saturday reminding you that space and time are not fundamental constituents of nature

'ning

forecast rain rain rain, more rain and rain

soggy ride, cafes, lazing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Much rain = painting

Later out in town with some friends and waterproofs
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dull and dank obviously rain on the horizon, Tigger walked , having a cuppa wondering what to do , ride and get wet or give a couple of the bikes a good clean and lube
    Have a good day
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Waiting in the car park while Mrs GTi gets her first vaccine. Day of relaxation, booking an appointment with an osteopath, diy ahead. Will take the hound for a walk later.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    More sorting and dumping: decorator due round soon to do some touch ups to make the place look nicer. Estate agents round early afternoon to sign the contract and talk timing/ photographer visit etc. The hounds are confused as this isn't the usual routine.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Not so slow start as taking the EPO for her second jab. Heading into Seano country.
    Apologies for the rain, my fault. I bought varnish to do the front door.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195

Heading into Seano country.

Don't drop litter or those little furry guys will give you jip.

Bah, raining. Though, will make for an interesting Jolly.

Got word that Porker bits will be back from the Powder Coaters on Tuesday.
    It's 21 deg c in... Finland!

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    pinno said:

Never drop litter, I'm a womble too. Seano country is Suburbiton, not so many wombles out here.
    H³, shout if your forks turn up over the weekend.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    edited May 2021

pinno said:

Never drop litter, I'm a womble too. Seano country is Suburbiton, not so many wombles out here.
    Thanks V. Will do. They were despatched yesterday, and are in the SW London depot having been prepared for delivery. Dunno if that's going to be today, tomorrow, or Monday.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I'm guessing Monday.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,607
    I expletive laden phrasing hate this weather.

Actually managed to sit outside for an hour in sunshine last night, lovely. Back to dismal, cold, wet, boring, depressing etc etc. 'kin L.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

Morning folks,
    Not so slow start as taking the EPO for her second jab. Heading into Seano country.

Doesn’t really need varnishing but you can can if you want. In Putney at the mo otherwise I’d have made you a cuppa while you worked 👍
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    seanoconn said:

Morning folks,

Doesn’t really need varnishing but you can can if you want. In Putney at the mo otherwise I’d have made you a cuppa while you worked 👍
    I could've done with the cuppa, hope the door still opens when the varnish has dried. Might have been better if the door was open I suppose.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121

pinno said:

Hoofing it down here.

Litter grr.
    Some bellend came up round the back of our houses yesterday, got out of his car, emptied the rubbish out of his pockets onto the verget then drove off. Next door's tree was in the way so didn't manage to get the reg and he'd gone before I could get out.

Went out for a walk in the hills last night and came back with both hands full of rubbish and couldn't pick up any of the rest of it, all appeared in the last 2 weeks.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,550

Pretty nippy this morning, but a sunny day at least. Much shed-based activity today, been making some very fine picture frames for Significant Other’s artwork. This place had some timber panelling which was a complete waste, so have been re-using it to make stuff worthy of it.

All “black heart sassafras”, shiplap boards.
    Looks like this stuff (in rough) and polishes up beautifully.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    So, after the MRI, they're pretty sure the wife has MS, but still have to wait for results of a lumbar puncture and a second MRI on the 25th May to be sure. She finally got out of hospital yesterday afternoon, only for us to have to take the boy to A&E in the evening after his temp spiked, he had a total white out and appeared to be stumbling. He appears to be fine, but wife still thinks there could be something wrong with his walking.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • veronese68
    FFS elbow, you're really not having much luck at the moment. Hope they get her sorted and the lad is ok.
    Spinner, why are all the boards number 3? Nice bit of wood, fnarr fnarr. What's the artwork?
    I've got a mount board and glass cutter for framing you can have for free. It's the one from when my old man had a framing shop. Shipping might be a little expensive though.
  • Wheelspinner

FFS elbow, you're really not having much luck at the moment. Hope they get her sorted and the lad is ok.
    Spinner, why are all the boards number 3? Nice bit of wood, fnarr fnarr. What's the artwork?
    I've got a mount board and glass cutter for framing you can have for free. It's the one from when my old man had a framing shop. Shipping might be a little expensive though.

I dunno, that pic was some veneer blanks for guitar bodies…

Other Half paints, in oils and acrylics, so I’m making frames for a few of them. I’m also going to do some display case type as well so the glass cutter would be useful….
  • Wheelspinner
    Crikey @elbowloh that’s a whole other world of worry. Hope all gets resolved for you and yours. 🤞🤞
  • seanoconn
    @elbowloh 😢
  • tlw1
    Elbow - shoot man
  • tlw1
    Set a strict budget for the camper van - may have just spent a bit more 😎
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    tlw1 said:

I think we might buy one...
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

Ooh, how much? Tell tell? I’ve been watching survival videos on YouTube so I’m your man if you get into Sh!t with bears etc.
  • seanoconn
    Elbow has turned me to drink. Shoot nights sleep last night and won’t be good tonight if I have a hang over come bedtime.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    tlw1 said:

Pics of this camper please. Better be a T2 or even a splitty.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Pics of this camper please. Better be a T2 or even a splitty.
    T(ish)

• tlw1

• seanoconn
    Survival tip. Don’t eat the grass but any red berries are fine.*

*Does not accept responsibility for any deaths that may occur.
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

Survival tip. Don’t eat the grass but any red berries are fine.*

*Does not accept responsibility for any deaths that may occur.

If I die, I won’t say a word about your advice
  • seanoconn
    👍

I envy you. The set up looks brilliant. Unfortunately I have one child that needs absolute silence to sleep, one child that sleeps through anything but snores and spins like the Tasmanian Devil all night and one wife that doesn’t feel comfortable bonking with two kids in the same space.