saturday and the pineapple of destiny

'ning

mild, brighter than the last couple of days

ride cafes, pack shiny bike, maybe bask, finish packing, relax
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Walk, run, fuel/breakfast, then ride to Ludlow to meet the family and then seafood platter for lunch followed by various pubs and stay there overnight - should be fun
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Raining, can't be bothered to ride. Will do weights sesh then Bambino has tennis this afternoon so will go and sit in a car park.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Funny weather again. Last day of it so they say.
    Will have 1 more day convalesce and pedal tomorrow as i've just about shaken off some sort of lurgy + effects C19 Jab #2.
    Bit annoyed such things have taken away a bit of momentum.
    Hopefully won't be huffin' and puffin' too much.

Very nice that Ludlow.
    How those over hanging Tudor houses stay up, i've no idea.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

Very nice that Ludlow.
    How those over hanging Tudor houses stay up, i've no idea.

i'm no builder, but timber, nails, mortar, that sort of stuff i'd say.
  • pinno
    Have you seen them?!

• pinno
    Look - you can see the diversion sign.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Good curry last night but had a bit of payback this morning.

More sorting through stuff in the loft, this time its the stuff I brought back from my folks house. Couple of tip and charity shop trips are in the offing. Must get round to sticking the downhill bike on Fleabay.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

Have you seen them?!

yes
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

Look - you can see the diversion sign.

that sign actually says "road closed for public market Sat and Sunday"
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Ahh. The great British seaside. Cold, despite the sun, windy (couldn't find our windbreak or beach tent), covered in rotting seaweed and sandflies. Nice and clean though. Good weather for yachty types, not for loafing on the beach.
  • MattFalle
    Any norks?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    hopkinb said:

Ahh. The great British seaside. Cold, despite the sun, windy (couldn't find our windbreak or beach tent), covered in rotting seaweed and sandflies. Nice and clean though. Good weather for yachty types, not for loafing on the beach.

Hope it’s warmer tomorrow. It’s more sheltered on the right towards the peninsula, beyond the car park by the sand dunes. Beach not quite as nice though.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • hopkinb
    MattFalle said:

Any norks?

Loads of pendulous ones.
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn said:

hopkinb said:

Hope it’s warmer tomorrow. It’s more sheltered on the right towards the peninsula, beyond the car park by the sand dunes. Beach not quite as nice though.
    We're over that way anyway because of the doggo. Would be totally OK with a windbreak.
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

Any norks?

Loads of pendulous ones.
    so not good, no?
  • hopkinb
    Well, it's pendulous or engage in borderline noncery.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    But probably not by the time I finish writing this. Traditional slow start was enjoyed.bits if pottering to be done, need to fix a mate's pub bike. I agreed to it a couple of months ago but only if he cleaned it first. He's just done that so I should fix it before it gets covered in crud again.
    I've got a windbreak in the garage H³, you can borrow that. I think I bought it when we went to Wittering some years back.
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

lets steer clear of both then shall we....
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Hello. Been to Sainsbury’s, bought shorts and t-shirts for teen GTi and stuff to treat athletes foot and grody nails for me. Torn at the moment - seen a guitar I’d really really like. Do I buy it??

Lawn to be mowed this afternoon and need to check my tent before having a night camping on DofE next week. Had a nice Chinese last night though.
  • hopkinb
    MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

My thoughts exactly, so building a wall out of rocks with mini.
  • MattFalle
    johngti said:

Hello. Been to Sainsbury’s, bought shorts and t-shirts for teen GTi and stuff to treat athletes foot and grody nails for me. Torn at the moment - seen a guitar I’d really really like. Do I buy it??

Lawn to be mowed this afternoon and need to check my tent before having a night camping on DofE next week. Had a nice Chinese last night though.

of course you friggin' buy it.

ffs. first the tour thread, now this.

buy it buy it buy it buy it buy buy it now.
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

My thoughts exactly, so building a wall out of rocks with mini.
    and that my friend is what its all abaht.

top stuff!
  • johngti
    MattFalle said:

johngti said:

of course you friggin' buy it.

ffs. first the tour thread, now this.

buy it buy it buy it buy it buy buy it now.
    Maybe…

• johngti

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Another dreary start to the day, too wet to bother walking the dog. Emptied contents of office drawers and cupboards looking for the Garmin HRM I know I used to have... and now can't find anywhere.

Out to lunch, and the joys of supermarket shopping on a Saturday.

Longer ride on the new Tacx trainer gadget. Note to Tacx: "almost completely flat" does not mean 24 km of false flat with gradient of 1 - 3.5%.

Dinner of first attempt at baked risotto, with leeks, chicken, thyme, mint, lemon, spinach and parmesan. Turned out remarkably well. :smile:

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    johngti said:

Buy it! I’m up for forming a band, I’m a great front man. All you have to do is write all the songs, play all the music, arrange gigs, arrange transports to gigs, make sure the front man’s backstage demands are met, sorting drug paraphernalia etc. Above all don’t upset the talent.

When’s our first gig?
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

johngti said:

Buy it! I’m up for forming a band, I’m a great front man. All you have to do is write all the songs, play all the music, arrange gigs, arrange transports to gigs, make sure the front man’s backstage demands are met, sorting drug paraphernalia etc. Above all don’t upset the talent.

When’s our first gig?
    My mums 70th at the start of July?
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

Have you seen them?!

Went past it on the way to this pub (Thai food available)
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

johngti said:

When’s our first gig?
    My mums 70th at the start of July?
    We’re in gti!

Is mum partial to a bit of Axel Rose style snake hips tlw1?
  • johngti
    seanoconn said:

johngti said:

When’s our first gig?
    Already got a ton of songs, a drummer (if he can be dragged from being busy with the big green machine) and a bass player. Job jobbed.