How clean is tennis?

I was looking at a photo of Coco Gauff at Roland Garros and then compared it with a photo from last year... basically she doubled in size... OK, she's at an age where one still develops, but boy, she must eat a lot of protein!!
left the forum March 2023

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    I'm not a huge fan of it to be honest, but the lines that come out are, almost word for word, the same as cycling in the 90s...

The levels of delusion are high.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    It isn't clean. Not remotely.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,411
    It depends where they shove those balls ;)

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Its going through what cycling and football and rugby union did a few years ago.

so, not very clean.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,878
    A couple of years ago Djokovic said he hadn't had an OOC test for over 12 months.
    Serena ran to her panic room when the testers called.

They play for 3-5 hours in 40+ degree heat (courtside temp) with virtually no drop off in intensity.

Like football and rugby, if you don't look for the problem you can claim you don't have the problem.

Very dirty if you ask me.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    I suspect hard courts (US open and Aus) are the cleanest. Grass (Wimbledon) is next, but grass stains can be a bugger to get out of whites. Clay (French) is clearly the dirtiest, the granules will get everywhere, in your shoes, down your pants, in your hair etc.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk