Giro presenters fashion watch

DeVlaeminck
DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719
I have to credit all the Eurosport presenters for making an effort with their clothes. Given they've made the effort it's only fair we recognise that.

Bradley's outfit today is particularly bold - I'd expect to see that white top and what are almost light grey leggings on a young girl than a middle aged man - I'm not sure he carries it off but - it's not something I'd attempt though so I give him marks for bravery 3 out of 5.

Orla - it's a long race but she's worn that before. She always makes an effort - it's very casual for a sports anchor but she pulls it off...so I'll say 4 out of 5.

Adam - oversize Burberry check shirt, black trousers, no socks and loafers. He's made a bit of a statement with his outfits but this one isn't for me 2 out of 5 from me.
[Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]

Comments

• gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    What about Dan's black gcn sweatshirts?
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    I thought this was going to about some trendy Italian watch maker sponsoring something or other in Giro.
    Do they make watches in Italy.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,581
    Think you're referring to the "Giro presenter's fashion watch" thread...
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Or indeed presenters'
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,581
    orraloon said:

Or indeed presenters'

That would be the "Giro presenters' fashion watches" thread...
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    webboo said:

I thought this was going to about some trendy Italian watch maker sponsoring something or other in Giro.

Me too.

Also Panerai (yes they're Swiss but they're also Italian).
  • bm5
    bm5 Posts: 530
    My vote is for Sean’s black polo shirts. The rest are trying too hard.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,892
    I thought this thread was in reference to Rick's comment that male watches are like jewelry for women.
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,249
    webboo said:

Panerai prob the most famous but a few smaller brands.
  • DeVlaeminck
    phreak said:

I thought this thread was in reference to Rick's comment that male watches are like jewelry for women.

You can imagine that product - the Eurosport Presenters Fashion Watch, now you can emulate the style of Adam Blythe for only £299.99 plus postage.

• flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Always looks like Adam and Orla are going clubbing straight after the show!
  • bobmcstuff
    Wiggins with the white turtleneck and blazer look today
  • bobmcstuff
    Blythe is wearing a Rolex, looks almost like a new GMT master on an Oyster (if it's the same one he's worn before) but I'm surprised he's a big enough deal/rich enough to get hold of one.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

Blythe is wearing a Rolex, looks almost like a new GMT master on an Oyster (if it's the same one he's worn before) but I'm surprised he's a big enough deal/rich enough to get hold of one.

why? its a couple of quid but not really major tbh and quite a sound investment as opposed to someone dropping £10 on yet another S-Works....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • bobmcstuff
    edited May 2021
    MattFalle said:

why? its a couple of quid but not really major tbh and quite a sound investment as opposed to someone dropping £10 on yet another S-Works....
    It's not necessarily the cost of the watch itself, I'm sure he could afford that if he wanted (although I don't get the impression he is massively loaded or anything) - they are going for around £14k on the second hand market - it's that they're extremely hard to get hold of. To get a new one is nigh on impossible. Apparently, most approved dealers are only getting in a very few and they are going to people who spend many times the value of the watch, 10x or more, on other stuff, and have had a long relationship with the dealer.

Although as Blythe likes a bit of bling he may well have a relationship with an approved dealer and they may have sold it to him on the basis he is on TV.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited May 2021
    its a watch, not even like a mega special one.

he wanted it, he got the word out, someone offered him one.

that's all really. no great dramas or mystery about it.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • DeVlaeminck
    I know nothing about watches but it could be a dealer who is a cycling fan - people are attracted to celebrity and in cycling circles any former world tour pro probably counts as one.
  • DeVlaeminck
    I'm really not getting the no socks with trousers and smart shoes. Maybe it's my age ?

I mean on holiday or a summer's day maybe with trainers or deck shoes fine but especially with those caramel leather shoes Brad has on and trousers half way up his lower leg it just looks wrong to me.
  • bobmcstuff

I'm really not getting the no socks with trousers and smart shoes. Maybe it's my age ?

I mean on holiday or a summer's day maybe with trainers or deck shoes fine but especially with those caramel leather shoes Brad has on and trousers half way up his lower leg it just looks wrong to me.

No both of their footwear choices were mystifying to me
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,593

Recently saw a bunch of overpaid footballists waking out of the changing room dressed similarly. Must be a "thing". Fashion ≠ style.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • bobmcstuff

• shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    What's the final comment from ian2wheels?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Mankinis.
  • bobmcstuff
    Yeah, the BR photo upload ruins the resolution doesn't it
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    edited May 2021
    So there is bunch of middle age men and older discussing the fashion choices of younger men who are successful media stars.
    I wonder how many times this has been played out.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    webboo said:

So there is bunch of middle age men and older discussing the fashion choices of younger men who are successful media stars.

Some of us are old enough to remember when Burberry plaid was fashionable.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • bobmcstuff
    webboo said:

I'm younger than both of them I think
  • bobmcstuff
    Oh no, that's not true, Blythe is a year younger than me.
  • bobmcstuff
    I still think shoes like that with no socks is daft. I do know people who dress like that so it's presumably cool at the moment.

Generally I'm a fan of Blythes' shirts although I would never be able to or try to pull them off myself. My wife usually wants then for herself - she likes a loud shirt.

I wear a lot of Patagonia if that helps.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137

I still think shoes like that with no socks is daft. I do know people who dress like that so it's presumably cool at the moment.

I've hardly worn socks for a year and a half now, so I guess I'm bang on trend. Are not doing any ironing and turning up to morning meetings in a dressing gown also fashionable?
    Twitter: @RichN95