froome

josame
josame Posts: 1,141
Well known TT overlord Quintana just took 30 seconds out of froome
'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'

Comments

• DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719
    I think he's doing the right thing - as long as he's an athlete he's got a reason to push his rehab as far as he can and he is going to be thankful of that in retirement.

As far as winning bike races again goes though doesn't look good does it - if he was early 20s you might think ride as a domestique for a couple of years and see if that strength returns but at his age after his success that seems an unlikely way to go.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • josame
    ddraver said:
    Yeah yeah - this was just a shock post that deserves it’s own thread 😆. Stick a fork in this one is done.
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    zooooom froooome put put put
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    josame said:

Yeah yeah - this was just a shock post that deserves it’s own thread 😆

It really doesn't. Where's FrenchFighter when you need him?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • josame
    Just for s&g lets compare Froome's time off with Lance Armstrong's false reirement. LA was near enough 38 when he came back in 09 and Froome is going to be 36 - LA was 'possibly' hitting the juice during all his pre TdF work but also recovering from a broken collarbone so I reckon we can say they are equal (bare with me :D). Froome aint gonna get anywhere near 3rd. So what does this prove?

Nothing - come to think of it I'm not sure why I brought it up........
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    wow!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    It's an incredible list.

I keep coming back to it and finding more nuggets.

I like how a good 2/3rds of the way in, which is the worst period possible on a turbo (as you are feeling like death but the finish is still a fair bit away), he drops Jack Johnson better together.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,132
    I'm on board with a lot of that, cracking pop songs, but finishing up with Nirvana followed by Two Hearts by Phil Collins?
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Apart from a bit of Gangsta, Nirvana and The Verve the whole list is horrendous. Utterly horrendous.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,579
    Fair to say Froome is someone not really into music. That playlist is someone just using background noise. Either 'shuffle' of compiled by someone else.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • rick_chasey
    omg i didn't even expand the list I thought it was 19 songs...! Bahahaha
  • MattFalle
    edited May 2021

Fair to say Froome is someone not really into music. That playlist is someone just using background noise. Either 'shuffle' of compiled by someone else.

understatement of the year my friend.

tbh though, i honestly think it is his choice of tunes - he doesn't seem the most interesting person in the world....

as we know, Boonen likes to get mad with it as well as win everything and generally be utterly cool - I can't really see Froome doing more than dressing like James May and having a - shock! horror! - second glass of wine.
  • kingstongraham
    I've analysed it and listened to the songs I don't know. I'd skip 3, 4, 9 (which is particularly heinous), 11, 16, 24, 27. A lot of it is just anonymous noise which is fine, but at least two of the pop songs there are on my Spotify most listened to 2020 list.

The Fray sound like what happens if you listen to Coldplay during your formative years. Really bad.

Who CHOOSES to listen to Coco Jamboo in their headphones???? If it's just there when you're by the pool, fair enough.

And if 27 were on my list, I would burn my phone and then myself.
  • MattFalle
    Musical related self immolation.

Nice.

• RichN95.
    Surely it's a list picked to do a job. Up tempo, upbeat, happy songs for the training. If this was his Desert Island Discs (and it maybe) then that's different.
  • kingstongraham
    RichN95. said:

Surely it's a list picked to do a job. Up tempo, upbeat, happy songs for the training. If this was his Desert Island Discs (and it maybe) then that's different.

I just listened to the Fray song and had to listen to Katy Perry to cleanse my upbeat soul.
  • rick_chasey
    RichN95. said:

Who listens to jack johnson on their turbo.

Seriously.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    TWO Carly Rae Jepsen songs...
  • bobmcstuff
    That The Fray song featured on a Grey's Anatomy episode where one of the main characters dies. I bet Froome loves it.
  • bobmcstuff
    I think if La Bamba came on while I was in the middle of a VO2 interval I would start crying
  • kingstongraham

Three. The Owl City song features Carly Rae Jepsen as well.

But if you don't like Call Me Maybe, you're lying to yourself.
  • bobmcstuff

Three. The Owl City song features Carly Rae Jepsen as well.

But if you don't like Call Me Maybe, you're lying to yourself.
    Probably won't be listening to it on the bike though!
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,817
    The Verve. On a turbo session. Really?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,596

RichN95. said:

Seriously.
    I just checked to make sure it wasn't in my workout playlist. Phew. 🤣
    I can see Better Together being a nice tempo for some out of the saddle climbing though.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Ska punk for the turbo every time.
  • RichN95.

RichN95. said:

Seriously.

I've never heard of him. I thought he was a boxer from the 1910s
  • rick_chasey
    edited May 2021
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSntFujR6Yw

One to get the heartrate up...?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,596
    edited May 2021
    RichN95. said:

RichN95. said:

Seriously.

I've never heard of him. I thought he was a boxer from the 1910s
    Hawaiian surfer from the 90s, now a musician.
    As I said, the song has a nice out of the saddle tempo but not one I've picked for my workout playlist. Tempo was the key word.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.