sunday er war ein punker und er lebte in der großen stadt

'ning

ride, cafes, laze, not looking baskable
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Ride in a few minutes, then up to a local country park with dog and kids, lunch, doing the work I should have done during the week. Fun times.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,609
    I wanted to be a punk rocker but my mammy wouldnae let me.

Slow start post muchas cervezas al sol yesterday, which was very enjoyable, especially as able to meet up with friends not seen in many months.

Get organised and get out for a pootle, sometime. Where has the sunshine gone?
  • johngti
    Ride rid. Porridge with honey and walnuts et. Coffee in my hand as I type. Other hand, not the typing hand.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Slow start due to duel dehydration impact of 6 hrs running and then 6 hrs drinking in the sun yesterday.

Today is a few jobs and then pub stuff
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Slowish start, female child still suffering so is up early by her standards. Need to get her to eat more, although everything still needs to be mushy. Soups and smoothies are the order of the day.
    Lad turns up later as he's finished his exams, did I mention he had a 24 hour maths paper the other day? That's nuts. Maths teachers must be a strange lot, isn't the right Mr GTi 😁
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    As in it lasted 24hours?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    pleasant cafe stroll, hint of rain but nothing serious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PjsE2sEkZg
    (caution: may contain mullets)
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    tlw1 said:

...impact of 6 hrs running...

Impressive (though a bit silly).
    tlw1 said:

...6 hrs drinking...

A bit silly (though impressive).

Yesterday I thought that it would be far better to go pedalling tomorrow 'cos I got caught in rain showers and wind but today doesn't seem much better.
    But now the sun is up and it's drying out and that means... grass cutting [insert rolling eyes icon].

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHSE7OjAQeU

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

All quiet on the MF front. Have to change some gear cables on the MiL's bike later and that's really it tbh.

Then prep for return to work tomoz.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

Ciao

All quiet on the MF front. Have to change some gear cables on the MiL's bike later and that's really it tbh.

It's very civil of us in the British military to have the weekends off.
    Those bloody Syrians and Isreali's and Indonesians just don't play cricket.
  • veronese68
    elbowloh said:

As in it lasted 24hours?

Kind of, online third year engineering exam, they had 24 hours from start to finish. Said it was made to be reall difficult and you couldn't just Google the answers as they knew people would try that of course. Lots of writing needed as everything had to be explained. Reckons he spent over 14 hours sat at his desk doing it, obviously had a kip and breaks throughout.
  • elbowloh
    What course is he doing? Certainly never did anything like that in my engineering degree.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • johngti

Morning folks,
    Slowish start, female child still suffering so is up early by her standards. Need to get her to eat more, although everything still needs to be mushy. Soups and smoothies are the order of the day.
    Lad turns up later as he's finished his exams, did I mention he had a 24 hour maths paper the other day? That's nuts. Maths teachers must be a strange lot, isn't the right Mr GTi 😁

Bang on Mr V. Although even I think that’s a bit extreme! Where does he go? I’m assuming uni not some post grad thing.
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

MattFalle said:

Ciao

It's very civil of us in the British military to have the weekends off.
    Those bloody Syrians and Isreali's and Indonesians just don't play cricket.
    Well of course dude - no one works 7 days a week unless you're on exercise, mobilised, certain courses or doing something weird.

8-4, cowboy time at 10, lunch at 12, afternoon naafi break..

Its just a job tbh where you get ill fitting badly made clothes for nothing.

Late start Mondays
    Half day Weds (green PT in the arvo, early finish)
    Half day Fridays
    Weekends off
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    My day peaked with my second jab. Downhill from here. Life in the fast line eh?

Stevo, your house looks fabulous. My missus would love to live in a house like that.

Let me know if you start taking in lodgers... I'll get her bags packed.
  • pinno
    Stumbled into a vintage tractor rally at the skate park.

This was the outstanding one:

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    pinno said:

Excitedly waited weeks for the event and drove to the tractor rally in the middle of nowhere that could not be confused with anything else or stumbled upon in a million years.

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Kid free day yesterday, Beach.

Family day trek up Boxhill today. No sign of falling elbows.
  • pinno
    edited June 2021
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Excitedly waited weeks for the event and drove to the tractor rally in the middle of nowhere that could not be confused with anything else or stumbled upon in a million years.

