thursday of the empyreal pineapple

'ning

easy ride, shops, cafes, bask, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Walk, work & run (three peaks thistle…….. fancy it, classed as easy run on the plan)

Later is no ale again with still more liquid foods, with some real food so I don’t kill people

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    WFH
    Pool party

I'll give the run a miss tlw, got a race on Sunday and don't fancy a broken leg :blush:
  • tlw1
    thistle_ said:

'Ning
    WFH
    Pool party

I'll give the run a miss tlw, got a race on Sunday and don't fancy a broken leg :blush:

What race?
  • tlw1
    oxoman said:

Morning all. Yet more DIY. Hopefully have a gentle jog later. TLW which 3 peaks run. Still no sign of @lincolndave. Send out the search parties.

It’s a local one, just over the border in thistle land. Only 7.5 miles but at 324ft climbing per mile good practice for UTS
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

'Ning
    WFH
    Pool party

What race?
    A nice flat 10k around knutsford.

In lieu of a half marathon that was cancelled in feb 2020 because it was a bit breezy.
  • thistle_
    To be honest if this one looks too chaotic and overcrowded I might just turn round and go back home.
    Apart from starting people in waves and saying "don't turn up if you've got covid" there don't seem to be many controls in place.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    WFH, Teams meetings pretty much from 9 till 13.00.

Health visitor was supposed to be coming today, but has cancelled.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • tlw1
    The couple of races I’ve done have been set off in waves and worked well……. But these are circa 400 people and long so decent space
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Runnists!

Carb loading at the hotel breakfast table ahead of a long day in remoteness. Much fire road, lots of scenery big vista stylee, few if any people - did a 30km section the other day when I did not see a single person - but there is a good cafe to stop at on the way back.

Day planned.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    elbowloh said:

Probably have to clear their calendar and psych themselves up in preparation for a visit to your gaff elbow 👍😉
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • elbowloh
    seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

Probably have to clear their calendar and psych themselves up in preparation for a visit to your gaff elbow 👍😉
    At least we don't have to clear cat shit up before they come nowadays.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    oxoman said:

Morning all. Yet more DIY. Hopefully have a gentle jog later. TLW which 3 peaks run. Still no sign of @lincolndave. Send out the search parties.

Last daily post, 9th June, last post 12, June, last activity 14th June.

Retirement monotony syndrome.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Sunny - wahey!

Things to do in the garden. Bought an Acer palmatum purpureum which hopefully won't get killed by a late frost like the last one if I plant it in a sensible place. Will bring it on in a pot for a while.

Will tinker on Porker'#1 when the ECU arrives back in the post.

Nothing recent re.: accidents in Lincs.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

oxoman said:

Last daily post, 9th June, last post 12, June, last activity 14th June.

Retirement monotony syndrome.
    Unless cargobike is picking us off one by one
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Absolutely gopping down so we're hunkered down in the office intending not to budge.

Just found out we've been given the day off tomorrow as they are having some people in who wound us up chronically last time they were in and we can't be trusted not to lose our rags this time around....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    edited June 2021
    Morning all.

Do you think I can go to my GP and ask to be signed off because I simply cannot focus on work at the moment? I don't know what it is. It isn't laziness because there are lots of things I'd like to get stuck into, but I just don't have an interest currently in this job that - on the face of it - I absolutely love.

So I'm unproductive and I'm conscious it might start to look bad. If I did get signed off, what would it say on my notes? What would I tell work?

I don't know if I'm burnt out, depressed, stressed (I do have lots on my plate at work) or a bit of everything. Despite being very open about my mental state and seeking help, I have never actually asked my GP to sign me off work for anything non-physical.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • elbowloh
    MattFalle said:

Ciao

Absolutely gopping down so we're hunkered down in the office intending not to budge.

Just found out we've been given the day off tomorrow as they are having some people in who wound us up chronically last time they were in and we can't be trusted not to lose our rags this time around....

Government ministers?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    My next door neighbour was about to be made redundant after 30 years and couldn’t face going in to work for his notice period. He saw his GP to get signed off.
    I suggested he mention that he wasn’t sleeping, loss of appetite, feeling agitated and getting anxious over trivial things. I said he could always add an increase in alcohol consumption and don’t bother shower or shave when you go for your appointment. Bursting in to tears would be the icing on the cake.
    However that might get you a referral to mental health services as well as a sick note.
    You say you feel like this because of the current pandemic and it would go down in your notes as Anxiety/ Depression.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Thanks @webboo - food for thought.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • tlw1
    Ben6899 said:

Morning all.

Do you think I can go to my GP and ask to be signed off because I simply cannot focus on work at the moment? I don't know what it is. It isn't laziness because there are lots of things I'd like to get stuck into, but I just don't have an interest currently in this job that - on the face of it - I absolutely love.

So I'm unproductive and I'm conscious it might start to look bad. If I did get signed off, what would it say on my notes? What would I tell work?

I don't know if I'm burnt out, depressed, stressed (I do have lots on my plate at work) or a bit of everything. Despite being very open about my mental state and seeking help, I have never actually asked my GP to sign me off work for anything non-physical.

Firstly I would have some holiday to see if it’s the job that’s impacting your life or the other way round
  • thistle_
    Ben6899 said:

Morning all.

Cantbearseditis, I've got the same.

Covid fatigue is something they're trying desperately to stop everyone getting at our place because the last thing they want is people being unproductive or going off sick when they don't have enough staff as it is and can't recruit people.
    It's clearly working seeing as I'm posting on here.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    elbowloh said:

MattFalle said:

Ciao

Government ministers?
    amongst some others.

one nearly got pinned to a wall last time, we assured the required people that need to know that the "nearly" wouldn't factor this time round.....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    hopkinb said:
    😎

Been watching the tracker, she has done awesome. My mates coach held the previous record.

Quite fancy a multi day event but already take the pee on training (16hrs in the last 7 days)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,161
    Busy-ish day as fitted in a trip to the tip and boxing up the downhill bike ready for shipping tomorrow. Lucky I got a big bloody roll of bubble wrap.

May walk the dogs later as it was tanking down this morning.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976

Apologies for the late check in, almost last minute prep/polish adjusted for whichever hemisphere you happen to be in.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Busy day of wfw with a moist wobble there and back. Took the pub, shopping hack as I had to carry stuff. Fortunately it has mudguards. Was in a meeting with new computer people, overran by quite a bit so late leaving, hopefully they can help sort things out. Seemed pretty good to me, much better the previous shower.