tuesday nights are drawing in, roll on haloa

'ning

ride among volcanoes, cafes, bask etc.
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, it’s a bit on the fresh side , Tigger walked, having some cereals wondering what to do today, probably some gardening, I’m feeling a bit better despite losing a stone in weight, I really want to go for ride, might try a few miles later.

Enjoy your holiday sungod

Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Walk hounds, work stuff without catering staff, hill repeats, football & cider
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Lazy morning so far. WFH, yoga later.

LD, you should fly up all those hills that Lincolnshire is famous for now you're featherweight :smiley:
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Greetings and salutations I bring good tidings and prosperous news of absolutely jack jeffing all...

Anywho sat in the new home office thing slurping coffee listening to to some Olfar Arnalds on my last week of work before escaping to roles a new.

I'm also confused, calendar says June, fells very much like early march or late September leading me to believe the government have used Covid as a means to brainwash us into thinking its in fact June when its one of the above.
    I shall write an angry letter to my local MP and consult my local branch of the Illuminati, perks of being in a semi small village near the woods you get all sorts of weird cults and forest fairies pop up claiming they have found nature or Alan Turing supposed buried gold.

Anyway have I missed anything exciting?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Sogginess seems to have abated at least temporarily.

Wfh today, wfw tomorrow.

The wonders and delights of life on earth pass me by as I sit in a 7.5m² box room, mainly taken up by boxes of Mrs H³'s crap, a clothes dryer (which really should be folded away seeing as it's bl00dy midsummer), and my desk and chair.

At least I have a window. There are sometimes yummy mummy joggers. The other day someone was pulled over by the police. Seemed like they were let go with no further repercussions though.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    step83 said:

Greetings and salutations I bring good tidings and prosperous news of absolutely jack jeffing all...

Anywho sat in the new home office thing slurping coffee listening to to some Olfar Arnalds on my last week of work before escaping to roles a new.

I'm also confused, calendar says June, fells very much like early march or late September leading me to believe the government have used Covid as a means to brainwash us into thinking its in fact June when its one of the above.
    I shall write an angry letter to my local MP and consult my local branch of the Illuminati, perks of being in a semi small village near the woods you get all sorts of weird cults and forest fairies pop up claiming they have found nature or Alan Turing supposed buried gold.

Welcome back Step.

SG is on holiday again, LD went awol in hospital but has been found again, WS other half has had major surgery and is recuperating, Seano bought a jacket that makes him look like Travis Bickle, most of us have been moaning about our OHs and I'm moving house. Not sure if all of that counts as exciting?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

honking here. lit the stove last night as it looked like February out of the window.

Not much happening apart from changing a button i melted and looking for a new car to run alingside the Anaconda, more of which to follow in a separate thread for your advice to keep it trackable and also boost my post count
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • step83
    Stevo_666 said:

step83 said:

Welcome back Step.

SG is on holiday again, LD went awol in hospital but has been found again, WS other half has had major surgery and is recuperating, Seano bought a jacket that makes him look like Travis Bickle, most of us have been moaning about our OHs and I'm moving house. Not sure if all of that counts as exciting?
    Does Seano have the matching Mowhawk?

SG lives on holiday I think, that or he's on some form of expedition for pineapples and tabbies.
    Hopefully WS OH is well on the mend, is the right thing to do send grapes and Lucozade? Obviously heavily disinfected grapes to the point they are alcoholic and in a glass bottle.

Hope the house moves going well I know the mayhem just clearing a rooms caused here, an likely counts as exciting round my way, most excitement we have is some water/river running down the road when it rains lately.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    step83 said:

Stevo_666 said:

step83 said:

Welcome back Step.

Does Seano have the matching Mowhawk?

Welcome back step. Oxoman was supposed to send you a ‘we miss you’ PM but I guess he didn’t get around to it 😕

Mowhawk you say? 😃 might be a bit patchy but worth a go 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinb
    Welcome back Step! Other's summaries are correct and full.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    step83 said:

Hello again.

People have been writing angry letters to the local MP here claiming car parking charges are killing the town. Parking's been free in town for months...

• MattFalle
    Step - ciao!
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    hopkinb said:

Wfh today, wfw tomorrow.

The wonders and delights of life on earth pass me by as I sit in a 7.5m² box room, mainly taken up by boxes of Mrs H³'s censored , a clothes dryer (which really should be folded away seeing as it's bl00dy midsummer), and my desk and chair.

At least I have a window. There are sometimes yummy mummy joggers. The other day someone was pulled over by the police. Seemed like they were let go with no further repercussions though.

