• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    WFW
    Gym

Really tired today, not sure why.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Walk hounds, WFW, self catering some won’t be just baby food, then some outside jobs before the weather turns
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321
    oxoman said:

Morning, blue sky's and Sun again. DIY again and walking the Mutt. Still no sign of our retiree @lincolndave, missing in action.

Oh Shite! I warned him about getting a hobby. Hope he’s ok.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Sitting second exam of two today. Those who have done the exam already have been on the forums have said its really hard, the questions are ambigious, worded poorly and even though they studied all the material they wasn;t able to answer some questions and wouldn't even if it was open book.

So, looks like i did the right thing by doing sod all study. I did the mock and got 70%, so who knows...
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    edited June 2021
    sungod said:

'ning

ride and cafes, bask and laze

hope all went well ws

Might one ask how you've got away with this unnecessary foreign travel?

The extent of my beach/surf time was Sale Water Park last night where I knocked 2 minutes off my 4 lap PB :)

New hoods fitted yesterday plus an a5s-saver purchased for the impending downpour on Sunday.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    elbowloh said:

Sitting second exam of two today. Those who have done the exam already have been on the forums have said its really hard, the questions are ambigious, worded poorly and even though they studied all the material they wasn;t able to answer some questions and wouldn't even if it was open book.

So, looks like i did the right thing by doing sod all study. I did the mock and got 70%, so who knows...

whats the exam?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Meh; dull, wet.

Have done chores.
    Will wait for recycling org to pull finger and press the go button when they triple ratify with extraordinary* committee meeting number 456. (useless baskets).

*Only 'cos they have to actually make a decision.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    elbowloh said:

"You spiteful basturd, Neil! Just because you've done loads and loads of work for this, just because you're a creepy little swot you've done about 15 million tons worth of work, like a girl, and it's because I'm so hard and street and cool that I've done absolutely bugger all"
  • elbowloh

elbowloh said:

whats the exam?
    It's the IRM International Certificate in Risk Management. It was related to the job I did at previous firm and they paid for it. I'm still going to the exam even though I don't need it now, but may do for the future.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438

sungod said:

'ning

hope all went well ws

The extent of my beach/surf time was Sale Water Park last night where I knocked 2 minutes off my 4 lap PB :)

New hoods fitted yesterday plus an a5s-saver purchased for the impending downpour on Sunday.
    hols are way more necessary than the g7 jolly :smiley:

no pb here, definitely feeling the lack of long/hard rides over the last few months, sigh, must try harder

sunbed beckons
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    elbowloh said:

elbowloh said:

whats the exam?
    It's the IRM International Certificate in Risk Management. It was related to the job I did at previous firm and they paid for it. I'm still going to the exam even though I don't need it now, but may do for the future.
    any qual is always handy to have in the back pocket - good luck dude.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    glorious sunny here, lovely chilled out day, gym gymm'd but going back later for more.

apart from that, not a lit.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686

Thank you all for the wishes. Was an utterly sh!t day to begin, slept about 2 hours last night at best and drove through thick fog to arrive at hospital at designated hour.. to find them shut for another 20 minutes.

Bundled out by staff once they'd ticked all the paperwork boxes and sat nervously at home waiting... and waiting..

Finally spoke to surgeon about 2pm while I was out driving aimlessly about. Op took just over 4 hours, almost double his initial guesstimate.

But early result is a mahoosive f^cking win as far as I am concerned. He's still waiting for the official pathology report but is fairly sure it was a benign slow growth tumour and that he's fixed it. All of it.

I pulled over, cried my eyes out and nearly threw up from relief.

Other Half has some serious recovery to do after that, but I still have him. That's all I care about.

What a day! But what a great early result!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • elbowloh
    Great WS, a big relief
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

But early result is a mahoosive f^cking win as far as I am concerned. He's still waiting for the official pathology report but is fairly sure it was a benign slow growth tumour and that he's fixed it. All of it.

Other Half has some serious recovery to do after that, but I still have him. That's all I care about.

Hurrah! That's super news. I seem to momentarily have something in my eye, I'm sure it will pass...
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    edited June 2021
    Off for steak and chips with an advisor shortly, which is definitely the highlight of my day!

Otherwise work meh etc.

