monday at the temple of minerva

'ning

still mild

bang out some hill repeats, cafes, wfh, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, mild , dog walked, and fed , having a coffee, gas man coming to service the boiler will have to wait in for him, rain forecast the late morning/ afternoon, it doesn’t look very promising for a ride today
    Have a good day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Temple of Minerva? That's round the corner from the office.

WFH
    Yoga
    WFH
    Undecided, might go to the gym :hushed:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hounds walked, work started, already bored on this teams call - hence posting.

Later is undecided, but probably looking at campers
    vans
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    edited May 2021
    tlw1 said:

vans <</b>/blockquote>

I can help you spend your disposable income if you’re that bored T.

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Balls, why is my bit in bold.
  • thistle_
    seanoconn said:

Balls, why is my bit in bold.

No idea
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    ciao

In the gym listening to PJ Harvey. Bit if a run around day coming up but shouldn't be too bad.

Not a lot else to report at the mo' tbh....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Monday again.

Wfh. Lunch. Wfh.

Mustn't forget to book shower so I can ride and wfw tomorrow.
  • MattFalle
    Book shower?
  • tlw1
    seanoconn said:

tlw1 said:

vans <</b>/blockquote>

I can help you spend your disposable income if you’re that bored T.

It ok, I’ve got an app sorry meant wife for that
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    hopkinb said:

Monday again.

Wfh. Lunch. Wfh.

Mustn't forget to book shower so I can ride and wfw tomorrow.

Odd rule, why can't you just use an empty one?

Stropteen is back for a week to get some peace while revising for her exams. And free food and washing etc. I'm doing the usual with an action packed week ahead...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    The rain's back. Again. Just for a change. Fantastic spring so far.

Off at lunchtime, assuming the un-cracked trains are running as they should, to my favourite Eye Hospital for another set of scans, photos, 3Ds et al in the bad eye. And the wheel goes around again. Life eh.
  • hopkinb
    MattFalle said:

Book shower?

Yep. The showers are in an independent (Nuffield I think) gym in the basement of the building. Only 6 people allowed in the gym/shower in any 2 hour slot - you get a marked bay and allocated a shower. They have to book a cleaner to sanitise the equipment, changing area and shower after each user, and if you don't book ahead, they don't book the cleaner.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    All these roolz ^.

Yep, soggy out there. I think there's a gap in the rain tomorrow that may satisfy the pedalling urge.
    sungod said:

bang out some hill repeats...

I presume this is in anticipation of the volcano?

A whole load of loose ends to tie up today, mundane but simultaneously important.
    Blood test Thursday. Always gives me the heebie jeebies.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    pinno said:

All these roolz ^.

Yep, soggy out there. I think there's a gap in the rain tomorrow that may satisfy the pedalling urge.

sungod said:

bang out some hill repeats...

I presume this is in anticipation of the volcano?
    more that it's the best option for an hour's 'effort' weekdays to retain fitness, done pretty much every morning since lockdown one started

as i live in the middle of london, there're no long-fast flats/loops, hyde park is useless, and pandemic regent's park is choked with slow/dangerous groups getting in the way, that leaves big ring hill repeats in hampstead/highgate, there's not much traffic first thing

volcano time shouldn't be far off though, april flights canned, may ones sure to follow as spain still closed for non-eu, but looking ok for the backup flights in june, for all the flack they get, ba make it very easy to cancel/rebook
  • pinno
    Well SG. You could stay here:

https://www.knockinaamlodge.com

(Famous for hosting Roosevelt and Churchill secretly during the war)

Country hotel of the year multiple times.
    Then you can get fit by battling the wind, the hills and the rough roads.
    In fact, the hotel sits at the bottom of a long climb so to leave the place, you're heading up.
    On the plus plus side, there's miles of very quiet single track roads to discover (whilst negotiating sheep and cattle grids).

Scroll down the page and you'll se a smiling face - that's Tony. He's a cnut but a very good chef.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Morning people.

Dog walked, email shit show going on with work. Weekend had a good ride and bought the car. Zwift later.

Gambling on the Scottish weather, what could go wrong eh
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    As I was absent for the weekend it went like this:
    Friday swim, got soaked.
    Saturday run, got soaked.
    Sunday ride, got soaked.
    Triathlon is getting on my moobs now.

