tuesday executing glass breakers by eviscerating them, slowly, with the sharp bits

'ning

still nippy, slim possibility roads will be dry

inspection showed yesterday's bit of wet glass went right through new tub but failed to pop super-stretchy latex tube, pulled off for open-tub surgery, glued another, grrrrr

if dry, gentle ride, cafes, wfh, watch yesterday's giro assuming they recorded what couldn't show live, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Walk hounds, run (early run in an attempt to keep current wife happy with the escalation in miles with the new training plan), work stuff then a few jobs
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    Morning. Dog walked and bike cycled. Day off today to take baby nibnob swimming (first time for me :)) and seeing friends this afternoon for a walk.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, tigger walked in the rain, it’s still raining at the moment, let’s hope flaming June lives up to its name
    Have a good day
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    It's not raining here! Even a glimpse of sunshine. Wow.

Working day. Bit of a groggy start after getting woken about 2am by some phone buzzing. Turns out latest scammer action involves requesting multiple Skype connections, random names, both genders. Oh do f off. App disabled.

More coffee. Get going.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Morning.

WFH. EATING OUT TONIGHT. Dismantling my Dolan winter bike at the weekend, boxing up the parts, and I can't decide whether or not to keep the frame/fork.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Hoping to get out on the bicycle later, though a dry day now seems to be wet in the middle - so probably after lunch.

Otherwise, wfh as an 8:00 meeting meant that wfw was impractical given shower availability.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    What's wrong with the Dolan Ben?

@sungod : Coverage to 17km's from home and then the last 100m as they crossed the line. So there's a good break in between as they headed uphill and 4g camera stopped working.

Pity really. Carthy was up for the whole stage in those conditions - respect and was bemoaning the shortened route.
    That would really have sorted the men from the boys and gaps would have been huge.
    I wonder; if that big crash on Sunday hadn't happened, it would have gone ahead.

Windy here. Threatening showers and god knows what. Supposed to warm up from tomorrow. Fed up of battling wind. Been doing mostly that since late September, so that's 8 months.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    McNing, Very grey this morning more rain due around half ten.

Someone mentioned gardening leave, I think I should have taken it far to many jobs to do around the home but not enough time. May just see if I can sneak in some days off meant to be converting the spare room into an office but thats kind of halted due to other mayhem occurring an said room filling up with junk.

Anyway "work" meeting later at an air rifle range, should be a laugh not shot in years an I'm borrowing someone's 177 as I sold my 22's. odds on I'll miss the paper a lot.

• Ben6899
    edited May 2021
    pinno said:

What's wrong with the Dolan Ben?

Nothing at all, Pinno. But it's in need of a service requiring new parts and I will be barely using it once I have the gravel bike... that combined with space, it makes sense to retire it [for now].

I'm also taking the Gios to be my up-North bike and bringing my Condor Italia RC home, as it's a much better bike which I shamefully barely ride.

The Dolan is a 56cm, btw. I reckon @ugo.santalucia would part with a considerable wad for it! :smiley:
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Rubbish news about a friend last night, taught a lesson, got a lunch duty to do shortly but at least I get a free lunch for doing it (chicken curry at 11am is great!). Debate in the office about a maths question which we all think has a fundamental error in. Here it is:

• Ben6899
    johngti said:

Debate in the office about a maths question which we all think has a fundamental error in. Here it is:

I wish I could help, John! But:

a) it's ages since I did calculus; and
    b) this forum software compresses everything to make it look like the photo was taken with a potato.
    Ben

• tlw1
    johngti said:

Morning. Rubbish news about a friend last night

Hope everything is as good as can be
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Ben6899 said:

johngti said:

Debate in the office about a maths question which we all think has a fundamental error in. Here it is:

b) this forum software compresses everything to make it look like the photo was taken with a potato.
    We know what our issue with it is - it’s all to do with the limits on the integration being fine and dandy but the bit at the end has an interval that doesn’t include the zero limit. So the solution “proves” that pi must be less than or equal to 22/7 rather than strictly less than, which is what’s required in the question. It’s shoddy work.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    johngti said:

Morning. Rubbish news about a friend last night, taught a lesson, got a lunch duty to do shortly but at least I get a free lunch for doing it (chicken curry at 11am is great!). Debate in the office about a maths question which we all think has a fundamental error in. Here it is:

I’ll help 👍

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    I like Chicken pi.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    In the office today enjoying the wide open spaces left by all the wusses/lazy gits :smile: Usual round of dealing with idiots part completed.

