'ning

solsticial ride, followed by usual laziness
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning

WFW today and not much else.
    Race went ok yesterday and felt great afterwards, but not so great today :neutral:
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Grey here, think its a pretty standard Monday coming up (he says hopefully).

Lets see what happens, shall we....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Sunny here currently but not got time for planned run so will do it later in the rain 🙄

Work stuff and a chilled night planned
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432

Morning, well after spending a good few days in hospital , (another Crohn’s disease flare up) I am back fighting fit, ok probably not fighting fit but feeling a lot better, a quick dog walk this morning , I think I will give the bike rides a miss for a few days
    Have a good day

welcome back ld
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod said:

Morning, well after spending a good few days in hospital , (another Crohn’s disease flare up) I am back fighting fit, ok probably not fighting fit but feeling a lot better, a quick dog walk this morning , I think I will give the bike rides a miss for a few days
    Have a good day

welcome back ld
    ^^^

Indeed. Glad you're on the mend!

Rain. Wfh. Etc.
  • tlw1
    Welcome back LD
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    sungod said:

Have a good day

welcome back ld
    Echo that

👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn said:

sungod said:

Have a good day

welcome back ld
    Echo that

👍
    I thought it said lad, sorry, I don’t echo that.
  • seanoconn

Have a good day

Welcome back lad 👍 (less formal)

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Welcome back LD.

Weather has turned from shyte to exfra shyte so WFH was a good plan, apart from the extra trip to the tip at lunchtime. Gave the estate agents a shove this am as the sellers haven't returned their contract pack yet, lazy feckers.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    LD back and at it.

Cool, breezy and rather overcast solstice. Feel a bit robbed. Was out at 10.50pm last night wandering around the garden with the cat as there was still a bit of daylight.

Making bread.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Reasons to be cheerful*:

Came back from shopping and the cat was multi coloured.
    The girls have decorated the drive with their Jumbo chalks and the cat had obviously been rolling on his back on the drive.

*Post them.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Reasons to be cheerful*:

*Post them.

- Got 500 Panzermiles in yesterday with a couple of backroad detours.
    - Sold 2 unused bikes in the last week so have now made space for my next (titanium) toy.
    - The local charity shops love me because of the sheer volume of stuff we're donating.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

Reasons to be cheerful*:

Came back from shopping and the cat was multi coloured.
    The girls have decorated the drive with their Jumbo chalks and the cat had obviously been rolling on his back on the drive.

Shame the neighbour's cat doesn't do any rolling around on the ground. He is too cool for that.

• thistle_
    is @homers_double still alive?
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

Have a good day

Welcome back lad 👍 (less formal)

morning fella, good to see you.
  • MattFalle
    Eating Southern fried chicken drinking coffee

#livingthedream
  • seanoconn
    MattFalle said:

Eating Southern fried chicken drinking coffee

#livingthedream

In a car park?
  • MattFalle
    not yet - give me a couple of hours and I'll be there 😃
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    High summer eh. 12c and mizzling. I blame little Hattie Mancock.

Fettling round 1 done, lunch break, then back for more. New wheels = tyre rotations = setting up tubeless on the graveller. Putting the old steel tourer (feels so heavy now compared with the newer Ns) back to original config. Rock solid bike but... will I ever use it again?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy day in the orifice, horrible grey and damp out this morning so I wimped out and drove in. suffering a major case of CBA.
    Reasons to be Cheerful, walked past the singing bench with that written on the back of it the other day. Unfortunately it has been decommissioned. There is now a plaque with a small explanation and a QR code.
    https://www.royalparks.org.uk/parks/richmond-park/richmond-park-attractions/ian-dury-bench
    That bench makes me smile, it used to have solar panels in the arms and you could plug in your headphones and listen to it.
    Good to see your back LD, sorry to hear about the flare up. Hope HD is ok, hope everyone else is ok as well. I might go in search of cake...
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    AHHHHHHHH!!H!H!H!HH!!!

Fricking Maryland bridge finally fell out on Saturday, now missing a front tooth. Bloody horrible.
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

AHHHHHHHH!!H!H!H!HH!!!

Fricking Maryland bridge finally fell out on Saturday, now missing a front tooth. Bloody horrible.

I lost a front crown just over a year ago in lockdown, just after I gave myself a skinhead cut with the clippers. Worked wonders for social distancing.

Implant time?
  • MattFalle

@pinno said:
    Reasons to be cheerful*:

I get to bring him home tomorrow.

GET IN!
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

AHHHHHHHH!!H!H!H!HH!!!

I lost a front crown just over a year ago in lockdown, just after I gave myself a skinhead cut with the clippers. Worked wonders for social distancing.

Implant time?
    Too expensive :( Still got the bridge and it's not broken so they can just stick it back in.
  • tlw1

@pinno said:
    Reasons to be cheerful*:

I get to bring him home tomorrow.

Awesome
  • seanoconn
    Reasons to be cheerful.

My dress up jacket arrive 😃 M65 military Vietnam style field Jacket. I look like a cross between Travis Bickle and John Rambo if I do say so myself.

Hopefully the Missus will let me keep this one, unlike the satin bomber jacket with a gold scorpion on the back 😎
    “Sean, you are not a Hollywood stuntman or a cool LA bank robber and I would not be seen dead with you wearing that!”

I thought I could carry it off personally.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    Reasons to be cheerful. Both new wheels got their tubeless seated and sealed first time, no problem at all. 👍 On the overnight pressure drop test now but all looks bob on. Happy with that.

Reasons to be not cheerful. 'kin dismal weather.