GB News

Let's hive this off to its own thread.

They are getting better, it looks like they have stopped reading out contributors' surnames in case they miss some joke names - so when they got an email from Tess Tegel, they read it out as from "Tess in Stoke on Trent".

Unfortunately...

Comments

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,552
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,442
    Is that the set everyone's been talking about? It looks like one of those rooms where they interview people who want to remain anonymous. I'm surprised they haven't pixellated Sunak's face and used an actor for his voice to protect his identity!
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,311
    It does deserve it's own thread I guess but most of the posts about it were quite funny, so it didn't seem too out of place.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I'm surprised they're not wearing Guido Fawkes masks. The edgelords.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    any linkies to the original bits pleeeeaaasse
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,311
    MattFalle said:

Last few pages of the "trivial things that cheer you up" thread
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,442
    Sounds like Chris Morris is back in business

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg9JLl2Xh48
  • MattFalle
    pangolin said:

MattFalle said:

Last few pages of the "trivial things that cheer you up" thread
    grazie!
  • MattFalle
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    edited June 2021
    I mean I know that GB News having some pretty amateur moments is red meat to you lot, but gaffes and technical issues aside, the Sunak interview was very good, as was the in depth analysis afterwards by Portillo and Liam Halligan who appears to be something of debt and inflation hawk and proffered similar arguments to those of Surrey Commuter. Enjoy the c0ck ups while they last, I suspect the production and technical issues will quickly improve.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,531
    shortfall said:

I mean I know that GB News having some pretty amateur moments is red meat to you lot, but gaffes and technical issues aside, the Sunak interview was very good, as was the in depth analysis afterwards by Portillo Liam Halligan who appears to be something of debt and inflation hawk and proffered similar arguments to those of Surrey Commuter. Enjoy the c0ck ups while they last, I suspect the production and technical issues will quickly improve.

I'm glad you've accepted you want to be in your own bubble, where you get token or straw man representatives of the other side of the spectrum to make you feel both like you're balanced and that they are indeed talking sh!t.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Too late for Hugh Jarse or Phil McCracken to call in then? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195

shortfall said:

I mean I know that GB News having some pretty amateur moments is red meat to you lot, but gaffes and technical issues aside, the Sunak interview was very good, as was the in depth analysis afterwards by Portillo Liam Halligan who appears to be something of debt and inflation hawk and proffered similar arguments to those of Surrey Commuter. Enjoy the c0ck ups while they last, I suspect the production and technical issues will quickly improve.

I'm glad you've accepted you want to be in your own bubble, where you get token or straw man representatives of the other side of the spectrum to make you feel both like you're balanced and that they are indeed talking sh!t.

Again - you're sounding ridiculous
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,207
    Do you think Sunak got the job?
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,196
    shortfall said:

Yes, I agree the Portillo and Halligan bit was good and tell me a platform that hasn't had it's issues from day one. As it's all about sound and vision problems can't be kept under wraps.

Look at all the recent problems the BBC have been having and they have had nearly a hundred years to refine the organisation. We've had thirty six years of EastEnders, a new set costing eighty million and they still can't figure out it's dire negative drivel.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Drew Peacock
  • kingstongraham
    I didn't really think much of Neil launching it with the phrase "we won't forget what the B in our name stands for", then one day later being outraged at a BBC reporter getting hassled.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    edited June 2021

Drew Peacock

Slightly more family friendly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpG1Z3RurUc
    Not sure if he's still running the same joke today:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ckxqd0Fs4A
  • kingstongraham
    Not a great interview with Sunak, I thought. Started with "How are you going to pay for all this?", then later went on to "why haven't you given out more money?". Didn't actually answer either half.

Any difficult question got the answer "I can't comment about fiscal policy".
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,552

Not a great interview with Sunak, I thought. Started with "How are you going to pay for all this?", then later went on to "why haven't you given out more money?". Didn't actually answer either half.

I only saw a few minutes, and I thought Neil was being a bit foolish around boiler replacements and who will pay. I mainly posted it as it is quite a high profile interview to have landed.
  • shortfall
    Stevo_666 said:

Lol, or maybe Rudolf Hucker? Anyway it's good to see that our resident premature ejaculator is getting so worked up about it all, it probably means they're annoying the right people.
  • kingstongraham

I only saw a few minutes, and I thought Neil was being a bit foolish around boiler replacements and who will pay. I mainly posted it as it is quite a high profile interview to have landed.
    I guess he needed to tread a fine line between "not interesting" and "nobody else is going to volunteer for this treatment because they don't have to". We already know Johnson ran away as fast as his legs could carry him from being interviewed by Neil at full throttle.
  • kingstongraham
    Stevo_666 said:

I believe Farage wished Hugh Janus a happy birthday for £50.
  • shortfall
    edited June 2021

Sure and Halligan and Portillo both commented that Sunak gave a consummate performance without answering a single question. Plus ça change. The point of it for me was that the pundits gave the responses that Sunak wouldn't in their analysis.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,531
    shortfall said:

Stevo_666 said:

Lol, or maybe Rudolf Hucker? Anyway it's good to see that our resident premature ejaculator is getting so worked up about it all, it probably means they're annoying the right people.
    I'm much more excited about going after you than GB news - honestly, there is real hypocrisy in your position.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    shortfall said:

Sure and Halligan and Portillo both commented that Sunak gave a consummate performance without answering a single question. Plus ça change. The point of it for me was that the pundits gave the responses that Sunak wouldn't in their analysis.
    But isn't that just conjecture or indeed spin?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,607
    shortfall said:

Is that really useful, though, given neither are anywhere near the levers of power? I thought the whole point of a Neil interview was that he got answers to his questions.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • shortfall
    edited June 2021
    elbowloh said:

shortfall said:

But isn't that just conjecture or indeed spin?
    Call it what you want. Analysis? Comment? Sunak knows he's fvcked and has his hands tied by various manifesto pledges not to raise taxes and so on. He also has a PM who likes spvnking money everywhere. Neil pressed him on all this but he played a straight bat as politicians do and just stonewalled the interview. The pundits then gave their opinions on what in reality he would have to do to balance the books. The answer was that he would have to break several manifesto promises and even then he will still be fvcked, particularly if interest rates move up and the rise in inflation turns out to be more than a temporary spike. I think the interview is now in YouTube if you're interested.

• shortfall
    rjsterry said:

shortfall said:

Is that really useful, though, given neither are anywhere near the levers of power? I thought the whole point of a Neil interview was that he got answers to his questions.
    Sometimes he does, sometimes he is just very well briefed and asks difficult questions and we're left to fill in the blanks ourselves when someone like Rishi bluffs his way through.