thursday the world of forms is destined to vanish away

'ning

ride to blow away cobwebs, cafes, wfh/bask, mostly bask
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, sun just coming through the clouds, dog walked and fed, riding early again , catching a few rays later
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Late start as a late night last night when post run & pub some friends invited us round for dinner, should have just come home

Today is work stuff and trying to work out the training software my newly appointed coach uses.

Later is a run and try to avoid ale
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    warm morning ride, temperature dipped to nineteen at the summit of col d'hampstead, otherwise twenty all the way

forecast looking good for a pre-hols bask later
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143
    'ning
    Tired
    Hot and humid
    WFH
    Gym
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Day off as it's the wife's birthday.

She's not feeling well enough to go anywhere, so we're spending the day in the garden mostly after a phone appointment with the neurologist this morning.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Morning all. WFH, but lacking focus.

Will ride at some point. Dinner out[side] this evening.

Hope everything goes well, @elbowloh
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    Meh, cloudy and cool.

Strut bits for old porker at welders. That could be a wait.
    ECU in Wirral. That might not come back.
    Double glazing for conservatory with Window bloke. I might see him this year sometime maybe.
    Instructions for stuff with solicitors. That'll be elongated, expensive and time consuming.

#protraction

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    Walked dog, then a day of clearing out the bike parts drawers/shelves/boxes to sell.

@Matthewfalle found this you could use…

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    Usual round of business at work. Went back to see the house we are after and confirmed our offer - now waiting for a reply soon. Also went down the bank with Strifey to sort out her finances to help reduce the expected wallet beating.

Now trying to work when it's too damn hot for a change.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180

Walked dog, then a day of clearing out the bike parts drawers/shelves/boxes to sell.

Ultegra?
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    ciao

sun shining, reading ma book on the top terrace chillin'

just sorted a friend's back brake on her Pro Carbon - had forgotten how nice the light blue p/x used was especially on the Guru bikes.

next is to repair the light fitting that the previous owner's of Crib M bodged on to the front of the house...
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • darkhairedlord
    MattFalle said:

ciao

just sorted a friend's back brake on her Pro Carbon - had forgotten how nice the light blue p/x used was especially on the Guru bikes.

next is to repair the light fitting that the previous owner's of Crib M bodged on to the front of the house...

Why repair when you can remove. Or hide?
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    We managed to get out this afternoon and went to the Pilots Hub cafe at Redhill Aerodrome, was really quite good!

Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297

MattFalle said:

ciao

Or smash with a fire, lob with hammer and burn into nextdoor's garden?
    Evening folks,
    Busy day in the orifice, wobbled in before bailing early to collect female child from hospital. She's not feeling great, hardly surprising really.
  • darkhairedlord

MattFalle said:

ciao

Or smash with a fire, lob with hammer and burn into nextdoor's garden?
    Evening folks,
    Busy day in the orifice, wobbled in before bailing early to collect female child from hospital. She's not feeling great, hardly surprising really.
    Ultegra lh crank arm makes a reasonable hammer if it just needs removal. Rh arm can be used as a saw.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    RH cranks make great tattoo's.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle

MattFalle said:

ciao

because this one stops people falling down the stairs leading to the stables and staff accomodation.

• Wheelspinner

Ultegra?
    Pffft. Even my turbo trainer bike runs Dura Ace. But back when I had proper roadies, they all ran Campag.

This stem’s been in the drawer for years thinking one day I’d buy an original magnesium frame Dogma, but even if I did I couldn’t reach this far or low any more… 😀
  • tlw1

Ultegra?
    Pffft. Even my turbo trainer bike runs Dura Ace. But back when I had proper roadies, they all ran Campag.

This stem’s been in the drawer for years thinking one day I’d buy an original magnesium frame Dogma, but even if I did I couldn’t reach this far or low any more… 😀
    You post on here, could you go any lower?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 said:

Late start as a late night last night when post run & pub some friends invited us round for dinner, should have just come home

Today is work stuff and trying to work out the training software my newly appointed coach uses.

Later is a run and try to avoid ale

I did a run but failed on the ale, had fun though
  • Wheelspinner
    tlw1 said:

Ultegra?

Many times on here I’ve been tempted to seriously (metaphorically) lower the tone of discussion, so… yes

But a 130mm and 17deg drop stem is still out of reach. 😀

• tlw1

tlw1 said:

Ultegra?

Many times on here I’ve been tempted to seriously (metaphorically) lower the tone of discussion, so… yes

Don’t hold back, no one else does
  • MattFalle

tlw1 said:

Ultegra?

nah - thats a proper stem. imagine that on a slammed funkster.

But far too long for even the Mighty MF but thank you very much for thinking of me.