friday planning a party for the apocalypse

'ning

soggy, nippier and gloomier, no summer

ride, cafes, wfh, do stuff, laze, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, just started to rain as I got back with tigger, a cold wind to go with it, a trip to the garden centre this morning, no doubt it will turn into a days trip
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    Stones moved last night so ahead of the job schedule, yet somehow I feel more jobs will appear on the list.

Today is hounds, WFH and later is the local TT, legs aren’t recovered yet so will be a waste of time and money.

Then refuel with cider
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    tlw1 said:

Stones moved last night so ahead of the job schedule, yet somehow I feel more jobs will appear on the list.

Today is hounds, WFH and later is the local TT, legs aren’t recovered yet so will be a waste of time and money.

Might come and heckle so won't be a complete waste :smile:

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,394
    Someone needs to liven up the daily threads...

Bueller, Bueller, Bueller, anyone, anyone....
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,311
    edited May 2021
    seanoconn said:

It's something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUjslsQRRgA
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    ...and if the implication causes offence - bollox.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    edited May 2021
    Well I've already had an automated call from HMRC telling me there's a fraud case registered in my name and I need to press 1 to speak with the inspector. And an email from Robert Mugabe's wife who wants me to help her get $470m out of Zimbabwe. That's quite interesting :)

I'm going to think on it over my lunchtime fishcakes and mushy peas....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Had a late breakfast and an early lunch delivered to me during the same teams meeting, Christ I’m bored
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

Standard gym class around these parts.

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    ciao

been in a field. now avoiding head shed bods who have come to visit. will be going to sit in a car park waiting for bambina v v shortly.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    pinno said:

seanoconn said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUjslsQRRgA
    This one was good

https://youtu.be/ocsQlKz8mfI
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Afternoon ladies,

Another blue and sticky day. work is work. Somehow I have a jab tomorrow as there were left overs and they called the Dates school so she booked me on. Ruined my pub plans but c'est la vie.

Back to the pc, maybe escape later but first, coffee.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    oh PS - @Stevo_666 how happy will Rogers be there is no Gerrard to slip up in his current race for top 4.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Snuck out for a lunchtime pedal on a new route.
    Averaged over 30kph so feeling smug. Now proctrastinating - mainly looking at deeper wheels to impress MF, who I am almost certain to never meet.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Trip to dentist which was a WOFTAM. Allegedly nothing wrong that can be fixed, so will just see if it goes away.

Shopped for other stuff, including a large dead cow skin for the living room floor.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno

Averaged over 30kph so feeling smug. Now proctrastinating - mainly looking at deeper wheels to impress MF, who I am almost certain to never meet.

Go the full hog disc and pi$$ him off.
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

Full disc with disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    thistle_ said:

pinno said:

And Ultegra
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667

thistle_ said:

pinno said:

And Ultegra
    And wear a clubbie top obvs.

• veronese68
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Tried to fit a new expansion bung thing in carbon steerer. Exploded it. Put old one back in. Jammed it before it was anyway near loading up the bearings. Rounded off the bolt trying to get it out. Swore - took it to LBS, who said they could get it out, but probably wreck the steerer. Took it home, had the bright idea to saw it off, as I had 3 spacers on top of the stem, and was going to cut it down with V68's assistance anyway. Failed to be bright enough to leave enough steerer to attach a stem to, realised about a quarter of the way through. Swore even more.

Bought a new fork, a different expansion bung thing, various other bits & bobs. Will almost certainly be the wrong fork for some reason.

This is why I shouldn't fiddle with things. Ever. Because I'm an idiot.

:|
  • shirley_basso
    orraloon said:

thistle_ said:

pinno said:

And Ultegra
    And wear a clubbie top obvs.

Ultegra and rapha. White socks and shoes.
  • tlw1
    hopkinb said:

Tried to fit a new expansion bung thing in carbon steerer. Exploded it. Put old one back in. Jammed it before it was anyway near loading up the bearings. Rounded off the bolt trying to get it out. Swore - took it to LBS, who said they could get it out, but probably wreck the steerer. Took it home, had the bright idea to saw it off, as I had 3 spacers on top of the stem, and was going to cut it down with V68's assistance anyway. Failed to be bright enough to leave enough steerer to attach a stem to, realised about a quarter of the way through. Swore even more.

Bought a new fork, a different expansion bung thing, various other bits & bobs. Will almost certainly be the wrong fork for some reason.

This is so me
  • MattFalle
    MF recommends a set of Hunts to round off that ensemble.
  • hopkinb

Trip to dentist which was a WOFTAM. Allegedly nothing wrong that can be fixed, so will just see if it goes away.

Shopped for other stuff, including a large dead cow skin for the living room floor.

Just wasted 10 mins working out what is a WOFTAM. The irony is not lost on me.... :#
  • MattFalle
    hopkinb said:

nothing ventured nothing gained H3.

Just stick the old ones up for sale - someone with a small bike will buy them.
  • MattFalle
    sitting in a car park waiting for bambina.

i have, however, devised a new ratio to live my life by.

it is the the "bullsiht to reward ratio" and works thus:

if the bull associated with something outweighs the reward associated with the action, then you don't do it, and vice versa.

it has worked perfectly all day and I think I'm on a winner.

unfortunately it also works perfectly when thinking about my job......
  • shirley_basso
    MattFalle said:

On zipps for now. I believe my your road bikes thread earned a 'het'
  • veronese68
    Evening folks,
    TGIF! Just been out for a short walk, had an ulterior motive of looking for the bloke that made the female child cry, didn't find him which is probably just as well as I wasn't feeling very polite. She is ok, just a bit freaked out. She was riding her bike home and was passing a bloke pushing a motorbike when he turned across the road. She didn't have time to stop and barely hit him. Then he had the audacity to have a go at her. Now having a beer and unwinding.
    Luckily H³ is quite tall so his forks will by useable by someone.
    I think the MFs new ratio will see me unemployed if I think about it.
  • hopkinb

MattFalle said:

On zipps for now. I believe my your road bikes thread earned a 'het'
    Not sure there's a higher accolade.