wednesday never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity

'ning

not nippy

ride, cafe, wfh, laze, get ticker tested, maybe bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, nice morning here, dog walked, boiler sorted out at last, no hail forecast today , riding this morning , gardening later
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Re thread title, I’ve got a teams call with operations, stupidity will be all around me

Great sleep, walk hounds, WFH and have to fend for myself again 🤬

Later is a run in the hills ish near us
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning

WFH
    Gym

Not really in the mood for anything this morning.

Last night was exciting playing with aerials in a thunderstorm :smile:
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Two days in the TWL house, he now seems to be struggling, dazed and confused.

Morning, normal day so far. chase up the dealership for an eta on my car. Will walk the dog to the coffee shop, staff are cute.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Morning. Legs still hurt from Monday’s run (what a stupid idea that was) so didn’t cycle in today. Generally peed off and fed up.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    tlw1 said:

...and have to fend for myself again 🤬

Cornflakes? At least no cooking is involved.

Wassup with ticker SG?
    Tell the Doc a pacemaker's no good as it'll keep the wife awake at night/spook the cat/interfere with your Garmin/LED lights.

Forecasters lied so will be pedalling instead mundane things.

Porker bits off to powder coaters today - yippee!

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Wassup with ticker SG?
    Tell the Doc a pacemaker's no good as it'll keep the wife awake at night/spook the cat/interfere with your Garmin/LED lights.
    slight oddity on gmc's routine healthcheck ecg, hopefully nothing but going to get a proper check, scan, exercise ecg etc., don't want to peg out on a volcano, mrs s and the cats need me
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    I'm fully involved with stupidity today. Good to see the penny dropping amongst some of them that transfer pricing isn't simple and you can't just stick profit where you like because it makes your budget look better. You stick it where I tell you to >:)

Onwards to tea and more annoying meetings.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    sungod said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Wassup with ticker SG?
    slight oddity on gmc's routine healthcheck ecg, hopefully nothing but going to get a proper check, scan, exercise ecg etc., don't want to peg out on a volcano, mrs s and the cats need me
    Hopefully all OK.
    Anomaly is probably that you're fitter than they expect you to be given all the bubbly and cafes.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    sungod said:

pinno said:

tlw1 said:

Wassup with ticker SG?
    slight oddity on gmc's routine healthcheck ecg, hopefully nothing but going to get a proper check, scan, exercise ecg etc., don't want to peg out on a volcano, mrs s and the cats need me but most importantly the daily thread and my beloved BB brethren need me.
    FTFY
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    sungod said:

'ning

not nippy

Hope everything is ok @sungod

Kudos for dropping it into the sentence in that way though. Between lazing and bubbly seems like the best time for it.
  • Stevo_666
    johngti said:

sungod said:

'ning

not nippy

Hope everything is ok @sungod

Kudos for dropping it into the sentence in that way though. Between lazing and bubbly seems like the best time for it.
    And here was me thinking his Rolex was losing time...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo_666 said:

I'm fully involved with stupidity today. Good to see the penny dropping amongst some of them that transfer pricing isn't simple and you can't just stick profit where you like because it makes your budget look better. You stick it where I tell you to >:)

Quite right.

I just chaired our annual regional tax conference, 3 hours of online fun and frolics.

Hope ticker ticks correctly for the tester sg.

• pinno
    hopkinb said:

Hope ticker ticks correctly for the tester sg.

Yeah - when your resting pulse is 32 it's because you're a cylerist. Tell 'em.

• pinno
    edited May 2021
    Good ride. Headwind out, headwind home. In between the two was a 45 min chat with another petrol head. He used to be a long wind runnerist. Wind switched. That was not in the contract.
    Did chase a tractor though and tractor farmer bloke stopped and asked me lots of silly questions regarding draughting in a thick narden eyerlan tongue. Quite a funny conversation.
    Pleasing really, considering that most of the time cyclists are an inconvenience to them.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    ciao

freezing cold, starving hungry, tired. about to buy every bit of food Edeyn has.

hope all ecg stuff is cool.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Not much to report.
    I've no dog to walk, don't do any cooking and the weather has already been covered.
    Been for a bike ride though and didn't get wet.
    Damn you, Caption Competition. You ticed me back and then I posted in Cake Stop after promising that I wouldn't and consequently, now I feel dirty.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Is that a less than subtle plug for a win in the capt comp? Need to do much better than that. Follow the Toryboys ways, or indeed old school Toryboys ways with brown envelopes.