Rode again this morning though, full on headwind up the vale but at least I missed the rain.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

MattFalle said:

Book shower?

Yep. The showers are in an independent (Nuffield I think) gym in the basement of the building. Only 6 people allowed in the gym/shower in any 2 hour slot - you get a marked bay and allocated a shower. They have to book a cleaner to sanitise the equipment, changing area and shower after each user, and if you don't book ahead, they don't book the cleaner.

We must be living dangerously - just rock up on your nbike and go into the changes/shower. It's never too busy.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Afternoon. In work, finishing off a year 12 exam. Getting properly irritated with members of the department always morning. It’s like my carefully crafted positive office environment is being pulled down around me by a sod who’s leaving anyway. All insidious, messages to other members of the team (who should know better) behind my back so no evidence trail. All very juvenile and ridiculous. Like there’s not enough stress in life anyway.

Also brought a suit and shoes in that can stay in work, new lock arriving this afternoon that I can bring in and leave tomorrow so on Wednesday I can start having rides into work. I only live a 10 minute walk away so tend to try to do a 45 minute loop in the mornings when I ride. And I’ll be having a run at the end of the day.
  • hopkinb
    edited May 2021
    pinno said:

In fact, the hotel sits at the bottom of a long climb so to leave the place, you're heading up.
    On the plus plus side, there's miles of very quiet single track roads to discover (whilst negotiating sheep and cattle grids).

Scroll down the page and you'll se a smiling face - that's Tony. He's a cnut but a very good chef.

Some bizarre @rse-about-face pricing on that wine list. Bog standard Moet - £117 - easily obtainable for £25 if you wait for the offers. Krug '88 - £290, very difficult to obtain anywhere for < £800.

I doubt that even the cut-price Krug will tempt someone as committed to the catching of rays as sungod to holiday in Stranraer...
  • thistle_

As I was absent for the weekend it went like this:
    Friday swim, got soaked.

I'd be more concerned if you managed a swim without getting wet

• pinno
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

Some bizarre @rse-about-face pricing on that wine list. Bog standard Moet - £117 - easily obtainable for £25 if you wait for the offers. Krug '88 - £290, very difficult to obtain anywhere for < £800.

I doubt that even the cut-price Krug will tempt someone as committed to the catching of rays as sungod to holiday in Stranraer...
    Money is immaterial to SG.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

cheap krug, mmm, bit of a trek though
  • tlw1
    sungod said:

hopkinb said:

pinno said:

But you would get to meet pinno.......
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

sungod said:

hopkinb said:

pinno said:

But you would get to meet pinno.......
    Its easier just to watch this rather than travel all that way.

https://youtu.be/w2jFpdWSOvc
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Yeah Monday. Actually had an almost reasonable day yesterday, ticked off a few jobs in the shed and even found some mojo to do a turbo ride for 50 minutes, longest in a fair while.

Today however? Fasting this morning as I was in for the thrill of a whopping great needle or two in the neck, with a dose of radiation on the side.

This was a C4 facet joint block one, to see if they can make any dent on the literal pain in the neck I've had for so many years. Local anaesthetic certainly helped for a few hours, hope the actual cortisone or whatever it was does the same trick for 6 months or so.

Next up, possible foraminal block injection a bit lower down to help with the pins and needles and numbness in the arm.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • MattFalle

Yeah Monday. Actually had an almost reasonable day yesterday, ticked off a few jobs in the shed and even found some mojo to do a turbo ride for 50 minutes, longest in a fair while.

Today however? Fasting this morning as I was in for the thrill of a whopping great needle or two in the neck, with a dose of radiation on the side.

This was a C4 facet joint block one, to see if they can make any dent on the literal pain in the neck I've had for so many years. Local anaesthetic certainly helped for a few hours, hope the actual cortisone or whatever it was does the same trick for 6 months or so.

Next up, possible foraminal block injection a bit lower down to help with the pins and needles and numbness in the arm.

#ouch

good luck WS. Remember medicinal vino rosso post procedure.
  • MattFalle
    as an aside, young people, fuckoff. your sickening enthusiasm and syconphantic panderings are not appealing to me. it actually says to me you should get a life.
  • seanoconn
    MattFalle said:

as an aside, young people, fuckoff. your sickening enthusiasm and syconphantic panderings are not appealing to me. it actually says to me you should get a life.

How dare you!