'ning

possibility of dry ride, unlike yesterday's deluge

cafes, wfh, laze, giro
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,142
    'King
    Damp here already, 2 day deluge on the way by the looks of things.
    WFW I think to stay out of the house, and away from any broadband niggles.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Salut. Hound walked. Work started. More coffee please
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

tad overcast, threatening to rain, going to work. hopefully heading put to check out some stuff to do some groovy stuff on and grab a steak sandwich or two

#priorities
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,860
    Knew I should have cut the lawns last night...... but work stopped morning run so went last night instead.

Run with a pal later might stop pub, but probably not
  • tlw1
    oxoman said:

Morning all. I must have upset someone. Wet wet.wet.and big winds, just what you need when you've got a 50 mile ride to do. Going to be a hard ride I think.

Still sounds better than work.

More important, how was last nights pub
  • MattFalle
    generally, being kicked in the testicles is better than being at work tbh.

50 mile in that: select smooooth gear, hunker down into comfy position and just spin it out.

home, coffee, cheeses and salami and onions and chilli on toast, hot bath, watch Veep.

#sorted
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Ridey ride, wfw, lunch, wfw, ridey ride, collect mini, little bit of wfh.

Best of luck in the wind & rain oxo.
  • MattFalle
    WINNER WINNER TOP BLAG FOR DINNER

just blagged instructing mtb for some bods for a week in the summer

its what we call a solid

GET IN
  • tlw1
    MattFalle said:

its what we call a solid

GET IN

Will it be dry by then?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    tlw1 said:

MattFalle said:

its what we call a solid

GET IN

Will it be dry by then?
    Doubt it.

Quick glance at weather app suggests the next week down here won't get above 15°C with plenty of high winds and some rain too. Basically March. In May. Nearly June. Even by UK standards, that's pretty shyte.

Plus a 20 mph block headwind on the way home, gusting to twice that. Always welcome to tone up the old legs.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,317
    oxoman said:

Morning all. I must have upset someone. Wet wet.wet.and big winds, just what you need when you've got a 50 mile ride to do. Going to be a hard ride I think.

Fun if it's a tailwind.

Wet and windy here too.

Mowed my lawns yesterday evening TLW :)
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Wiggle email:

'The new Vitus has arrived... we started from the beginning... with only speed in mind... bollox bollox...'

7.8kg's and will cost iro £5k.

Well that's just sh1t really.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    Another day of dealing with twunts. Finished with the Dutch tax inspectors, now schooling idiot salesmen who want a tax rubber stamp on a complex global deal same day. They're lucky that I'm the tolerant patient type o:)

Garden currently being tidied as we have an early viewing on the house this weekend.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,520
    hopkinb said:

tlw1 said:

MattFalle said:

its what we call a solid

GET IN

Will it be dry by then?
    Doubt it.

Quick glance at weather app suggests the next week down here won't get above 15°C with plenty of high winds and some rain too. Basically March. In May. Nearly June. Even by UK standards, that's pretty shyte.

Plus a 20 mph block headwind on the way home, gusting to twice that. Always welcome to tone up the old legs.
    pinno said:

Wiggle email:

'The new Vitus has arrived... we started from the beginning... with only speed in mind... bollox bollox...'

Well that's just censored really.

tempted by the black inc barstem, a fair bit lighter than current cinelli integrated, but not sure about the boring styling, plus it might melt in the rain
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MattFalle
    tlw1 said:

MattFalle said:

its what we call a solid

GET IN

Will it be dry by then?
    nah. it'llbeshit
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    What the actual f@ck. I’m not one to moan normally but this weather is taking the actual p!ss. Possibly up to 18 degrees by next weekend, big bloody wow. 🌧⛈🌩🌨❄️💦💧💨🌬🥶🥶🥶🤬

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    High of 11 degrees Sunday!!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,673
    MattFalle said:

its what we call a solid

GET IN

MTB? Thought you were an aficionado of the slammed stem and hello kitty wheels?

Blowing a hoolie here. Worse than March hb, more like November in late May. Great British weather. Who needs that furrin' sun stuff? Brexsh1t means grey, winds, rain and meh.

Opted out of the ride for the above reasons. First gym session since Christmas Eve instead. Upper body routine hurt, and I think I'm going to hurt all over by tomorrow morning. Nice to watch some gym bunnies for a change.

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    Finished frame for artwork painted by Other Half.

Came out quite well we think.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    orraloon said:

MattFalle said:

its what we call a solid

GET IN

Blowing a hoolie here. Worse than March hb, more like November in late May. Great British weather. Who needs that furrin' sun stuff? Brexsh1t means grey, winds, rain and meh.

Opted out of the ride for the above reasons. First gym session since Christmas Eve instead. Upper body routine hurt, and I think I'm going to hurt all over by tomorrow morning. Nice to watch some gym bunnies for a change.

You'll be pining for weather like this if Nicky the Fish gets her way and you get turned down for settled status.
  • Stevo_666

orraloon said:

MattFalle said:

its what we call a solid

GET IN

You'll be pining for weather like this if Nicky the Fish gets her way and you get turned down for settled status.
    :smiley:

Especially if there's a 'Dob them in to Priti' helpline o:)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Stevo_666 said:

Another day of dealing with twunts. Finished with the Dutch tax inspectors, now schooling idiot salesmen who want a tax rubber stamp on a complex global deal same day. They're lucky that I'm the tolerant patient type o:)

Garden currently being tidied as we have an early viewing on the house this weekend.

Have you decided on where you'd like to move to yet?

We were open on either of two villages essentially, just looking for the right house in those places.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Stevo_666
    elbowloh said:

Stevo_666 said:

We were open on either of two villages essentially, just looking for the right house in those places.
    Pretty much like you - we've narrowed it down to a small-ish area but haven't spotted a specific property that we want yet. Also we need an offer on ours to be able to put in a serious bid on something.
  • ballysmate
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

MattFalle said:

its what we call a solid

GET IN

:smiley:

Especially if there's a 'Dob them in to Priti' helpline o:)
    Get it on speed dial.
  • ballysmate
    Stevo_666 said:

elbowloh said:

Stevo_666 said:

Pretty much like you - we've narrowed it down to a small-ish area but haven't spotted a specific property that we want yet. Also we need an offer on ours to be able to put in a serious bid on something.
    We'll look out for you on Escape to the country.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,005
    Chilly here, might take friends dog for a walk later as they've all been grounded by Boris.
    Bought a tri suit.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297

Bought a tri suit.

Jacket, trousers and waistcoat?
  • MattFalle
    orraloon said:

MattFalle said:

its what we call a solid

GET IN

must admit i do enjoy it but not really into it, if you know what i mean, but i'm a Regimantal mtb instructor and guide so i get paid to travel around and take people out mtb'ing, which is a blag.

Tie it into the day job and it means that they can have mtb instruction and med cover in one hit which ticks loads of boxes on the risk assesments...

• MattFalle
    Anyhow, cooking dinner before taking bambina to climb something, I goo back to the gym for an hour and a half to save driving up and down and up and down for no reason.
  • pinno
    sungod said:

hopkinb said:

tlw1 said:

MattFalle said:

its what we call a solid

GET IN

Will it be dry by then?
    Doubt it.

pinno said:

Wiggle email:

Well that's just censored really.

tempted by the black inc barstem, a fair bit lighter than current cinelli integrated, but not sure about the boring styling, plus it might melt in the rain
    My Wilier comes in at just under 7.8 kg's. Had I assembled it with new gruppo/wheels, it would have set me back £2800 plus finishing kit.
    Not good vfm for the Vitus IMHO.