montag hielten sich für schlaue leute witterten schon fette beute riefen krieg und wollten macht

'ning

cloudymild start, feels rather humid

ride, cafes, usual, sort out stuff for hols

nena in her sparkly outfit, some things are just better in german
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHLcoR9U2_M
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Yep. remember it well.
    Must have been a posh do, she shaved her oxters.

Anyway, today will be a short bimble with a mate and then after that, normal service will be resumed.
    All this loafing about won't do itself you know.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    ciao

misty. going to work. currently sitting in the car outside the house waiting for B&B as mornings ate a tad, errrr, stressful in our place so I get out of the way.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning
    WFW
    Bike ride later
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Shoot sleep, back in pain after moving loads of sandstone yesterday.

Board call today which is fun(less), later is cycling over to my parents to pick up loads of erm heavy logs
  • ballysmate
    oxoman said:

Morning, el-schorcho out. Easy day doing not a lot hopefully. Try and find new plasterer as original one has let me down.

Tradesmen are absolute bastards when they no show. And there is FA you can usually do about it. Bastards!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    This not so smart person who locked himself out and had to break a door glass panel to get back in has today learned there is an average lead time of 2 weeks to get replacement panel made... global supply shortage of everything. And that's from a local supply company. Indie glazier I spoke to as well said no chance of him getting materials for n weeks.

Buttocks. At least the outside temps are above freezing finally. Mutter, mutter, grumble....

Off to finish a raised bed in absent daughter's garden. Using those preshusss timber sleepers I cornered.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited June 2021
    MattFalle said:

ciao

misty. going to work. currently sitting in the car outside the house waiting for B&B as mornings ate a tad, errrr, stressful in our place so I get out of the way.

This morning was unusually, rather seamless.
    Muggins does hair and supervises brushing teeth.
    Mum runs around like a Blue fly wotsit.
    Bathrooms are a hazard - if you can get in.
    Because the weather is good, I make coffee and sit outside, Sparrows for company which generates a certain calm in me before the chaos ensues.
    Cat usually appears when we come back. Today, he's still on our bed snoring having crept in at 4am.
    Come Thursday/Friday, we'll have to drag them out of bed and try and get them to school on time somehow.

Weekly shop out of the way and will go for a carefree pedal. It'll make me or break me as I have a sore throat and i've run out of paraffin to gargle with.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    In the office today enjoying the peace 'n' quiet as Mondays & Fridays are usually a bit 'light' on people. Trying to do a bit of admin on house purchase stuff as well as work and mandatory online training courses about not clicking on dodgy links etc, so keeping busy. Must be lunchtime soon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Disorganised day. Was waiting on delivery of new turbo gadget, fiddled about doing odds and ends to fill in the time. It showed up finally mid afternoon. Had to nip out after that and collect some replacement wheels for the ute, and by the time we got back was too late to bother with new gadget...

And tomorrow will be another omnishambles playing taxi driver all day.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    2 x site meetings this morning followed by a rushed lunch and drive back to work.

Tea me thinks...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    'Ute' ?
  • orraloon
    pinno said:

'Ute' ?

U2. Or you too. Or utility vee-hickle aka bakkie.

Raised bed raised and looking good. All my preshusss timber sleepers used bar a single 15cm offcut. Happy with that given the crazy pricing currently.
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,696
    orraloon said:

This not so smart person who locked himself out and had to break a door glass panel to get back in has today learned there is an average lead time of 2 weeks to get replacement panel made... global supply shortage of everything. And that's from a local supply company. Indie glazier I spoke to as well said no chance of him getting materials for n weeks.

Buttocks. At least the outside temps are above freezing finally. Mutter, mutter, grumble....

I feel your pain/frustration loon. Get a spare key (brass/bronze) cut and hide it well away from the door and not under the plant pot please!

Montag! Haha missed that

Been faffing about trying to mend a puncture this morning (at home), waste of time and effort really, ended up popping a new tube in. Which I was going to do in the first place but decided to have a go at…
    Anyway needed to get some shopping so took the bike for a test ride – all done, having a coffee getting changed for a ride out and the heavens opened, good grief did it come down, bit o good luck there missing that lot haha just chillin now,
    cider n darts later
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

pinno said:

'Ute' ?

