'ning

still autumn, wary of wet roads, two new tubs that i don't want cut up

ride, cafes, wfh, laze, giro mountains

note to pinno: it's not a rest day
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, off for an early ride, weather doesn’t look up to much later, all of the usual done
    Giro this afternoon
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning sleepyheads

Managed some outdoor exercise for the first time in nearly a week. Sun's currently out so made the most of it.

WFW
    Yoga
    More WFW
    Procure DIY materials
    Fix holes in walls
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Hounds walked, some of the mess of two days entertaining tidied, now work stuff.

Later is a run and deep clean the hippie waggon
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

Hounds walked, some of the mess of two days entertaining tidied, now work stuff.

Shouldn't you be getting the lad to clean up his mess?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    thistle_ said:

tlw1 said:

Shouldn't you be getting the lad to clean up his mess?
    😂
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    sungod said:

note to pinno: it's not a rest day

For you it isn't. :smile:

Anyway, stop moaning - get some solid tyres.

What's with the overly sympathetic commentators and the 'filthy conditions'? FFS, they're pro's.
    The crash happened in perfect conditions and no crashes when it was piddling down.

Might do some tinkering. Might not. Weather is changeable.
    Wind won't warm up and/or go away.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    edited May 2021
    Had the photographer in to take the pics of the house for the marketing blurb. Mrs. 666 may be a bit more relaxed now than she was on the weekend. Hopefully I'll find all of my things that she randomly stuffed into cupboards over the weekend. Bit more work then we're off out to view a house at lunchtime.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    sungod said:

...giro mountains

Less mountains:

Stage 16 of the Giro d'Italia, which had been billed as the 'queen stage' of the race, has been stripped back just before it was due to start, amid concerns over weather conditions in the Dolomites.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    ciao

banging out the 90s rave v loud in the office, Po Po have been heckled, doing some final touches to some Po Po bits then lunch. Fancy doner meat and chips tbh.

apart from that, will shoooooom home to watch Giro on catch up.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    MattFalle said:

Fancy doner meat and chips tbh.

I love doner meat and chips. Mix of lamb and chicken doner, loads of chilli sauce, garlic sauce and minty yogurt sauce. Salivating just thinking about it.

Wfh. Look at rain. Some clothes arrive later. First clothes I've bought in 18 months. Mrs H³ forced me to do it. Says I look like a homeless most of the time. I'm going to need new shoes too.

Wfw tomorrow, weather looks reasonable, i.e. not wet, so pedal will be pleasant (ish).

Lunch will only be a disappointment now I have doner and chips on my mind.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Stevo_666 said:

Had the photographer in to take the pics of the house for the marketing blurb. Mrs. 666 may be a bit more relaxed now than she was on the weekend. Hopefully I'll find all of my things that she randomly stuffed into cupboards over the weekend. Bit more work then we're off out to view a house at lunchtime.

If I leave anything unguarded laying about for more than 30 seconds it gets randomly stuffed into a cupboard, draw or magically disappeared (binned) never to be seen again. 😕
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    So following Saturdays test it appears that both MrsHD and I have the lurgey so currently isolating at home until Next Monday.
    Both feel fine, slight feeling of a head cold in a morning which is shifted by a couple of paracetamol.
    Other than that no symptoms, feel perfectly fine and I can still taste wine!

A bit annoyed as this is a week of zero outdoor training which I can do without, looks like Zwift will get fired up again.

We've both had jab #1, hers was Pfizer and mine was AZ.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    seanoconn said:

Stevo_666 said:

If I leave anything unguarded laying about for more than 30 seconds it gets randomly stuffed into a cupboard, draw or magically disappeared (binned) never to be seen again. 😕
    I can guess what happens if you try to do the same to her stuff...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_

A bit annoyed as this is a week of zero outdoor training which I can do without, looks like Zwift will get fired up again.

Completing the new world will keep you occupied for a day anyway.
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

I love doner meat and chips. Mix of lamb and chicken doner, loads of chilli sauce, garlic sauce and minty yogurt sauce. Salivating just thinking about it.

Wfh. Look at rain. Some clothes arrive later. First clothes I've bought in 18 months. Mrs H³ forced me to do it. Says I look like a homeless most of the time. I'm going to need new shoes too.