Full work work day just completed. Tired now: due to work work or AZ vacc #2 yesterday? Not much in way of side effects apart from a minor arm ache. Wah, I want com-pen-say-shun.

Coffee in the sunshine now, then get sorted pre yet another in the wondrous experience series of the online virtual drinks meet with pals.
  • thistle_
    Finally got an invite for a Covid jab, either that or it's some scam to get my email address although they seem to know where I live and my GP's details so email is the last of my worries.
    Times all in UTC+0 apparently. Not sure if that's just a cock up - will ask later as I'm going there anyway for something else.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Wfm today, had a video call to discuss her finances. Been for a short walk with the EPO and heading to the pub later. That's the good bits, unfortunately also had to deal with too much stupid.
    Hope ticker is tickety tock SG
  • ballysmate
    orraloon said:

Is that a less than subtle plug for a win in the capt comp? Need to do much better than that. Follow the Toryboys ways, or indeed old school Toryboys ways with brown envelopes.

Full work work day just completed. Tired now: due to work work or AZ vacc #2 yesterday? Not much in way of side effects apart from a minor arm ache. Wah, I want com-pen-say-shun.

Coffee in the sunshine now, then get sorted pre yet another in the wondrous experience series of the online virtual drinks meet with pals.

Not at all. I'd have thought a man of your experience would have learnt that it is best to finish as an also ran in the caption comp. That way you don't have to post a pic.
    Also note that I waited until you had picked a winner until I pointed this out. ;)
  • pinno
    edited May 2021

Not much to report.

You do know that is no excuse and there's no obligation to post in Cake Stop.
    And... you can always say what you are having for your dinner.

So wherethefuckhaveyewbeen?

• Stevo_666

Not much to report.
    I've no dog to walk, don't do any cooking and the weather has already been covered.
    Been for a bike ride though and didn't get wet.
    Damn you, Caption Competition. You ticed me back and then I posted in Cake Stop after promising that I wouldn't and consequently, now I feel dirty.

I think we're doing a decent job of making Cake Stop a bit more interesting with the theads like the Brit awards.
  • Stevo_666
    thistle_ said:

Finally got an invite for a Covid jab, either that or it's some scam to get my email address although they seem to know where I live and my GP's details so email is the last of my worries.
    Times all in UTC+0 apparently. Not sure if that's just a censored up - will ask later as I'm going there anyway for something else.

If the link is to some website called accurx.thirdparty.nhs.uk then its probably kosher.
  • ballysmate
    pinno said:

Not much to report.

Not been anywhere mate, nowhere to go.. My life is dull, even by Bottom Bracket standards. Have I missed much? No, don't answer that, I think I can guess. :)
    I always thought that is what Facebook was invented for, showing pictures of your dinner. I don't do that either. But if someone out there invents antisocial media, sign me up!
    Missus has just done some pancakes to tide me over til I have a jalfrezi later on. Does that count as news?

How am yer? as they say round these parts.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318

pinno said:

Not much to report.

Not been anywhere mate, nowhere to go.. My life is dull, even by Bottom Bracket standards. Have I missed much? No, don't answer that, I think I can guess. :)
    I always thought that is what Facebook was invented for, showing pictures of your dinner. I don't do that either. But if someone out there invents antisocial media, sign me up!
    Missus has just done some pancakes to tide me over til I have a jalfrezi later on. Does that count as news?

You missed Missus seano in just a pair of heels the other day.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    thanks chaps

synopsis:, two professors and a lovely nurse, all most scientific, tests one and two are to check that test three probably won't kill you, test three tries to kill you, ticker still ticking, all oojah-cum-spiff

bubbly
  • ballysmate
    seanoconn said:

pinno said:

Not much to report.

You missed Missus seano in just a pair of heels the other day.
    Just heels? Or the full works? Obviously a pic would be great but if no pic available a detailed description will do. If it was heels, tatty dressing gown and curlers, please just make something up.

• elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    So today has been a shitty day. Wife's symptoms took a turn for the worse, with now having blurred vision in one eye and she's back at hospital. Latest theory is she had a minor stroke 5 weeks ago when this all kicked off. This could possibly have been picked up at the time when she had a CT scan, but they didn't do it properly with contrast (waste of everyone's time and NHS money to have done it without). Now waiting for an MRI scan.

Apparently A&E are only allowed to ask for two MRIs per day, no matter what turns up at their door.

I'm not allowed to be there and anyway need to be at home as two year old has a high temperature and feeling poorly. She also cant currently have our 10 week old with her.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • ballysmate
    That sounds beyond shitty Elbow.
    Best of luck and best wishes for Mrs Elbow.