Has the mother not cleared it our yet for her?

I'm in the conservatory for wfh, which when it rains (as it is now) is like sitting inside a drum. New shed arrives next week, as soon as I can assemble it, move the crap out of the other shed, line it and move the desk in, i'll work in there.

Wife going for more blood tests and GP appointment today. Saw rheumatologist last week to rule out autoimmune diseases, so one step closer to a diagnosis I guess, but still don't know what's going on.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh
    thistle_ said:

step83 said:

Hello again.

People have been writing angry letters to the local MP here claiming car parking charges are killing the town. Parking's been free in town for months...

That's the problem, the free parking has attracted too many people, choking the town with pollution and litter...
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • step83
    edited June 2021
    thistle_ said:

step83 said:

Hello again.

Write angry letters about free parking killing the area? I know in Heckville they are debating free parking as the shopping center is struggling apparently, mean time they are knocking down a multi storey carpark to make way for flats, which seems illogical to me but meh.
    MattFalle said:

Step - ciao!

Ciao, you'll be glad to know I've not ruined the Ti Bike to much with some new bar tape :D

Also mucky off roading Sunday, was a nice plod along patches I've not been down

• hopkinb
    ^^^

That bar tape ain't black. Remove it. :)

Do they etch the planet X branding on now? Mine was stickers, which fell off in a week, so I'm always getting asked what bike it is. People are ALWAYS disappointed, even when they've said it looks great. 🙄
  • hopkinb
    elbowloh said:

hopkinb said:

Wfh today, wfw tomorrow.

The wonders and delights of life on earth pass me by as I sit in a 7.5m² box room, mainly taken up by boxes of Mrs H³'s censored , a clothes dryer (which really should be folded away seeing as it's bl00dy midsummer), and my desk and chair.

Has the mother not cleared it our yet for her?

I'm in the conservatory for wfh, which when it rains (as it is now) is like sitting inside a drum. New shed arrives next week, as soon as I can assemble it, move the censored out of the other shed, line it and move the desk in, i'll work in there.

Wife going for more blood tests and GP appointment today. Saw rheumatologist last week to rule out autoimmune diseases, so one step closer to a diagnosis I guess, but still don't know what's going on.
    In order:

No, that is now my job. We've booked a decorator for 20th July, so it needs to be done by then. Tbh, I'm just going to load the lot in the tank and take it to the tip if she can't be arsed to sort through it.

How will you deal with cooling in summer? Before the a/c got fixed in Mrs H³'s office, even with the windows and doors open and a fan, it was pretty hot. Though if it's in a North facing bit, or shady bit of the garden you might be OK, ours gets the sun all day.

Maybe, like I think you hinted at before, it's something odd like a reaction to the vaccine. Either way, life must be tough with her being ill and with 2 properly little ones. I hope your keeping yourself as well as you can. Did the knee ever clear up?

If you ever get a couple of hours free, maybe V68 and I (and anyone else in the area), could wobble down Box Hill way and get a coffee? Obvs might be the worst thing you've ever heard, so I won't be offended if not!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Busy day of wfh, nothing exciting going on here. Good to 'see' you Step, glad things are muddling along ok. Enjoy your last week of current employ. I've got loads to do before having a fortninght off doing nothing. We are going to have a few days out but otherwise very much doing nothing. That will feel strange knowing that work is manic. But I really could use a break so phuck 'em.
    hopkinb said:

^^^

Do they etch the planet X branding on now? Mine was stickers, which fell off in a week, so I'm always getting asked what bike it is. People are ALWAYS disappointed, even when they've said it looks great. 🙄

ALWAYS? Have I ever called you a cheapskate :D Besides, your new forks will make it look like a really expensive bike now
  • elbowloh
    The garden is SSW facing, so gets sun all day! Tbh, whenever i've been in there on a hot day, it's been pretty cool, much better than the conservatory.

Well, wife just back from the docs and they're sending her for a full-body CT scan, they've run out of ideas and they're basically looking to see if she has any tumours. They've done brain and spine MRIs with no tumours there, also nothing on the ultrasound of (bits of) her abdomen, so who knows.

Knee is still a bit scabby, but much better and it no longer feels like there is anything in there after the last time it blistered so that's good.