Raised bed raised and looking good. All my preshusss timber sleepers used bar a single 15cm offcut. Happy with that given the crazy pricing currently.
    I did this with sleepers and shifted some Peony's into it that often got wrecked with a bit of wind (plenty of that here), especially as the flower heads are heavy.
    2 weeks ago saw me sticking 12 or so Bamboo canes into it because of a windy weather warning. They survived.
    I think the Peony's are taking over quite nicely.

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

pinno said:

'Ute' ?

I did this with sleepers and shifted some Peony's into it that often got wrecked with a bit of wind (plenty of that here), especially as the flower heads are heavy.
    2 weeks ago saw me sticking 12 or so Bamboo canes into it because of a windy weather warning. They survived.

That's not a peony. This is a peony.

• hopkinb
    You're right about the heavy heads though, droopy buggers they are.
  • hopkinb
    The air conditioner in the office at the end of the garden has been replaced under warranty today after it went kaput in the winter - no problem in the winter - a cheap 'leccy radiator warms up the room, but now it's getting warm, Mrs H3 has been slightly cooked. I've just been down there for a quick stand in the cool.
  • orraloon
    Ooh, the peony wars have started. Bring 'em on.
  • hopkinb
    My neighbour just brought me a thank you gift for putting his bins out while he was away. I'm not sure if it's a coded message and should go round and punch his lights out. :D

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    hopkinb said:

My neighbour just brought me a thank you gift for putting his bins out while he was away. I'm not sure if it's a coded message and should go round and punch his lights out. :D

See what they taste like first.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    orraloon said:

That's how WW2 began in France.

Oh no, wait, that was the phoney war.

Carry on.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    elbowloh said:

orraloon said:

That's how WW2 began in France.

Oh no, wait, that was the phoney war.

Carry on.
    👍

I'm waiting for Pinno to respond with Operation Market Garden (a pic of his prize winning leeks), then I can respond with a picture of me in bibshorts captioned "battle of the bulge". Hours of WW2 related fun!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

orraloon said:

I feel your pain/frustration loon. Get a spare key (brass/bronze) cut and hide it well away from the door and not under the plant pot please!

Montag! Haha missed that

Been faffing about trying to mend a puncture this morning (at home), waste of time and effort really, ended up popping a new tube in. Which I was going to do in the first place but decided to have a go at…
    Anyway needed to get some shopping so took the bike for a test ride – all done, having a coffee getting changed for a ride out and the heavens opened, good grief did it come down, bit o good luck there missing that lot haha just chillin now,
    cider n darts later
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

orraloon said:

pinno said:

'Ute' ?

You two need to tie them up before they flop. How are Scottish peonies out before mine 😕
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

orraloon said:

Montag! Haha missed that

cider n darts later
    Ooh darts, currently teaching two 10 year olds a lesson in the garden. 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ballysmate
    seanoconn said:

orraloon said:

Montag! Haha missed that

cider n darts later
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

orraloon said:

pinno said:

'Ute' ?

You two need to tie them up before they flop. How are Scottish peonies out before mine 😕

Are you suggesting it's last year's photo? :o
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn said:

orraloon said:

Montag! Haha missed that

cider n darts later
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

orraloon said:

pinno said:

'Ute' ?

Mine are tied. Just incompetently.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

orraloon said:

Last time it happened to me I realised pretty quick so went back to the office because the cleaners would still be there, except they weren't they'd stayed about 5 minutes then sacked it off.
    Ended up riding home and finding a window I'd left open, one of those small ones at the top. Couldn't get through it so stood there unscrewing the frame and taking it out so I could get in.
    I won't fit through it now so need another plan.

Anyway ride ridden, had to go out somewhere for work and it was sunny and cycle path almost the whole way there so cycled :smiley:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    hopkinb said:

I thought you were from Coventry, not Dorset? :p
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    oxoman said:

Cheers for the picture hoppy, I work with a guy who's nickname is moorey and suffers from a skin condition. Needless to say the picture is doing the rounds amongst colleagues alongside much banter.

😆

Glad to be of service!
  • ballysmate
    Tonight I'm drinking Armagnac and listening to Elina Garanca. Interspersed with a bit of Deep Purple and Iron Maiden.

#eclectic