my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Walk hounds, work stuff and then a hilly run with a pal
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, it looks
    Ike wall to wall sunshine again, early ride, lawns require cutting, catch a few rays , in that order
    Have a good day
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

raining.

coffee, bambini, sort some work stuff out, try and get weights session in.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Morning chaps! (Autocorrect changed that to “chaos”)

Second night in a row with barely any sleep - hopefully back on track tonight.

Does anyone have a copy of Overlander by Rupert Guinness? I can’t find a copy for less than £28 and that’s not on Amazon.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Warming up nicely.

Sat and watched a Sparrow mount his partner 9 times in roughly 55 seconds and I thought: 'Christ, that's better than Seano'.

Had to get emergency milk before school 'cos Mrs P had a bit of a wobbly when the milk for her coffee curdled.
    No coffee = 1 unhappy bunny and if I didn't, it would be all my fault.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Ben6899 said:

Does anyone have a copy of Overlander by Rupert Guinness? I can’t find a copy for less than £28 and that’s not on Amazon.

£25 odd on flea bay.
  • MattFalle
    edited June 2021
    if you have a kindle or can borrow one its £7.99

• Ben6899
    pinno said:

Ben6899 said:

£25 odd on flea bay.

Got a link, mate? I could only see one that would come from Australia (or not, as the case may be at the moment).
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • pinno
    Ben6899 said:

pinno said:

Ben6899 said:

£25 odd on flea bay.

Got a link, mate? I could only see one that would come from Australia (or not, as the case may be at the moment).
    Wheelspinner can buy it for you and post it for a tenner :)
  • Ben6899
    That's actually a good idea! Works with stuff in Germany. :smile:
    Ben

• pinno
    On an adventure tack:

I saw this and thought of TLW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRFxH0tzGk8

Given that even the great D MacAskill suffered altitude sickness, respect to TLW.

• Ben6899
    pinno said:

On an adventure tack:

Given that even the great D MacAskill suffered altitude sickness, respect to TLW.

This is what it's all about!
    Ben

• darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180

• MattFalle
    Weymouth bridging hard?
  • darkhairedlord

• tlw1
    pinno said:

On an adventure tack:

That covers our trip perfectly, though they don’t seem to have cooked brakes nor have to wait for the guide to catch up.

The lower slopes aren’t as much fun though I still crashed on them.

It was the most fun I’ve ever had on a bike, also the most expensive lads holiday I’ve had
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Apologies for the lack of mundane updates from The North but it went something like this:
    Wine, sleep, ride, run, beer, wine, sleep, ride, open water swim, quick pub, sleep, ride, post this update on BR.
    Run later tonight followed by sleep.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252

That looks like it needs a hovercraft
  • tlw1

Apologies for the lack of mundane updates from The North but it went something like this:
    Wine, sleep, ride, run, beer, wine, sleep, ride, open water swim, quick pub, sleep, ride, post this update on BR.

What about wine?
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    MattFalle said:

Weymouth bridging hard?

Or chain ferry between Sandbanks and Studland across Poole Habour?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • homers_double
    tlw1 said:

What about wine?
    I don't think I have the energy to operate a cork screw.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    WFW today - nice warmish pedal in and should be quite toasty on the way home. More people starting to come back into work as well which is good for a bit of chat.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252

Apologies for the lack of mundane updates from The North ...

But we were all so worried about you. Presumably this means you are no longer riddled with the plague and can mingle with society at large. Did it get worse and how's the training in terms of where you thought you'd be?
  • pinno

But we were all so worried about you.
    yeah - he could have drowned in the sex tub for all we knew.

#aquaticmuffdivingclub

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Nice winter day. Morning in the shed with bike stuff, then an actual ride out this afternoon, first in three months. Just a local bimble, but nice to be out and about.

Should get back to my assigned jobs list tomorrow I suppose.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • homers_double
    edited June 2021

But we were all so worried about you. Presumably this means you are no longer riddled with the plague and can mingle with society at large. Did it get worse and how's the training in terms of where you thought you'd be?
    Thanks <3 Yes I'm free to mingle after my ten days off.

So my first PCR positive test was the 22nd of May following a lot of sneezing.
    From then on apart from a sniffle I've been fine.
    In the meantime both MrsHD and I kindly agreed to help out by signing up to the NHS Enhanced Covid Surveillance trial meaning we sent of an initial home drawn blood sample via a Tasso device followed by a couple of swabs.
    I sent one in on the 28th which was returned as a negative result meaning I'd kicked the fu*kers ar*e in 7 days depending on how you count it.

Overall we both felt fine with just one day where we both felt we needed a lie-in until about 9.

I'm glad I've had my first jab as my mate (also had jab #1) who lives over the road was really bad to a point where an ambulance was called but he wasn't deemed ill enough to admit to hospital. I put it down to being a superior specimen and proof that doing some exercise is good for you.

Training wise I sat on Zwift once, to be fair I could have done more but decided to sort the garden and a load of jobs out while I had the time.

Swimming is fine in the pool, not so fine in open water as I need to work on that over the next few weeks.
    Cycling, fine. No ill effects.
    Running needs work especially after 100km in the saddle as it really takes it out of the legs.

I'm definitely a few weeks behind but having been set back by the bug I'll be happy to finish the swim in the allotted time and complete the others in a reasonable manner.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • darkhairedlord

Thanks
    So was this a blighty variant or one of those forrin ones.
  • homers_double
    They haven't said but we suspect it's the Indian one. My mate (over the road) is probably where we picked it up from and his works is in Leigh, near Bolton which has seen a rise in that strain. They've had 6 cases there...

As part of the enhanced thingy a nurse will visit us at home on day 28 and take proper blood samples, whether we find out from that what we've had I'm not sure.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • MattFalle

tlw1 said:

What about wine?
    I don't think I have the energy to operate a cork screw.
    just use a sword
  • MattFalle
    Ben6899 said:

Anyway, you don't want that overmarketed, trendy, ooooh look at me on my gravel bike rubbish.

This is what you want - the true story behind Lance Armstrong.

This is my personal copy, unsigned by both Lance and the author and free from the shelves of a free book stand in a garden centre so I shall keep it forever more as PROOF OF THE TRUTH

FACT