Wfw tomorrow, weather looks reasonable, i.e. not wet, so pedal will be pleasant (ish).

you have just made me the hungriest man in the world, ever.

NEEEEEED DONER MEAT
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    @98% fat? No thanks...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

NEEEEEED DONER MEAT

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    tlw1 said:

Send him in wit ha leaf blower.

Morning, grey heckshire is grey current debate is on why the weather is so bad, current theories include, tilting of the planets axis no one told us about, ducks/geese (though likely geese) made some blood sacrifices over winter for more rain. Weather has long covid, or nature is healing and this is the correct weather we should have.

I'm going with the duck/geese sacrifice currently an polling seems to agree.

Much debrief today with work and celebrations while the away bubbles toddle off to Baku.

Other news, I have handed in my notice had an offer from another company which is a no brainer. Shall be changing industry totally but still WFH/P and a chunky pay rise included. Solves a few issues as me an the OH were on the fence with the caps imposed by the FIA as to weather our jobs would be safe so seems a sensible time for least one of us to jump ship.
    Company I'm off to is a sound bet their building a whole new site which is to be the UK HO, things huge can see it from the top of the hill by mine, well rather the cranes an parts of said building.
    So end of the day sad to leave there but seems to be for the best, I know people there, companies made a big commitment in terms of investment in sites etc so seems a solid choice an the pay hike wont hurt.

Nice bit of news for me in the midst of a lot of rubbish news so that helps
  • hopkinb

@98% fat? No thanks...

Even butter ain't 98% fat...

Round here you don't really get the elephant's leg, though you can seek it out, what's called "doner" is usually shawarma. Not for every day, but good eating.
  • hopkinb
    step83 said:

tlw1 said:

Morning, grey heckshire is grey current debate is on why the weather is so bad, current theories include, tilting of the planets axis no one told us about, ducks/geese (though likely geese) made some blood sacrifices over winter for more rain. Weather has long covid, or nature is healing and this is the correct weather we should have.

Much debrief today with work and celebrations while the away bubbles toddle off to Baku.

Other news, I have handed in my notice had an offer from another company which is a no brainer. Shall be changing industry totally but still WFH/P and a chunky pay rise included. Solves a few issues as me an the OH were on the fence with the caps imposed by the FIA as to weather our jobs would be safe so seems a sensible time for least one of us to jump ship.
    Company I'm off to is a sound bet their building a whole new site which is to be the UK HO, things huge can see it from the top of the hill by mine, well rather the cranes an parts of said building.
    So end of the day sad to leave there but seems to be for the best, I know people there, companies made a big commitment in terms of investment in sites etc so seems a solid choice an the pay hike wont hurt.

Great news on the new job Step! Did you manage to blag any gardening leave so you can sit and watch the rain on full pay and curse those geese who made the sacrifices?

Bl00dy geese. Screwing up the weather. Not content with just breaking our arms whenever they feel like it, and honking like my brakes in the wet. I'm going to have goose next christmas dinner, that'll learn them.
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

NEEEEEED DONER MEAT

oh

you

bstrd
  • MattFalle
    went for a sausage roll and chicken and mushroom pot noodle in the end
  • MattFalle
    step83 said:

tlw1 said:

congrats!

doners are on you then.
  • MattFalle

@98% fat? No thanks...

why?
  • hopkinb
    MattFalle said:

went for a sausage roll and chicken and mushroom pot noodle in the end

I had a corned beef and tomato sandwich and an apple.

Only did the deliveroo order to wind you up. If I'd been out riding, I might have had the meat and chips, but I hadn't, so I didn't.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    pinno said:

sungod said:

...giro mountains

Less mountains:

Stage 16 of the Giro d'Italia, which had been billed as the 'queen stage' of the race, has been stripped back just before it was due to start, amid concerns over weather conditions in the Dolomites.

yes, shame as there might've been some gc action

looks like my recent rides, though their scenery is better
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    oxoman said:

Congrats Step and good luck.
    Get well soon HD and OH.
    As to doner meat. 🤮🤮🤮🤮. I'd sooner starve.

Echo these sentiments re. Step, HD and OH.

On the diner front, I've never had it.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • thistle_
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

NEEEEEED DONER MEAT

I can't see the "+ cheese" option
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
  • MattFalle
    Imagine Lucy Worlsey covered in that

#dreamsaremadeofthis