A decent white t shirt please

RonB
RonB Posts: 3,984
edited January 2012 in The bottom bracket
Hi stylish roady types...

I seem to be stuck with paying silly money for these at the moment, with Gant tees at around the £35/40 mark. In the past there used to be some middle ground with Gap and M&S, but lately they seem to be just as poor quality as the supercheap supermarket ones.

I have always thought along the lines that the prices at the top end were compensated by longevity, better material etc (bit like debates about Assos & Rapha etc in terms of cycling gear) in that they didn't go and lose all their shape after a couple of washes.

Are there exclusions to this rule out there?

Comments

• Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    If you have a Costco near you, their Kirkland Signature T's are the best I've found. Used them for years.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    Joe Browns online, superb quality.
  • priory
    priory Posts: 743
    http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/Pro ... 74480777-2

you'll want to stain the front with Jamaican blue mountain coffee before wearing it , of course.
    Raleigh Eclipse, , Dahon Jetstream XP, Raleigh Banana, Dawes super galaxy, Raleigh Clubman

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z122 ... =slideshow
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    Fruit of the Loom 'Premium Heavyweight' are pretty good (much better than anything I've seen at Gap for years).

http://www.polo-shirts.co.uk/T-Shirts/F ... ht+T-shirt

You have to add VAT and delivery to the prices on this site, but still cheaper than Gap even if you only order one.
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Sunspel-the Assos of shirts.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    Replying to another 9 year old thread, 👏👏👏👏
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,132
    If you just flag it as spam, when 5 people have done it, it vanishes. Which is why it now looks like you have resurrected this thread.... :D
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Would it help if 5 people flagged his post? Would that get rid of his post and make him look less of a tool for resurrecting an old thread?

That said, should we just leave him to live with the embarrassment?
  • kingstongraham

Would it help if 5 people flagged his post? Would that get rid of his post and make him look less of a tool for resurrecting an old thread?

Then it would look like I'd resurrected the thread to give a warning to others.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    On the other T-shirt thread in the MTB forum the spammer got flagged then posted again to say they were not a bot. Which also got flagged and both were still there a few minutes ago.
  • kingstongraham
    webboo said:

On the other T-shirt thread in the MTB forum the spammer got flagged then posted again to say they were not a bot. Which also got flagged and both were still there a few minutes ago.

Needs 5 people to flag it before it vanishes.
  • webboo
    Oh I see.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Even if they are a person rather than a bot they should pay for their advertising, is this a point that was lost on them?
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614

Then it would look like I'd resurrected the thread to give a warning to others.
    Now it looks like I resurrected this thread.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Replying to another 9 year old thread, 👏👏👏👏

Why are you resurrecting a 9 year old thread? Are you selling something?

Bloody spam bot.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

If you just flag it as spam, when 5 people have done it, it vanishes. Which is why it now looks like you have resurrected this thread.... :D

webboo said:

You catch on quick webboo 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • webboo
    If had I realised I needed to be that sharp I would have had razor blades for breakfast rather than cereal.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    webboo said:

If had I realised I needed to be that sharp I would have had razor blades for breakfast rather than cereal.

I cut myself on a wheat straw once.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197

webboo said:

Did you have a hole in your bucket?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    pinno said:

webboo said:

Did you have a hole in your bucket?
    No.