wednesday appears to have highly-abstract underlying principles

'ning

might be dry or rain, probably rain, definitely not summer

ride, cafe, wfh, cafe, decline webex invites, giro laze

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Walk hounds then a quick run before work stuff.

Later is undecided, but I know if I meet up with my mates on the fun bike then it will involve the pub
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, bright start again, if yesterday is anything to go by hail and rain later
    Me Im decorating again, last day hopefully, roll on June let’s hope it warms up a bit, or a lot
    Have a good day
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Good morning. Dog about to be walked then another crazy work day. Slept horribly. Maybe dehydrated maybe I’m now just old
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    oxoman said:

Morning all. Day 3 of the bimble around Northumbria. Kudos to anyone who rides round here its brutal.

What are the pubs like though?
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning.

“You look fed up all of the time these days”

“I’m not fed up”

“Well you look like you are “

“Sorry”

“Oh ffs”

Aside: not fed up, lonely. Don’t like living in Dartford, have no real friends, left the club I helped establish because it was too committee oriented, stuck on HoD level at work, probably too much like hard work to talk to me - people literally take a different route when they realise they might have to interact. 52 years old, highly qualified, being overlooked for any kind of promotion/whole school role.

So not really fed up, no.

Sorry. Realise there’s plenty with worse problems than me. This would be the only place I can “vent” like this. Carry on.
  • Flâneur
    Everyone's problems are their own, all a very personal spectrum.

TLW going straight for the pub rating haha
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    Flâneur said:

Everyone's problems are their own, all a very personal spectrum.

TLW going straight for the pub rating haha

This covers both subjects perfectly
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Don't apologise for venting. Obviously I have no idea how deep your feelings of loneliness are and how they affect your mental health but do not be afraid or embarrassed to seek help. The fact that you have realised that you have a problem probably means that time is now.
    God knows, I am no expert, but there are people out there who are, such as MIND. I would have also suggested your GP, but good luck in getting to speak to one to get referred to someone who could help.
    The mind is a complex thing. If you had an injured or broken arm you would seek help. It is the same with your mind.
    Good luck.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Actually cycle commuted today as I had to go for a site induction at the new job. 18miles, last 800m on a canal path. Having not been on a bike since December, I'm knackered and Wimbledon Hill felt a lot tougher than it should have done. Getting through Putney and across the Bridge was a real pain and with Hammersmith Bridge not opening any time soon, if ever, it will stay like that and worsen as things open up.

Chosen a different, slightly longer route back that will take me through Richmond Park.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh
    edited May 2021
    johngti said:

Morning.

“You look fed up all of the time these days”

“I’m not fed up”

“Well you look like you are “

“Sorry”

“Oh ffs”

Aside: not fed up, lonely. Don’t like living in Dartford, have no real friends, left the club I helped establish because it was too committee oriented, stuck on HoD level at work, probably too much like hard work to talk to me - people literally take a different route when they realise they might have to interact. 52 years old, highly qualified, being overlooked for any kind of promotion/whole school role.

So not really fed up, no.

Sorry. Realise there’s plenty with worse problems than me. This would be the only place I can “vent” like this. Carry on.

I've vented a lot myself recently on here too...sometimes also too much info maybe, but it helps just to get it out!

Sounds tough Johnti. If you want some ride buddies or other things to do and meet new people locally, check out your local FB group or meetup. There'll be some shoite, but also maybe something that will pique your interest.

If you're still short of someone to ride with, once things have settled down at home for me, I'd be happy to meet up for a ride.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Flâneur
    If it is a vent and solve (and not just a lightening of the mind with a vent, nothing wrong with that). Ever considered Rapha? I know the London crowd is huge with sub sections dotted around for each of various areas such as London Surrey or London Kent etc etc?

Large enough Club there are normally some like minded people, and I've normally found they just want to ride their bikes. Disclaimer - only done Rapha events where London chapter has decamped to say N.Wales or Cotswolds.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,944
    johngti said:

I don't know anything about you, so please don't take this the wrong way.

But have you considered that you might be in a vicious circle there? You became uptight because not many people would talk to you or unhappy, and now no-one will talk to you because you're uptight?

I can't offer any advice how you break that loop if that's what it is; I'd describe myself as not very socially adequate. However, someone else might know.

The older I get, the better I was.

• johngti
    capt_slog said:

johngti said:

I don't know anything about you, so please don't take this the wrong way.

But have you considered that you might be in a vicious circle there? You became uptight because not many people would talk to you or unhappy, and now no-one will talk to you because you're uptight?

I can't offer any advice how you break that loop if that's what it is; I'd describe myself as not very socially adequate. However, someone else might know.

Nah don’t sweat it. I wouldn’t talk to me either.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    JGTI, the offer of a pedal is still there if you can get over this way on a week day and I'm not inundated with work. You can laugh at my crappy old Boardman as well. The others have put things much better than I can on the sensible advice.

Going nowhere on the corporate hamster wheel today but 2 big meetings to prep for tomorrow. Quick trip to the tip at lunchtime as Mrs. 666 has been doing more chucking out than I expected and filling up the garage.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    Stevo_666 said:

JGTI, the offer of a pedal is still there if you can get over this way on a week day and I'm not inundated with work. You can laugh at my crappy old Boardman as well. The others have put things much better than I can on the sensible advice.

Going nowhere on the corporate hamster wheel today but 2 big meetings to prep for tomorrow. Quick trip to the tip at lunchtime as Mrs. 666 has been doing more chucking out than I expected and filling up the garage.

Cheers Stevo - see how we get on in one of the holidays 🙂

And thanks everyone. Guess I just needed to put it into words rather than keeping it bottled in. Hence the “carry on” comment. Suppose I am just a bit fed up. Hate when the wife is right; not going to tell her though.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,007
    Afternoon chaps (and those, if there are any who don't assign to a gender), metal stuff followed by bike stuff, followed by a G&T as it's my dads birthday followed by bed.
    I ventured into the gym for the first time yesterday and I'm feeling it now.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Afternoon folks,
    Another day of wfh so at least I could laze in bed for an extra half hour. Don't worry about venting on here Mr GTi, we all do it from time to time. Completely understand how you feel. I'm more than a bit fed up with work, seriously f'king hacked off at the moment. BS excuses coming from various angles about why people aren't doing things. Poxy computer system makes everything more difficult than is necessary so some people do even less rather than stepping up a little. Cnuts!
    Now look what you've done, I've just gone and started ranting.
    Got waylaid by work for a bit mid-post. It all just kicked off with a load of BS excuses flying, directors got involved. I had to dig in and state my position very clearly. I just got a grovelling phone call from one of the BS excuse makers. Much back pedalling but he didn't have a bicycle. What fun, not.
    More importantly, wednesday means pubday.
  • Stevo_666
    indoor pubday.
    FTFY
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,944
    Today we had to take my mum (97) to hospital for a problem she's been having. This means taking her out of the care home, which is always a bit of parlava, and this happens to be one of the few times she's been out since covid started.

Anyways, the hospital are pleased with her, and it's not cancer which was suspected.

So we went to a local beauty spot to sit in the woods and have a cup of coffee, she likes to see the bluebells.

All was okay until a dog came and jumped on her whilst she was sitting in her wheel chair. Coffee all down her front, partially scolding her, and footprints on her trousers.

The dog owner was a young chap and apologetic, but I still tore him a new one, i was not pleased to say the least. What the hell is wrong with a lead?

Ah well.

The older I get, the better I was.

• elbowloh
    capt_slog said:

Today we had to take my mum (97) to hospital for a problem she's been having. This means taking her out of the care home, which is always a bit of parlava, and this happens to be one of the few times she's been out since covid started.

Anyways, the hospital are pleased with her, and it's not cancer which was suspected.

So we went to a local beauty spot to sit in the woods and have a cup of coffee, she likes to see the bluebells.

All was okay until a dog came and jumped on her whilst she was sitting in her wheel chair. Coffee all down her front, partially scolding her, and footprints on her trousers.

The dog owner was a young chap and apologetic, but I still tore him a new one, i was not pleased to say the least. What the hell is wrong with a lead?

Ah well.

People are phuckers. The amount of people who go round places with dogs off the leash astounds me in particular at places where there are wild animals and there are signs everywhere saying dogs must be kept on a short leash .

There's a pond at a woods near me which is a nature reserve. The pond is fenced off to help protect some bats that breed around there. It's fenced off to keep dogs out, but a couple of local dog owners keep knocking it down so their dogs can play in the pond. Volunteers keep putting it back up, but the phuckers keep knocking it down again. The sense of entitlement is crazy.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • ballysmate
    Yeah! Phucking dog owners! ;)
  • tlw1
    capt_slog said:

Ah well.

So is the above, you taking the opportunity to practice your story as the truth is you were torturing her regarding inheritance?
  • Stevo_666

Are we talking about the 4 legged variety here? :)
  • ballysmate
    Stevo_666 said:

Are we talking about the 4 legged variety here? :)
    I don't think anyone wants to own one of the other kind. Just take one for a bit of exercise now and again.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Stevo_666 said:

indoor pubday.
    FTFY

Would have loved that post rather than just liking it :D
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145

There's dog owners and dog owners.
    Like there's cyclists, 'cyclists' and cyclists.

WFH, early start, seemed to be working hard but don't seem to have got very far with anything.
    No pedal at lunchtime, thundering and hailing most of the day.
    Sunny now though so walking to gym in a bit to hang out with the laydeez.

Broadband swaps over tomorrow, not sure whether to chance it WFH or WFW.
  • elbowloh
    thistle_ said:

WFH, early start, seemed to be working hard but don't seem to have got very far with anything.

Broadband swaps over
    tomorrow, not sure whether to chance it WFH or WFW.
    From who to who?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    elbowloh said:

thistle_ said:

Broadband swaps over
    From who to who?
    Don’t tell him thistle, you’ll only set him off again!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • elbowloh
    edited May 2021
    seanoconn said:

elbowloh said:

thistle_ said:

Broadband swaps over
    From who to who?
    Don’t tell him Pike, you’ll only set him off again!
    It's alright, I'm over it now.

Now it's actually activated, the BT service has been really good and the signal covers the whole house no probs.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • tlw1
    We are changing ours to BT after reading recommendations on here