friday setting up violent structure

'ning

bit cooler, much cloudier

ride, cafes, webex or two, call it a day, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Rest day so longer walk for hounds then work stuff.

Later is the first social bbq of the year 😎
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cooler start here, Tigger walked and fed, taking jane to the garden centre this morning, so hopefully cycling later,
    Have a good day
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551

Morning, cooler start here, Tigger walked and fed, taking jane to the garden centre this morning, so hopefully cycling later,
    Have a good day

Are you Tarzan in a loincloth??

Chilly day, more bike parts sorting in shed, posted off a bunch of things sold at lunch, then not much else. Turbo ride and now warming up by fire 🔥 before dinner.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Good morning all. Run out of coffee..... had to make do with tea.
    Back to the office this morning but first awaiting my wife's birthday present to arrive from shark.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

overcast bit sun threatening to break out.

not a lot happening tbh.....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwHWbsvgQUE

Wot noo? as they say locally.

I thought Seano was bonking shirking this week.
    Where's that Hoppy bloke?
    I guess Stevo's pretending to work.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning

WFG
    Trying to keep neighbour's cat out of trouble but sounds like he's already picked a fight with the crows and lost.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    "taking Jane to the garden centre this weekend" is clearly a euphemism.

For what, i don't know.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh

Back to the office this morning but first awaiting my wife's birthday present to arrive from shark.

a severed limb?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited June 2021
    thistle_ said:

'ning

WFG
    Trying to keep neighbour's cat out of trouble but sounds like he's already picked a fight with the crows and lost.

Upon the demise of my mother's cat, I was offered a Tabby kitten who was hand reared (mum got hit by a car and survived but stopped producing milk).
    A bit of a daft kitten and in true "Dougal - these cows are small and those cows are far away..." style, at about 10 weeks old saw a crow at the top of the large Sycamore tree at the top of the garden.
    She decided to go and catch herself this crow and climbed up the tree. But, the crow jumped down slowly, branch by branch towards her and another crow turned up and another and another.
    I thought I had better intervene as her body language, even at a distance was of one frightened kitten.
    So I had to shout a bit to shoo the crows away and then get the large ladder and rescue her.
    From that point on and for the rest of her life, she would mew a deep dark mew at any large (especially black) bird from the safety of the windowsill.
    Imprinting I guess.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    3 'Teams' calls in already and 3 more this afternoon. Need to fit in a trip to the tip and charity shop at some point as well so hope this rain naffs off. Then tomorrow is drive time as I'm retrieving Junior from Liverpool with a car load of possessions.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

thistle_ said:

'ning

WFG

Upon the demise of my mother's cat, I was offered a Tabby kitten who was hand reared (mum got hit by a car and survived but stopped producing milk).
    A bit of a daft kitten and in true "Dougal - these cows are small and those cows are far away..." style, at about 10 weeks old saw a crow at the top of the large Sycamore tree at the top of the garden.
    She decided to go and catch herself this crow and climbed up the tree. But, the crow jumped down slowly, branch by branch towards her and another crow turned up and another and another.
    I thought I had better intervene as her body language, even at a distance was of one frightened kitten.
    So I had to shout a bit to shoo the crows away and then get the large ladder and rescue her.
    From that point on and for the rest of her life, she would mew a deep dark mew at any large (especially black) bird from the safety of the windowsill.
    Imprinting I guess.
    This one's just tried to jump over the fence and climb up the neighbour's shed on the other side. Obviously it failed and sheepishly went the usual way.
  • MattFalle
    elbowloh said:

"taking Jane to the garden centre this weekend" is clearly a euphemism.

For what, i don't know.

well, nobody likes an untidy bush.
  • MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

thistle_ said:

'ning

WFG

Imprinting I guess.
    This one's just tried to jump over the fence and climb up the neighbour's shed on the other side. Obviously it failed and sheepishly went the usual way.
    you need a 50 cal my man. Perfect for neutralising all kinds of domestic vermin.
  • Stevo_666
    edited June 2021
    Yay, we just got a deal agreed on the house we want to buy. The sellers aren't in a chain as they have a place they can move to, and our buyers are cash buyers so thunderbirds are go B) That's improved a soggy Friday for me.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • elbowloh
    WFH. Already had 4 Teams meetings this morning (in one right now). 3 were planned, plus one on-the-fly urgent request to jump into another meeting whilst i was already in another...resulting in me joining a new improvement project and the subsequent actions that go with it!

Developed a cough yesterday so need to go and have COVID test.

Had a lateral flow test negative at home this morning, but having a proper drive-in test in about 45 mins.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

Yay, we just got a deal agreed on the house we want to buy. The sellers aren't in a chain as they have a place they can move to, and our buyers are cash buyers so thunderbirds are go B) That's improved a soggy Friday for me.

Is it in a retirement complex? 😂
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    elbowloh said:

a severed limb?
    Happy birthday wifey. It was either this or a necklace. Hope she likes it.

• MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

GET IN! Many congrats!

Piccies?
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Stevo_666 said:

Great stuff! Sounds like you’re on to a winner there!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Apologies for the rain, I can only guess this is because we are no longer isolating. WFH so don't have to go out at least. Fending off the sh!t that keeps flying around as best I can.
    Good news Stevo, hopefully there won't be any complications. Let us know when the housewarming is.
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Is it in a retirement complex? 😂
    Well I may end up retiring there :p
  • Stevo_666

Afternoon folks,
    Apologies for the rain, I can only guess this is because we are no longer isolating. WFH so don't have to go out at least. Fending off the sh!t that keeps flying around as best I can.
    Good news Stevo, hopefully there won't be any complications. Let us know when the housewarming is.

Let's see when we can get in there. The sellers have 3 kids including one with cerebral palsy so they may need a bit of time and we'll cut them some slack for that.
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

Yep, it has seemed to fall into place quite nicely - so far. Don't want to jinx things...
  • Stevo_666
    edited June 2021
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

GET IN! Many congrats!

Piccies?
    Cheers - here's a little taster for the MF's. No shots of the loft for you sadly.

The clincher for me was the uplift facility you can see on the right of the first pic :p
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Stevo_666 said:

johngti said:

Stevo_666 said:

Yep, it has seemed to fall into place quite nicely - so far. Don't want to jinx things...
    You just did. :#
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_
    edited June 2021
    Stevo_666 said:

The clincher for me was the uplift facility you can see on the right of the first pic :p

Looks like it would make a good pillbox for getting rid of the riff raf.

• Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

Looks like it would make a good pillbox for getting rid of the riff raf.

Good point, may need a machine gun in case Pinno comes calling. Realistically I'll probably end up storing the commuter bike in there to save a bit of time on a morning.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Wowsers. Very nice Stevo 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    Looks great Stevo