrow. Might...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Spoke to brother in NZ who fell off his roof and broke a rib. This, after posting a 1hr39 half marathon* and then contracting Bronchitis.
    *He's 60.
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

Spoke to brother in NZ who fell off his roof and broke a rib. This, after posting a 1hr39 half marathon* and then contracting Bronchitis.
    *He's 60.

Younger brother?
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    :D
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Younger, fitter, more handsome, funnier etc 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Shocking. Care homes really shouldn't let their residents go wandering like this.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    pinno said:

*He's 60.

So, the way I read this - Pinno's brother ran a quick HM, contracted bronchitis and was hacking away the next day, so popped up on to the roof to see if he could get some fresh air to ease his breathing and stretch his sore legs. Pinno rang, his brother took out his phone to answer it, lost his grip on the chimney breast, and down he went, thankfully only breaking a rib. I can see only one person at fault here...
  • tlw1
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

*He's 60.

So, the way I read this - Pinno's brother ran a quick HM, contracted bronchitis and was hacking away the next day, so popped up on to the roof to see if he could get some fresh air to ease his breathing and stretch his sore legs. Pinno rang, his brother took out his phone to answer it, lost his grip on the chimney breast, and down he went, thankfully only breaking a rib. I can see only one person at fault here...
    So is this what they mean about running being bad for you?
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    I blame Pinno. We saw him do it.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    Anyhow, ciao.

Standard day here, went to work, did stuff, came home, now killing time before taking bambina climbing and starting standard sitting in car parks routine.
  • tlw1
    Ferkin jab jebber is on a go slow, appointment was 45 mins ago and I’m still waiting to get into the building, I blame pinno
  • elbowloh
    MattFalle said:

Anyhow, ciao.

Standard day here, went to work, did stuff, came home, now killing time before taking bambina climbing and starting standard sitting in car parks routine.

With the amount of time you spend in car parks, you should either take up a new car park-based hobby or sideline.

Dogging for example or if you want paying, gigolo or parking warden.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Stevo_666
    elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

Anyhow, ciao.

With the amount of time you spend in car parks, you should either take up a new car park-based hobby or sideline.

Wouldn't it be known as 'sheeping' in Wales?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 said:

Ferkin jab jebber is on a go slow, appointment was 45 mins ago and I’m still waiting to get into the building, I blame pinno

A doctor passed the cars waiting to get into the car park for the vaccination centre so parked up and came in to help - above and beyond, well done that man
  • hopkinb
    Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

Anyhow, ciao.

Wouldn't it be known as 'sheeping' in Wales?
    I always understood it was called "dogging" cos it was fellas out "walking their dogs" who would pause in the car park and bash one out over a couple of 55 year old fat bstards humping in a desultory manner in the back of a Vauxhall Astra.

I suppose there could be some welshmen who walk their sheep...
  • MattFalle
    edited June 2021
    And people out cottaging are walking their cottages, yah?
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

Anyhow, ciao.

ah, mec, the number of car parks I have spent hours of my life in re-reading old copies of magazines agaun and again and again.

if i could bearsed i could do something constructive with the time.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    MattFalle said:

I always confuse my cottaging and shepherding.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinb
    MattFalle said:

"The Sunday Herald of Scotland wrote in 2003, "The term dogging originated in the early 1970s to describe men who spied on couples having sex outdoors—these men would 'dog' the couples' every move and watch them."[13] An alternative etymology posits dog walking as the origin of the term; audience members, and indeed participants, could use the ordinary exercise of their pets as cover for their sexual assignations.[1]"

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Day of dealing with much stupid at work, this will be resolved by going to the pub shortly.
  • pinno
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

"The Sunday Herald of Scotland wrote in 2003, "The term dogging originated in the early 1970s to describe men who spied on couples having sex outdoors—these men would 'dog' the couples' every move and watch them."[13] An alternative etymology posits dog walking as the origin of the term; audience members, and indeed participants, could use the ordinary exercise of their pets as cover for their sexual assignations.[1]"

A ha, now we know what Stevo gets up to when he walks the Cockerpoo's.
  • pinno
    edited June 2021
    tlw1 said:

Can't you blame Wiggle?