Friday but the weekend is still far away

'Ning

Wide awake for some reason.

Broadband switchover is today, not yesterday but connection seems to be down so it looks like it's already changed over so might get up and plug the new box in.

Peeing down here again, we must be getting close to 3x the monthly rainfall by now. It was up to 2x last week.

Neighbours told me last night they'd had to have the dog put down: took him to the vet and they found lots of lumps, suspected cancer. Can't remember how old he was but was certainly getting on a bit.

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, raining here , Tigger doesn’t want to go out on the wet by the look of it,
    Decorating finished, hopefully I will get out on the bike today
    Have a good day
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,437
    'ning

wind, wind, howling wind, gloom, rain later, truly the canonical form of meh

careful windy ride, nip into gmc, cafe, wfh, laze, later bubbly dine out inside with mrs s
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Scored an amazing goal last night, well in my dreams, in reality I have really hurt my foot kicking the bedside cabinet 🙄

Work stuff then in the car and over to derby to pick up the camper van 😎
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    tlw1 said:

Scored an amazing goal last night, well in my dreams, in reality I have really hurt my foot kicking the bedside cabinet 🙄

I'm sure there must be someone in the Derby area who could deliver it for you?

A day of Teams calls awaits. This lunchtime's bike ride has been binned but will keep the diary entry so no barsteward can swoop in and take the time.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

A day of Teams calls awaits. This lunchtime's bike ride has been binned but will keep the diary entry so no barsteward can swoop in and take the time.
    Not transferring the final cash until the keys are in my hand / wouldn’t trust anyone from our derby branches to drive my new pride and joy
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

in the gym, hectic morning then chillllllll

Pinno: one for you I think

The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

I heard those electric cargobike things are good at towing :wink:

• tlw1
    thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Heard the same but never seen proof
  • thistle_
    tlw1 said:

thistle_ said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Heard the same but never seen proof
    Are Teslas any good at towing?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Slowish start as the weekend has started for me. Just getting ready to go out on the fun bike, thankfully the train ride should be into the wind and we'll get blown back. Reality may feel somewhat different. Pretty sure we're going to get wet. Very glad I'm not on the grindstone today.
    Good luck in Derby TLW
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,198
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Not transferring the final cash until the keys are in my hand / wouldn’t trust anyone from our derby branches to drive my new pride and joy
    Not even the wife.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    MattFalle said:

Ciao

in the gym, hectic morning then chillllllll

Pinno: one for you I think

Bit of a blur, Wots it say?
  • MattFalle
    How tall could a Lego tower get
  • MattFalle
  • pinno
    Giro has been good so far. Fun with Oz bloke and Brambilla bloke. Sheer entertainment. Wish the pundits would shuddup 'cos if every cyclist played their cards properly, it would be booooring.

Criticism for certain protagonists re.: attacks and praise for Nibali who... goes on a pointless attack.

Windy wet here. This is pants.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Not even the wife.
    Does it look like this?

If not, maybe not a good idea.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Remember when one of those sank in the docks in L'pool. Amusing.

Day off in theory but chasing up some stuff. Then working out how to remove an alarm system.

Went to have new floor/carpets placed in and found some horrendous wiring job that will cause lumps so it has to go/be replaced. Someone really did a half arsed job.

Out for dinner tonight so wine and negroni's to suffer for.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    Flâneur said:

Remember when one of those sank in the docks in L'pool. Amusing.

But isn't that sort of thing pars course in Scouse land?

• pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Not even the wife.
    Does it look like this?

That would be practical but simultaneously bugger up his street cred.
    On the plus side, plenty of room for beer, a cider press even or maybe a mini distillery.
  • pinno
    bugger
  • pinno
    Didn't work.
  • MattFalle
    just starting to wind down before heading back to the gym.
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,696
    Rain, rain and more rain - in for the day :'(

unfortunately I'm not, I was image [WFH] but I have to go out for a while
    But more of that later with the Giro if its still going me thinks, tis Friday afterall

• sungod
    edited May 2021
    still a bit windy, plane tree pollen drifts forming along the roads, cough, cough, cough etc.

giro sunny at the moment

<recalls the balmy days of march> sigh
  • thistle_
    sungod said:

still a bit windy, plane tree pollen drifts forming along the roads, cough, cough, cough etc.

We have a couple of weeks here where fluff* blows around everywhere an settles into piles at the sides of the roads like mini snowdrifts.

The fluff is seeds from something, it looks like dandelion seeds but there's so much I think it must be from trees.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Not even the wife.
    Does it look like this?

That would be practical but simultaneously censored up his street cred.
    On the plus side, plenty of room for beer, a cider press even or maybe a mini distillery.
    On the plus side, it looks better than his BMW.
  • sungod
    thistle_ said:

sungod said:

We have a couple of weeks here where fluff* blows around everywhere an settles into piles at the sides of the roads like mini snowdrifts.

The fluff is seeds from something, it looks like dandelion seeds but there's so much I think it must be from trees.
    if it's mounds of brown fluffy stuff, that's plane tree pollen

• MattFalle
    You lit have more patience than I.

How many times do you have to say "stop looking at stuff that has "medical in confidence" all over it because its not your job, you're not authorised and its none of your business" before you can shoot them?
  • sungod
    MattFalle said:

You lit have more patience than I.

How many times do you have to say "stop looking at stuff that has "medical in confidence" all over it because its not your job, you're not authorised and its none of your business" before you can shoot them?

less than one
  • thistle_
    sungod said:

thistle_ said:

sungod said:

if it's mounds of brown fluffy stuff, that's plane tree pollen

Similar but cotton/white coloured.
    The rain's washed it all away so cannot get a photo.