Bike is intermittently clicking whilst pedalling - not loud, but loud enough to wind me up, Only things left to do are try new cleats, take the pedals off and regrease threads, change bottom bracket. Tried pedalling with only one leg on both sides, no click. Both feet back on pedals, click returned. Clicks out of saddle, clicks no handed, so definitely drive train related. Cassette and chain are both new. All the spokes are taut, no loose nipples, gave them all a squirt of gt85 where they cross. No disc rub. Headset is brand new. Valve stem taped up. Saddle rail bolts done up nice and tight, and rails lightly greased. Maybe I could put some grease on the drop outs, but I shouldn't have to. QRs nice and tight.

Or buy a new bl00dy bike or just dunk the current one in a bath of lube. I hate clicking.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Excellent news WS, I bet he's rather bemused that a load of internet wierdos from thousands of miles away give a sh1t!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172

Thank you all for the wishes. Was an utterly sh!t day to begin, slept about 2 hours last night at best and drove through thick fog to arrive at hospital at designated hour.. to find them shut for another 20 minutes.

Bundled out by staff once they'd ticked all the paperwork boxes and sat nervously at home waiting... and waiting..

Finally spoke to surgeon about 2pm while I was out driving aimlessly about. Op took just over 4 hours, almost double his initial guesstimate.

Excellent news for you and the OH WS. Hope he recovers as quickly as possible.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321
    hopkinb said:

Bike is intermittently clicking whilst pedalling - not loud, but loud enough to wind me up, Only things left to do are try new cleats, take the pedals off and regrease threads, change bottom bracket. Tried pedalling with only one leg on both sides, no click. Both feet back on pedals, click returned. Clicks out of saddle, clicks no handed, so definitely drive train related. Cassette and chain are both new. All the spokes are taut, no loose nipples, gave them all a squirt of gt85 where they cross. No disc rub. Headset is brand new. Valve stem taped up. Saddle rail bolts done up nice and tight, and rails lightly greased. Maybe I could put some grease on the drop outs, but I shouldn't have to. QRs nice and tight.

You haven’t got the hang of this yet hop. The trick is to sound extra sad and helpless until V68 takes pity and offers to help 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Another gloriously sunny day, so I'm wfh of course.
    Really pleased for you WS, amazing how happy news from some bloke on the far side of the world that I will almost certainly never meet has made me. Good luck to the other half with the recovery, going to be tough for you both by the sounds of it.
    HD, a holiday in the sun is as necessary for SG as breathing is to the rest of us. He's not call Sungod for nothing.
    H³, just bring your bike round here. Don't try and fix it yourself. I will give it a good home. see what I can do. I suspect it's your knees, we can get the garage MF to apply a Hello Kitty plaster and Calpol.
  • MattFalle

GTAF IN! Top result of the day.

Brilliant news.
  • thistle_

sungod said:

'ning

hope all went well ws

He's not coming back until next year when all this covid stuff has blown over.

• thistle_

Glad it's all good so far.
    What's the score with visiting over there? Are you allowed to be with him?

• Stevo_666
    'Kin ell, busy today. Work stuff plus stupid/nit picky questions from buyers solicitors, plus packing Stropteen off on the train to clean out her place in Liverpool. And its bl00dy hot in here as well...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Yeah - great new WS

Think you were due some good news
  • elbowloh
    Just sat the exam. About half the questions were based on a number of case studies (about made up companies) you read during the exam. They then asked questions that you could not possibly know the answer from by reading the case study. The only way you could possibly know was if you worked at said made-up company. Lots of people who had taken the exam earlier in the week were complaining about how hard it was and I can see why now.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Stevo_666 said:

'Kin ell, busy today. Work stuff plus stupid/nit picky questions from buyers solicitors, plus packing Stropteen off on the train to clean out her place in Liverpool. And its bl00dy hot in here as well...

We got asked if we'd service the boiler before moving out. We didn't have a boiler.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Stevo_666
    Ben6899 said:

Stevo_666 said:

We got asked if we'd service the boiler before moving out. We didn't have a boiler.
    Funnily enough one of them was boiler related.

The real nit picking was about the garden shed we put up back in 2004 (I even got planning permission for it as there was some miserable old bag who lived in the close behind our garden who would have dobbed us in if we didn't). They trawled through the title deeds dating back to 1979 and found some sub-clause saying we had to ask permission from the developer before putting up a shed. I pointed out politely that the developer stopped trading in 2002.
  • elbowloh
    To most of the questions we got from the buyers solicitor I answered "don't know" because it was mostly about things that happened decades before we were there.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk