Bike nook

Looking for a way to store a couple of bikes in a shed and free up a bit of floor space. This is one possibility, along with wall hanging and semi vertical rack.

Anyone got one of these? Any favourable/unfavourable opinions?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thane-Bike-Nook-Standing-Bicycle/dp/B06XXSHGWR

Comments

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    edited June 2021
    I don't own one of these, but I own three Hornit Clugs, which hold the bike vertical like this (and take up much less space when not in use). The only drawback in a shed is that you'd be limited by joist locations.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,132
    Ben6899 said:

I don't own one of these, but I own three Hornit Clugs, which hold the bike vertical like this (and take up much less space when not in use). The only drawback in a shed is that you'd be limited by joist locations.

I could put a board between the joists to attach the Clugs to. That's an option, thanks.

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    no need - just go to B&Q and buy a hook for £1.99

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Planet X had wall mounts for a quid the other day. May be too late for that offer of course.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

Planet X had wall mounts for a quid the other day. May be too late for that offer of course.

They've increased in price.

£1.99 now.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • kingstongraham
    I don't really want it hanging in mid air, and needs to be very very easy to get on and off, including for a BSO that is heavier than it has any right to be.

The Clug makes sense, back wheel on the floor, front wheel supported. I guess the planet X ones could just be put at the right height and it does the same thing.
  • MattFalle
    it is easy to get off.

lift up 3 inches. put on floor.

job jobbed.

but hey - ho.
  • kingstongraham
    MattFalle said:

it is easy to get off.

lift up 3 inches. put on floor.

job jobbed.

but hey - ho.

That already sounds like it may be too much effort and require too much accuracy, but I will consult with my co-shed user.
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,489
    edited June 2021
    One point to watch with ceiling hanging if you have deep section wheels - you need the hook to be long enough for your deep rim to clear the hook before the tyre hits the ceiling.
    Before anyone asks, mine is fine, but it was probably more luck than judgement.
  • MattFalle
    singleton said:

One point to watch with ceiling hanging if you have deep section wheels - you need the hook to be long enough for your deep rim to clear the hook before the tyre hits the ceiling.
    Before anyone asks, mine is fine, but it was probably more luck than judgement.

hang it off the wall like mine (90s on tge S3, 60s on the Pina, 80s on N1) then you'll have no worries with any of that malarky.