Lyme Regis Routes?

Off to Lyme Regis next week.
Anyone willing to share 2 or 3 loops on Strava I could do or some local suggestions.
Looking for options between 25 to 50 miles.
Thanks.

Comments

• Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,917
    Pack your climbing bike! Lots of ups and downs.
  • pmannion9
    pmannion9 Posts: 280

Pack your climbing bike! Lots of ups and downs.

Yeah i can see that !!!
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,917
    And don't get too close to the cliff edges, either at the top, or the bottom!
    I'm afraid I don't know the roads well enough on the Dorset / Devon border to suggest any routes for you though, but the scenery will be nice if the weather plays ball!
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    Grew up around there but started riding after I moved away. There's a bit of useless of info you can do nothing with, you're welcome.

To be honest most of the roads around there will be fine for riding. There's normally only one or two routes in to towns like Lyme, so you'll be able to judge which will be the busier roads just from looking at a map.

Just avoid the A35, and maybe take some lights for wooded sections so you're more visible to distracted tourists in their Nissan Qashqais and you'll probably be fine.
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    Do you use Strava?, if so check out the routes feature on the app. You can put in any location, distance and surface and it’ll put together a choice of routes for you. I think what it does is knit together popular local segments into a route. I’ve used it a few times and found it very good.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • pmannion9
    Cheers for that - Wasn't aware of that feature on the app
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,208
    Not ridden much down there, but if you can ride along the coast to Seaton, I did this out and back a while ago and really enjoyed it. There's not an inch of flat on it, and the climbs out of Sidmouth are great fun.

https://www.strava.com/activities/688599305
  • nibnob21
    Shame Seaton's a bit of a sh1t hole.
  • nibnob21

Do you use Strava?, if so check out the routes feature on the app. You can put in any location, distance and surface and it’ll put together a choice of routes for you. I think what it does is knit together popular local segments into a route. I’ve used it a few times and found it very good.

The Garmin app also has a similar feature which I've used in the past. You can set a starting direction with that too. Wonder what happens if you start in Lyme and tell it to go south.
  • pmannion9
    Just back ...Cheers for the Strava tip - Didn't know you could do that on the app.
    Yes it was hilly - but manageable
    Some roads very busy with traffic
    Warren of lovely lanes but can be very narrow . Dangerous if oncoming traffic or tractors !!! Imagine locals could have some great routes...
    Nice to ride somewhere different...