Giro 2021:- Stage 8: Foggia – Guardia Sanframondi 170 km **Spoilers**

13»

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,811
    DCM spoil that
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Naww, Cofidis gets the win. That Cofidis guy looks like he is about 12.

Nice for them to finally get a win.
  • bobmcstuff
    EF on the front with Carthy looking up for it
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,530
    Classic. Finally get the little one to chill, wife upstairs reading, settle down to the last 15km of the stage, fall asleep
  • bobmcstuff
    Ineos picking it up now
  • bobmcstuff
    No gaps in the GC group - Valter should keep pink
  • rick_chasey
    A rare cofidis gt stage win.
  • bobmcstuff
    Whoever was making comments about Orla's legs yesterday, she's clearly read them as she is wearing a jumpsuit today (which my wife really likes, even though I think it looks a bit silly...)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,147
    edited May 2021
    Delete.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • bobmcstuff
    Just watching the Breakaway, they showed Campenaerts bridging to the break - was nice of that Lotto rider to drop back a few metres and give him a wheel for the last bit.
  • womack
    womack Posts: 566
    At last, Cofidis win something. Made up.
  • jimmyjams
    jimmyjams Posts: 709
    Last Cofidis Giro win in 2010?

Vervaeke drops down a few places in the GC top 10, Buchmann replaces Taaramäe as 15th, and Nibali now 16th.

Were Fabbro and Bilbao within 3 km when Fabbro touched the wheel in front of him, fell and brought Bilbao down? If so, must have been only just.
  • womack
    womack Posts: 566

"He's going to leave him behind. He's going to leave him behind!"

Thanks to whoever pointed this out, now I can't stop noticing.

He does it all the time

He does it all the time.

I am watching on S4c now but I bet he had a field day today with Gwuparmour at the head of the peloton.

I am watching on S4c now but I bet he had a field day today with Gwuparmour at the head of the peloton.
  • rick_chasey
    edited May 2021

Just watching the Breakaway, they showed Campenaerts bridging to the break - was nice of that Lotto rider to drop back a few metres and give him a wheel for the last bit.

Belgians look out for each other. They’re a bit of a mafia in the peloton.
  • Wiggo really has gone all in on the hipster look. I keep thinking he’s going to tell us about an obscure craft ale whilst listening to a band we haven’t heard of on vinyl.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,776
    Nice tussle.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,441

Same here. I can't work out if it is a new tick with him or whether he has always done it but someone mentioning it has made me aware. Either way it's really starting to grate.

On the plus side he seems to really be bringing the best out of Kelly who has gone from sounding like someone undergoing resistance to interrigation training a few years to chucking around jokes and anecdotes for fun lately.
  • Pross

Classic. Finally get the little one to chill, wife upstairs reading, settle down to the last 15km of the stage, fall asleep

I chucked it on with 100k to go, settled down with the new puppy and ended up sleeping most of the last 2 hours. Missed the winners but caught the GC favourites finishing. Missed all the excitement at the start, missed Gaviria crashing but did see the comedy tow back by the medical car..
  • bobmcstuff
    Pross said:

Same here. I can't work out if it is a new tick with him or whether he has always done it but someone mentioning it has made me aware. Either way it's really starting to grate.

On the plus side he seems to really be bringing the best out of Kelly who has gone from sounding like someone undergoing resistance to interrigation training a few years to chucking around jokes and anecdotes for fun lately.
    Lloyd gets more out of him too. Kind of leaves you with the impression he gets a bit frustrated with Kirby.

Also both Lloyd and Hatch ask slightly less daft/ more relevant questions than Kirby does, which probably helps.
  • bobmcstuff

Wiggo really has gone all in on the hipster look. I keep thinking he’s going to tell us about an obscure craft ale whilst listening to a band we haven’t heard of on vinyl.

You should see his Instagram
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,383
    edited May 2021
    How long has it been since Cofidis won something...important?

(World Tour, even when they werent world tour for example)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,776
    I liked the roadman interviews at the end. The lesser players in this sport often have a more honest take sometimes
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ddraver said:

Stage 6 of the Vuelta, 2019, Jesus Herrada
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,461
    Pross said:

I've only noticed it recently
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • RichN95.

ddraver said:

Guillaume Martin was KOM in the Vuelta last year
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,586
    Pross said:

I thought it was just me! :)

2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • RichN95.
    edited May 2021
    Nothing to do with cycling, but EF education's head physio Matt Rabin (and ex school chum of Wiggins) is a contestant on ITVs Saturday night game show Game of Talents
  • Pross
    RichN95. said:

Nothing to do with cycling, but EF education's head physio Matt Rabin (and ex school chum of Wiggins) is a contestant on ITVs Saturday night game show Game of Talents

Heard him mention cycling. Took a nice chunk of cash home too.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,811
    edited May 2021

ddraver said:

Who, just happened to get Cofidis's second win of the day, at the Challenge Mallorca leg finishing in Deia.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,924
    Pross said:

On Gaviria attacking at 37km to go

"He went early [in the sprint] yesterday, he's going earlier today"

On Gaviria getting back on with help from the team car

"Yes, well, not surprising really, he's got Toyota power"

“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!