It was at the skate park. We often go to the skate park. We went last Sunday to the skate park. Check last Sunday's post where we went to the skate park.

Besides, I didn't expect a man of your wit and intelligence to appreciate the work that has gone into that tractor - even if you are like me and not in to vintage tractors.

https://forum.bikeradar.com/discussion/13116008/sunday-on-the-barque-of-millions-of-years#latest

https://www.glenlucetractors.com

https://skateparks.skateboardscotland.com/view/glenluce-skatepark/

• pinno
    So there.
  • MattFalle
    Just angle ground MiL's 'bars down

Why work hard when you can work smart?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

That's like having a Ferrari in Scotland. It's even the same colour.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Busy day despite no dog walking - starting all the admin crap re: house purchase and doing more sorting/dropping stuff off. Had a good lie in though as we were a bit knackered after yesterdays journey.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666

My day peaked with my second jab. Downhill from here. Life in the fast line eh?

Stevo, your house looks fabulous. My missus would love to live in a house like that.

Let me know if you start taking in lodgers... I'll get her bags packed.

Cheers Bally, how much will you pay me to have your missus lodge with us? :)
  • seanoconn
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

It was at the skate park. We often go to the skate park. We went last Sunday to the skate park. Check last Sunday's post where we went to the skate park.

Besides, I didn't expect a man of your wit and intelligence to appreciate the work that has gone into that tractor - even if you are like me and not in to vintage tractors.

https://forum.bikeradar.com/discussion/13116008/sunday-on-the-barque-of-millions-of-years#latest

I’m not sure whether I’ve been insulted or complimented 🤔

I’ll take it 😃 Cheers pinno.

I spend my summers in the Polish countryside, I’ll take some pics of the vintage tractors on display for you on my next visit.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,609
    Today I passed my full f-wit qualification.

Got back home, go inside, drop off the bits, decide to pop back outside, pick up keys, swing door shut. Wrong keys. Vehicle keys do not operate house locks nor vice versa. Daughter has a spare set, lives 8 minute walk away. Except she is away from home until Wednesday. No phone, is inside the house.

Xxxx it. Put in rear door window pane. Call out glazier in the morning. Doh.

I have now, post lesson learned, sorted out an external key safe.
  • veronese68
    elbowloh said:

What course is he doing? Certainly never did anything like that in my engineering degree.

Mech eng at Brum. Not normal by any stretch, I think they are just trying to find ways of coping with it all being online.
    Got the Mini out the garage, put some fresh petrol in the carb and it fired up immediately. Well pleased with that.
    Well done 'loon. Thankfully haven't done that myself yet.
    Nice tractor Piña, is that the one with a TR3 engine in it? Photo gets too blurry so I can't tell.
  • pinno
    edited June 2021
    orraloon said:

Today I passed my full f-wit qualification.

Got back home, go inside, drop off the bits, decide to pop back outside, pick up keys, swing door shut. Wrong keys. Vehicle keys do not operate house locks nor vice versa. Daughter has a spare set, lives 8 minute walk away. Except she is away from home until Wednesday. No phone, is inside the house.

Xxxx it. Put in rear door window pane. Call out glazier in the morning. Doh.

I have now, post lesson learned, sorted out an external key safe.

Good idea - unless you forget the number.

I reversed the van out of the garage, switched off, closed van door, closed garage door, couldn't open the drivers door.
    Had to pane in the window but... Mk6 transit bits are cheap and it cost me £35.
    Note to self: Vacuum reservoir empty if sat for a while.
  • pinno
    edited June 2021
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

seanoconn said:

pinno said:

I’m not sure whether I’ve been insulted or complimented 🤔

I’ll take it 😃 Cheers pinno.

I spend my summers in the Polish countryside, I’ll take some pics of the vintage tractors on display for you on my next visit.
    Ooo thank you.

I thought they still used horses
  • elbowloh
    seanoconn said:

Kid free day yesterday, Beach.

Family day trek up Boxhill today. No sign of falling elbows.

We were up Boxhill this afternoon actually. If you saw a blue pop-up sun shelter near the lookout, that was us.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk