Routes near High Wycombe - HP15 area

I'm looking for some advice about off road routes in my local area. I know there are trail centres at Bracknell and Wendover but I'm more interested in longer, circular routes through the Chilterns. I'm not looking to test myself on anything particularly technical as I'll be riding my fully rigid 1990s MTB (although it coped with pretty much everything Hamsterley Forest threw at it back in the old days) until I can justify buying something new.

I know I could pick up an OS map and look for bridleways etc, but from past experience that only shows you where you can legally ride, not whether the route is actually suitable.

Comments

• crossed
    crossed Posts: 237
    There's plenty of XC type routes around the Chilterns, loads of bridleways etc.
    I've just moved to that area recently and the best thing I've found for routes is looking at Strava and downloading peoples rides from there.
  • crossed said:

I've just moved to that area recently and the best thing I've found for routes is looking at Strava and downloading peoples rides from there.

I'm obviously missing something as I'm struggling to find off road specific routes on Strava.
  • crossed said:

I'm obviously missing something as I'm struggling to find off road specific routes on Strava.
    Found what I was after on the app!
  • crossed
    crossed Posts: 237

crossed said:

I'll see if I can PM you a couple across if you want?
  • crossed said:

crossed said:

I'll see if I can PM you a couple across if you want?
    Thanks mate. If you can that would be great. I think I've found a few that I can do without driving anywhere and that don't involve too much tarmac.