Got an offer on the house yesterday so seeing if we can negotiate that upwards. The house ad hasn't actually hit the interweb yet, this was an early viewing (long story) and we're sorting the main round of viewings for after the bank holiday.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    johngti said:

Ben6899 said:

johngti said:

We know what our issue with it is - it’s all to do with the limits on the integration being fine and dandy but the bit at the end has an interval that doesn’t include the zero limit. So the solution “proves” that pi must be less than or equal to 22/7 rather than strictly less than, which is what’s required in the question. It’s shoddy work.
    That's exactly what I was going to say :wink:
    And that it's too small to read and on its side.
  • Ben6899
    Stevo_666 said:

Got an offer on the house yesterday so seeing if we can negotiate that upwards. The house ad hasn't actually hit the interweb yet, this was an early viewing (long story) and we're sorting the main round of viewings for after the bank holiday.

Definitely refuse the first offer. Everyone low-balls.

Oh and don't forget to low-ball when you find somewhere you'd like to buy! :smiley:
    Ben

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'noon
    Sunny out but nippy
    Head's feeling funny
    WFH
    Put new gas struts on the car boot to save me banging my head on it again (unrelated to funny head)
    Might try and sneak in a bike ride before yoga class
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo_666 said:

In the office today enjoying the wide open spaces left by all the wusses/lazy gits :smile: Usual round of dealing with idiots part completed.

That was my best offer and will not be offering more.
    Saleability not helped by the general untidiness.
  • Stevo_666
    Ben6899 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Oh and don't forget to low-ball when you find somewhere you'd like to buy! :smiley:
    I never take the first offer - point of principle. They've now come back with an increased offer so we probably need to go one more round as we're not that far apart in absolute terms.

We haven't seen anything that's good enough to make an offer on yet...but yep, will do and we can always have another go if they tell us where to go. Problem is that the market is pretty strong which makes it easy to get a good price on the sale but not so easy on the purchase.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo_666 said:

Ben6899 said:

Stevo_666 said:

I never take the first offer - point of principle. They've now come back with an increased offer so we probably need to go one more round as we're not that far apart in absolute terms.

We haven't seen anything that's good enough to make an offer on yet...but yep, will do and we can always have another go if they tell us where to go. Problem is that the market is pretty strong which makes it easy to get a good price on the sale but not so easy on the purchase.
    The cake stop glass half empty mentality is rubbing off on you perhaps? ;)

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Busy day of wfh with a healthy dose of cba thrown in. Unbelievable amounts of stupidity coming at me from all angles, it seems colleagues, customers and suppliers all have equal levels of stupidity.
    Listening to a playlist of one hit wonders from a music email group I got put on. Convoy just came on, "ain't she a beautiful thing"
  • hopkinb
    Started at 7.30, a dry window offered itself, so rolling 50 at 30 ridden. Well, 53.05 at 29.7. You can choose your units. Some sort of form is returning, at least I'm turning the pedals in circles rather than squares. Bloody annoying intermittent creak under load seems to have crept in. I don't think it's me, but I can't be sure.

Back at desk, eating only a light lunch.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    hopkinb said:

Bloody annoying intermittent creak under load seems to have crept in. I don't think it's me, but I can't be sure.

There's only one way to find out if it's you, does the bike creak when you are not on it? If not, it's definitely you.
    Didn't manage to comment yesterday I think, you said your Mrs made you buy more clothes as she thought you were a scruff. What did she make of the homeless guy that came round to fettle your headset :#
  • tlw1
    Anyone heard from HD?
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

That was my best offer and will not be offering more.
    Saleability not helped by the general untidiness.
    Sure you're bidding on the right house? We met the buyers and he has hair...
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Ben6899 said:

Stevo_666 said:

The cake stop glass half empty mentality is rubbing off on you perhaps? ;)

I'm going for therapy now...

I like a challenge but probably just means the Bank of Stevo has to work harder.
  • hopkinb

hopkinb said:

Bloody annoying intermittent creak under load seems to have crept in. I don't think it's me, but I can't be sure.

There's only one way to find out if it's you, does the bike creak when you are not on it? If not, it's definitely you.
    Didn't manage to comment yesterday I think, you said your Mrs made you buy more clothes as she thought you were a scruff. What did she make of the homeless guy that came round to fettle your headset :#
    I just had a listen, no creaking, must be me.

She didn't comment on your barnet or appearance. You are known as "bike friend" though. 2 pairs of new casual shoes have also just arrived for me, that I didn't order. I must be overdue an upgrade in her eyes. Unfortunately they fit, and aren't too bad, so I might have to retire my reeking pair of casual footwear.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    ciao!

mega day here, Po Po taken care of, contacts made, still breathing.

winner winner.

now drinking coffee.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.