thursday if you worry that you might be going too far, you have already not gone far enough

'ning

ride if dry out, cafe, wfh, cafe, giro, bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hounds, WFH with catering support, probably shifting some of the 5 tons of stone we have had delivered
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, lovely start to the day, cycling , dog waking, gardening, shopping etc
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    oxoman said:

No work for nearly 2wks. Start getting stuff ready for tour of Northumberland next week. Walk the Mutt, drop OH off at work and then relax. Trust you've got some pain killers in for later TLW when your back hurts after shifting that stone.

Enjoy the break away from the loons

Good idea re pain killers
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    tlw1 said:

Hounds, WFH with catering support, probably shifting some of the 5 tons of stone we have had delivered

What percentage of body weight did you lose in the past two days?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    @hopkinb

Do you think it’s safe/respectful enough to discuss the merits of naked wives again yet? 😂👍
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao!

Honking down here so intend to hunker down. Not sure what the day will bring but lets see.....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

I’m wearing the kids trousers today
  • seanoconn
    😂
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    seanoconn said:

@hopkinb

Do you think it’s safe/respectful enough to discuss the merits of naked wives again yet? 😂👍

Never doing it again.... :)
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Wet communt. Wetter now though. Draped wet kit around empty office.
    Wfw until a hoped-for break in the clouds at some point this afternoon. Weather will dictate route home.

• seanoconn
    hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

@hopkinb

Never doing it again.... :)
    I didn’t mean respectful to me btw. I meant the change of tone to the thread.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    The tone seems fine at the moment but wouldn't hurt to make it more interesting.

Poor Landa.

Standard blood test for me today.

[@Matthewfalle FBC, LFT, KFT, Gamma Gt's, thyroid]

I'm giving that grey cloud screwy fcuk off looks 'cos i'd like to cut the grass.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    tlw1 said:

seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

I’m wearing the kids trousers today
    Haven't the kids got one of those stretchy Superman outfits?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Slightly sore today as I had a little impromptu meeting with the tarmac last night.

I figured my drive chain was due a change and as I put the power down last night the slipped chain confirmed it as the bike went sideways underneath me.
    Luckily the traffic behind stopped until I collected myself and various bits off the road.
    Damage report: Scuffed Vector 3 pedal battery cap. Scuffed shifter. Scuffed rear mech. Tiny scrape to a brand new Oakley helmet. Dead saddle bag.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Oops. Sounds like you're mostly ok hd and could've been worse.
    This going outside stuff sounds dangerous to me.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162

Slightly sore today as I had a little impromptu meeting with the tarmac last night.

I figured my drive chain was due a change and as I put the power down last night the slipped chain confirmed it as the bike went sideways underneath me.
    Luckily the traffic behind stopped until I collected myself and various bits off the road.
    Damage report: Scuffed Vector 3 pedal battery cap. Scuffed shifter. Scuffed rear mech. Tiny scrape to a brand new Oakley helmet. Dead saddle bag.

Sounds expensive but could have been worse HD.

Looking out the window and thinking I'll ride my bike tomorrow instead. Got loads on anyway, so now dealing with idiots who don't understand M&A as opposed to idiots who don't understand transfer pricing.

Also enjoying making a point of declining meetings where people haven't bothered looking at my diary before fixing a time. If you can't be bothered to check, **** off.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Bounce back hd.

Lethargy bites. Feeling a little bit off colour, prob the immune system doing its thing post vacc #2. Chucking it down outside. Meh. Watch the Giro later.

Sort out some admin stuff on t'puter inc the d-2 extrication from the claws of British Gas. Quite how they have procedures which take daily smart meter readings, populate their app with usage and (alleged) £ data but haven't actually updated my account balance since November...? Maybe the last bit still done by ledgers and quill pens.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Cheers guys, I just wish Leyzene still did the clip on saddle bag which I broke rather than the Velcro jobbies which are available.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

you'll bounce back as always.

I don't think he needs to lose that much weight? :p
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    am soooooo bored.

utterly totally bored.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

Crashing fat is better than crashing skinny
  • tlw1
    Doing this for any midland based riders, always a good day out with lots of cake

http://www.shropshirehighlandchallenge.co.uk/
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    tlw1 said:

Doing this for any midland based riders, always a good day out with lots of cake

http://www.shropshirehighlandchallenge.co.uk/

i read as far as the mention of bad road surface, sounds like london, just sat outside a cafe watching unsuspecting drivers hit the flooded potholes, not sure i've seen a transit van bounce that high before

rain rain rain
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Wife still in hospital after spending the night on a trolley with no pillows or sheets and a Covid patient in the room opposite. Still waiting for an MRI as the machine is being serviced today, so more likely to be tomorrow. She can't go home as then she's an outpatient and therefore would have to wait weeks for the MRI (no I don't understand that either). Consultant now leaning more towards MS, but need the MRI and then a lumbar puncture to check if correct.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    She's having a very rough time, as are you 'loh.

Which hospital? I think you are London based. Seems like one to avoid.
  • tlw1
    😢 elbow
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

Crashing fat is better than crashing skinny
    It didn't seem to help me...
  • Stevo_666
    elbowloh said:

Wife still in hospital after spending the night on a trolley with no pillows or sheets and a Covid patient in the room opposite. Still waiting for an MRI as the machine is being serviced today, so more likely to be tomorrow. She can't go home as then she's an outpatient and therefore would have to wait weeks for the MRI (no I don't understand that either). Consultant now leaning more towards MS, but need the MRI and then a lumbar puncture to check if correct.

That's really crap Elbow. Hopefully it's something else and temporary/not as serious as it seems. Fingers crossed.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    wfw today, came in a little late as I had to drop the EPO off for a hospital appointment. Thankfully this gave me a good excuse to drive in. Now dealing with idiots and losing the will.
    Glad it's no worse HD, falling off hurts so I'm trying to avoid it. Hope everything works out Elbow, that really is an awful situation. Current restrictions making a bad situation even worse.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Blimey elbow, you’re all going through the wringer. At least a diagnosis would give you all something a bit more tangible to work with. Hope it arrives soon.