my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dry at the moment, dog walked , cycling early, gardening, giro etc
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Short on time today and it’s been a good few days since small hound has been limping so they are running this morning.

Some point today is drop the van of at a local garage for a once over so might be able to sneak another run in when collecting
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

wet, cold, meh.

sitting on the couch before having coffee and work.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    'ning
    Was sunny, now dull and cloudy. Doesn't look like I'll be WFGarden this morning.
    Went out for a run, felt terrible. The llamas in the park had been replaced with sheep.
    Gym later if I don't fall asleep and miss my slot like yesterday.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    nippy start, but dry

seems to be getting darker, this is the wrong way around

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    Just accepted an offer on our house. Their third offer sealed it for us and they're chain free so good news. Better get our skates on and find somewhere to buy...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

Just accepted an offer on our house. Their third offer sealed it for us and they're chain free so good news. Better get our skates on and find somewhere to buy...

Back to the north east? 😂
  • MattFalle
    Stevo_666 said:

many congrats! new crib with a wing for the MFs we trust?
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    sungod said:

nippy start, but dry

seems to be getting darker, this is the wrong way around

It got darker earlier here and started pis Raining heavily

• Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

I don't fancy the maintenance on a mansion up there :) We're looking around the North Downs and that sort of area.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    MattFalle said:

Stevo_666 said:

many congrats! new crib with a wing for the MFs we trust?
    Ta MF. We"ll work on getting one with an MF annexe. I think my wallet is going to get a beating...
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

I don't fancy the maintenance on a mansion up there :) We're looking around the North Downs and that sort of area.
    Will keep that in mind if I ever decide to run it 😂
  • tlw1
    HD is alive and well 😎
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks,
    Another day of wfh, the commmute down the stairs passed without incident. I was a little concerned as today is the anniversary of breaking my wrist. Chased up the solicitors to celebrate, they are waiting on medical records from the hospital. House warming at 666 Towers soon then. We'll all have been fully jabbed by then I suspect. Glad HD doesn't need a hashtag starting then, was beginning to worry. Out for a ruby tonight to celebrate all the birthdays over the last year that couldn't be celebrated with a ruby. The EPO thinks I should sleep in the lad's room tonight for some reason.
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

You can buy mine, £100k to you, special price. One careful owner (not sure about the others). Comes with complimentary antisocial black cat.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    edited May 2021
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

You'll never commute by bike from there. It's just an excuse to drive ze panzer on a daily basis.

#fatstevo

Nippy. Sun is coming and going. Will pedal.

Had to shift a bull from the garden early. The fcuker left holes everywhere.
    Farmer boy dutch bloke got upset previously when the tractor that came to do my hedges left ruts in the soft ground (I sorted them, took a while - with use of a heavy friend).
    I now have bargaining chip.

Phone call from company "Empty IBC's haven't been lifted".
    Me: "They do it whenever they come in else I have to pay transport" [i've repeated this ad nauseum].

Phone call to transport company:
    "Hello mate, this is just a call to say that I called you to moan at you for not lifting the IBC's, which you know doesn't bother me - take your time [chat about the general state of the world chucked in]"

Phone call back to company bloke:
    "I called them and said that this was totally unacceptable and in the future I expect better service and better communication."

Company bloke happy.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    Pot Noodle time.

Been offered more stuff with armed Po Po so yup, count me in.

Back to Pot Noodle.
  • pinno
    Po = police?
    MP?
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Will keep that in mind if I ever decide to run it 😂
    The address will be a closely guarded secret :p
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    MattFalle said:

Pot Noodle time.

Back to Pot Noodle.

pinno said:

Po = police?
    MP?

Jack Reacher?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    edited May 2021
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

You'll never commute by bike from there. It's just an excuse to drive ze panzer on a daily basis.

#fatstevo

Bollox, rumbled :smiley:

Actually I will ride in once or twice a week, its just over 20 miles each way...as long as we stay on the right side of the North Downs ridge, which is a bastard climb.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Po = Parking officers?

Anyway grey in Heckshire no rain by way of a change the curse of the Geese has been lifted if only for a short time.
    Plinking yesterday went well, no one died I managed to get decent groupings. Turns out the range is easily riding distance but I doubt if I bought an air rifle it would be sensible to pedal down there with a rifle bag, shifty looks etc.

Anyway doing some freelance stuff today much faffing with a camera and typing today.

Question is MF what flavour pot noddle is it...
  • MattFalle
    pinno said:

Po = police?
    MP?

Yup

Local firearms team

MF - coming to a door near you soon....
  • MattFalle
    seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

Pot Noodle time.

Back to Pot Noodle.

pinno said:

Po = police?
    MP?

Jack Reacher?
    that would be cool - I could screech up in the Anaconda and roll over the bonnet before twisting my bad knee and limping off pretending it doesn't hurt.
  • MattFalle
    step83 said:

Po = Parking officers?

Anyway grey in Heckshire no rain by way of a change the curse of the Geese has been lifted if only for a short time.
    Plinking yesterday went well, no one died I managed to get decent groupings. Turns out the range is easily riding distance but I doubt if I bought an air rifle it would be sensible to pedal down there with a rifle bag, shifty looks etc.

Anyway doing some freelance stuff today much faffing with a camera and typing today.

Question is MF what flavour pot noddle is it...

Beef and tomato - not the classic curry, but it was free and is hitting the spot.
  • thistle_
    MattFalle said:

pinno said:

Po = police?
    MP?

Yup

Local firearms team
    Thought it was one of the tellytubbies. An armed tellytubby turning up at your door would be interesting.

• MattFalle
    thistle_ said:

MattFalle said:

pinno said:

Po = police?
    MP?

Yup

Local firearms team
    Thought it was one of the tellytubbies. An armed tellytubby turning up at your door would be interesting.

that would be mega - especially the purple one shoving a 9 mill in ya crotch.
  • pinno
    step83 said:

I doubt if I bought an air rifle it would be sensible to pedal down there with a rifle bag, shifty looks etc.

At least no one would mess with you.
    Although, being stopped by the police every 500 yds might be a PITA.

• pinno
    edited May 2021
    MattFalle said:

seanoconn said:

MattFalle said:

Pot Noodle time.

Back to Pot Noodle.

pinno said:

Po = police?
    MP?

Jack Reacher?
    that would be cool - I could screech up in the Anaconda and roll over the bonnet before twisting my bad knee and limping off pretending it doesn't hurt.
    A la The Professionals or Starsky and Hutch? Not Reacher. not retro, not cool.
  • pinno
    ...and you need trackie bottoms with a stripe down the side of them or a cardigan or a beige turtle neck, oh and side burns. Gotta have the sideburns.