monday navigating the solar empire

'ning

less nippy start

ride, cafes, bask, it's a plan
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cooler in that easterly wind, dog walked, a good plan Sungod I will probably follow suit
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning
    Dull and misty here. About to head out riding once breakfast is snaffled.
    Going west, where hopefully the skies are blue and I can find somewhere peaceful there in the open air etc.
  • thistle_
    Well, change of plan.
    Just went to the car and some scum has tried to break into it overnight, mangling the door.
    Waiting for po po to ring back about whether they're going to come out or not but looks like today's written off :disappointed:
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    thistle_ said:

Well, change of plan.
    Just went to the car and some scum has tried to break into it overnight, mangling the door.
    Waiting for po po to ring back about whether they're going to come out or not but looks like today's written off :disappointed:

aaarrgghh! phuckers on both counts. hope damage is limited and all good asap.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    sun shining, drinking coffee, eating Thai noodles, reading Lance Armstrong biography (John Wilkinson, Lance Armstrong, the "world's greatest champion")

it don't get much beeter than this this early on a Monday.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Shoot luck thistle 😢

Rest day so walk with hounds is being followed by sipping tea in the sun.

Need to pack up and head to the lake soon as meeting another family, so should be fun
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Hola

Not got up yet but about to. Job 1 - remove doors from summerhouse (hopefully for the last time) so that Mrs GTi can finish painting them.

Job 2 - mark a set of exam papers.

Job 3 - not really a job. Fell out of the habit of doing much moving around over the last month. Done two bike rides in 4 days, not died, new sufferfest training plan starts today.

Job 4 - replace the Perspex windows in the summerhouse with toughened glass and re-hang the doors (hopefully for the last time etc)
  • thistle_
    MattFalle said:

thistle_ said:

Well, change of plan.

aaarrgghh! phuckers on both counts. hope damage is limited and all good asap.
    To be fair they're on their way. Apparently I wasn't the only one.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Cut grass. Fix leak under sink. Water veg. Appease moaning cat (with his fur coat).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Where tf is everybody?
    @seanoconn
    @Stevo_666
    @veronese68
    @nevman ............... Uh?!

I though it was a bank holiday in Engerland.
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

Where tf is everybody?
    @seanoconn
    @Stevo_666
    @veronese68

Out stealing bikes I guess.
    Will pass their details on as suspects :wink:
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,696
    thistle_ said:

Well, change of plan.

Barstewards! :s Just what you need to wake up to. Hopefully the cars still usable and you'll be able to get out later on

Early chores have been completed. Plan to have a egg with a bit of toast and a cuppa now. Then, seeing as its dry I'm thinking of trying a bit of trail riding for a change :) slow and easy that is
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    pinno said:

Where tf is everybody?
    @seanoconn
    @Stevo_666
    @veronese68

10:32am on a bank holiday? Where do you think I was?
  • pinno

pinno said:

Where tf is everybody?
    @seanoconn
    @Stevo_666
    @veronese68

If you were not at the pub, i'll want a full explanation
    thistle_ said:

Well, change of plan.

I missed this 'cos I thought there was going to be the usual blab and didn't bother reading posts properly.
    Problem is, given insurance excess, compromised no claims discount, you end up forking out for the repair yourself.

• veronese68
    pinno said:

pinno said:

Where tf is everybody?
    @seanoconn
    @Stevo_666
    @veronese68

Shows how little you read of other people's posts, does the phrase "traditional slow start" not ring any bells 🙄
    Having said that I was up fairly early for me on a bank holiday, about 9:30 😁
    Prep'd the front door for varnishing, dropped female child at the hospital for a swab test then back to varnish the door. Now have to isolate until Thursday so just chilling in the back garden. Nice and peaceful as neighbours have gone away, loudest noise is sparrows wiping their beaks on the fence. Might clean the barbecue. Experimented with splitting bamboo and gluing it back together yesterday. Seems to have held up ok and means I can make thinner chain stays to maximise tyre clearance.
    That's bloody annoying about the cat Thistle, at least they didn't get in. Was there anything in it or just chancers? Sounds like amateurs if they didn't get in.
  • pinno

pinno said:

pinno said:

Where tf is everybody?
    @seanoconn
    @Stevo_666
    @veronese68

Shows how little you read of other people's posts, does the phrase "traditional slow start" not ring any bells 🙄
    That was @ 12.24.

• veronese68
    pinno said:

pinno said:

pinno said:

Where tf is everybody?
    @seanoconn
    @Stevo_666
    @veronese68

That was @ 12.24.

Yes, I'd done all the jobs by then but was too exhausted to write any more until I'd had some sustenance. Female child stressing about things so I have to behave, if I go out to the garage neighbours will inevitably pop over for a chat which she says breaks the rules for isolating. She's not comfortable with me going for a walk either. Beautiful day and I'm stuck indoors. How do people cope with 2 weeks of quarantine? Even in the first lockdown I'd get out every day for a walk or something.
    Shes having her wisdom teeth out on Thursday so it's not too long I suppose.
  • veronese68
    Ouch! I've got a splinter and I'm not allowed to interact with the garage MF to ask for a Hello Kitty plaster. I hadn't realised how traumatic this isolation malarkey could be.
    Tried for sympathy from the EPO but she told me to buggeroff.
  • MattFalle
    Ahhh - you may joke about Hello Kitty plasters but I ended up partially phucking my knee 'boarding yesterday and Bambina kindly helped repair me..........

• MattFalle
    May the power of Peppa flow into the mashed MCL
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Decent size scar there, MF
  • veronese68
    That's a tidy repair job she's done there
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321
    MattFalle said:

Ahhh - you may joke about Hello Kitty plasters but I ended up partially phucking my knee 'boarding yesterday and Bambina kindly helped repair me..........

Frankenstein did a great job on your knee 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,321

pinno said:

Where tf is everybody?
    @seanoconn
    @Stevo_666
    @veronese68

Soz. Went to a county fair type thing. Shouting at sweaty wrestlers, smashing plates with wooden balls, pretending not too look at the sexy acrobats et al. Drinking pimms, eating Sh!t. Pocket considerably lighter than when I went in.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    johngti said:

Decent size scar there, MF

thank you! I have a matching one on the other side. I think the technical term when it comes to my knees is "jeffed"
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Slapped the spf50 kids suncream on my pasty skin and went for 55 miles round trip to Twycross zoo. Not for any reason, just that it's a point on the map.
    Lots of bare female flesh on display in Lichfield as I passed through, don't know what was on.
    Must be getting old as I didn't stop to have a proper perv.
    Mind you, I don't suppose there is any way to disguise your appreciation for the female form when you are wearing lycra shorts, so perhaps just as well I kept going.
  • MattFalle

That's a tidy repair job she's done there

She's a surgeon in the making i reckon
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

Frankenstein did a great job on your knee 👍
    its where he removed all the weakness from my body
  • MattFalle
    edited May 2021
    Anyway, post count raised, knee strapped up, beer put in fridge, back out 'boarding with bambina.

as Peppa would say, push push glide..
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    Ridgeway rided. Lots of bikepackers en route, is part of the King Alfred's Way 300km round trip on the off road. But surprisingly few walkists, dogists, carpark+100m-ists around. Nice and warm, like. Only downside is my planned stop at a village shop / cafe for a mega icecream was thwarted, shop was closed. On a sunny bank holiday with people about... 🤔

Stopped at pub in last village before home instead for a quick pint. Nope, slow pint, took about 25 mins to get table serviced. Still, tasty and fresh.

Barbie beckons. And more beer.