It's unlikely i'll have a couple hours free for a bit, but always up for a ride and a coffee, so maybe when everything has settled down!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb

Morning folks,
    Busy day of wfh, nothing exciting going on here. Good to 'see' you Step, glad things are muddling along ok. Enjoy your last week of current employ. I've got loads to do before having a fortninght off doing nothing. We are going to have a few days out but otherwise very much doing nothing. That will feel strange knowing that work is manic. But I really could use a break so phuck 'em.

hopkinb said:

^^^

ALWAYS? Have I ever called you a cheapskate :D Besides, your new forks will make it look like a really expensive bike now
    You've never pulled up next to me at the lights on a fancy carbon machine though and said, "ooh, that's nice, is it a [insert pricey Ti brand here]." I say, "nah, planet X innit". They say "oh", I then leave them choking on the dust generated by my powaaaah.

True about the fork though. Plus the matching top cap of course! Maybe I should peel the stickers off that too.

Mrs H³ found the invoice for the fork, she was "fascinated" that a fork could cost more than her bike...I made something up about component shortages and lack of post-mounted brake options. Her eyes glazed over...
  • hopkinb
    elbowloh said:

Well, wife just back from the docs and they're sending her for a full-body CT scan, they've run out of ideas and they're basically looking to see if she has any tumours. They've done brain and spine MRIs with no tumours there, also nothing on the ultrasound of (bits of) her abdomen, so who knows.

It's unlikely i'll have a couple hours free for a bit, but always up for a ride and a coffee, so maybe when everything has settled down!

Must be so frustrating...

Cool, thought as much just give us a nod when/if you get time, and if you fancy it. There have been a few br rides.
  • elbowloh
    hopkinb said:

elbowloh said:

Must be so frustrating...

Cool, thought as much just give us a nod when/if you get time, and if you fancy it. There have been a few br rides.
    I think I did intend to do one previously (i think a Box Hill one, starting in Dorking or am i mad?), but then somehow couldn't make it. I think i meant to come to a drinks also (Roebuck?).
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • step83
    hopkinb said:

^^^

It's either zap zap laser of just some form of etching. I'd imagine it comes off with some scotch pad action but I'm not risking it incase I'm wrong!

An thanks V yeah I'm alive in a vague definition of the word still muddling along somehow.

I sorted out out spare room as an office for me which is bang on South West facing, so far it gets bright but no real burning sun which is a blessing as I face the window. Need to build some add-ons for the desk at some point unit to the left and raise the right side up level to the center desk. More pressing I need some wall art an something to kill the echo.
    Thoughts on either? Echo is solely as I have two soft objects in the room, me and the chair. Was thinking some of those soft sound absorbing panels?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    elbowloh said:

New shed arrives next week, as soon as I can assemble it, move the censored out of the other shed, line it...

You see the MF's: this is a good idea.

Greetings brother Step. Sungod is actually Q.

Mashed a PB* out this morning and now I am absolutely fcuked.

*In 2021. Set the PB over 20 years ago. That's one helluva thing to beat now.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    step83 said:

hopkinb said:

^^^

It's either zap zap laser of just some form of etching. I'd imagine it comes off with some scotch pad action but I'm not risking it incase I'm wrong!

An thanks V yeah I'm alive in a vague definition of the word still muddling along somehow.

I sorted out out spare room as an office for me which is bang on South West facing, so far it gets bright but no real burning sun which is a blessing as I face the window. Need to build some add-ons for the desk at some point unit to the left and raise the right side up level to the center desk. More pressing I need some wall art an something to kill the echo.
    Thoughts on either? Echo is solely as I have two soft objects in the room, me and the chair. Was thinking some of those soft sound absorbing panels?
    Egg boxes taped to the wall will do if you're on a budget.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249

Old dear is back from Verona with a special delivery for me.
  • step83
    pinno said:

elbowloh said:

New shed arrives next week, as soon as I can assemble it, move the censored out of the other shed, line it...

Being Q explains far far more, when's he off to annoy Picard next?
    Stevo_666 said:

step83 said:

hopkinb said:

^^^

Mine usually come in a small bag with some hay so may struggle there, cost wise is fine. It's just annoying having the echo, similar to an empty room echo, just need some acoustic pads or the like, not the spikey things just the flat panel ones that look like notice boards.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    step83 said:

pinno said:

elbowloh said:

Being Q explains far far more, when's he off to annoy Picard next?
    Stevo_666 said:

step83 said:

hopkinb said:

^^^

Mine usually come in a small bag with some hay so may struggle there, cost wise is fine. It's just annoying having the echo, similar to an empty room echo, just need some acoustic pads or the like, not the spikey things just the flat panel ones that look like notice boards.
    Hang a large rug on the wall Persian style.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    step83 said:

hopkinb said:

^^^

step83 said:

hopkinb said:

^^^

hookers. one in each corner.

job jobbed
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Old dear is back from Verona with a special delivery for me.

Macaroons?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי