sunday wherein that which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence

'ning

looks like the mildest start since last year, no winter gear required, just need it to stay dry

long ride, cafes, cakes or toast or both, laze, flat giro, bring on the mountains

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Will be testing sungod's assertion of mildness and my new headset bearings shortly with a spin. I'm still going to wear warmers and gloves. They can always go in a pocket.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Taking the SUP out on Windermere, then point the van southwards and homeward bound.

Need to replace calories, thinking cider will help
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Up early enough for a ride. Seems nice but the weather app says to expect drizzle in the next hour. Don’t know if I cba with that.

Last of the birthday treats for Mrs GTI this afternoon - an afternoon tea in the park. Ended up ripping the old fireplace out yesterday so will need to do a bit more repair work etc.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    We're going to Maldon Victorian Promenade today, lots of kids stuff there.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • hopkinb
    Bloody mild out. Warmers were pocketed. Quite a rapid 2 up 50km.

@veronese68, headset smooth as silk, but I think I've diagnosed the racket from the front wheel, it's the valve rattling about in its hole. It's an 80mm one, so no threaded nut. Might try a bit of waterproof sealant round the base. Shouldn't stop me being able to hoick it out in the event of a puncture, and be a bit more permanent than blu tack.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    hopkinb said:

@veronese68, headset smooth as silk, but I think I've diagnosed the racket from the front wheel, it's the valve rattling about in its hole. It's an 80mm one, so no threaded nut. Might try a bit of waterproof sealant round the base. Shouldn't stop me being able to hoick it out in the event of a puncture, and be a bit more permanent than blu tack.

Electrical insulation tape round the valve stem will fix it
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    hopkinb said:

insulating tape on valve stem, or a bit of thin sleeving

resisted urge to stop for brekkie, next is cafe stroll to replace some calories
  • hopkinb
    Thanks WS. Ah, I think I have some in a drawer.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    hopkinb said:

Blue Hylomar.

Bit cloudy, drizzly and mild.
    Bit of a loose end today.

Unbolted a few items from Porker#1 ready for the powder coaters. Hopefully picked up tomorrow.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644

hopkinb said:

Electrical insulation tape round the valve stem will fix it
    this exactly.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • MattFalle
    ciao

sitting in a car park waiting for bambino who is tennis'ing

was going to weights or zwift but started looking for lawnmowers with TDV instead. if i can get my backside in gear will do one or other while watching the Giro later.
  • MattFalle
    As an aside

Two poshest sounding people I have ever heard just walked past.

"Yes, nana is in hospital. just had her hip replaced."

"oh dear. how long did she wait for that? i understand that there is a year's waiting list"

"oh, not long. well, she's friends with Matt Hancock, so I suppose that helps".

#fuckthetories
  • pinno
    Or they saw you coming.
  • MattFalle
    nah. they're just posh, innit.
  • sungod
    MattFalle said:

nah. they're just posh, innit.

not if they're friends of hancock
  • sungod
    tour of algarve is on, sunnier than the giro, think i recognise some of the roads

smooth roads, warm sun, sigh
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed. Might do a bit of light pottering.
    Think I have a split plastic grommet that would silence your valve H³. But insulating tape will do the job.
    Glad the headset was good, although I still think it may settle and work loose so keep an eye for the first few rides.
    Does wanksock have friends or just acquaintances that take advantage of some vague connection if they need treatment for someone.
    Should probably get my ears lowered.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Off for a pootle in the greyness, at least it's milder. Daughter has bottled it, hungover after too much bottling yesterday. So no excuse for soft pedalling. Onwards.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    MattFalle said:

As an aside

"oh dear. how long did she wait for that? i understand that there is a year's waiting list"

#fuckthetories

Probably a way of saying they have a BUPA policy, which ain't that special. I could get mine done sharpish if I needed to, but its probably more relevant for Pinno.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Summer sneaked in - us and dogs were overheating a bit on the walk this morning. 'Bout time too.

More sorting stuff soon - back to part 2 of loft junk.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

As an aside

#fuckthetories

Probably a way of saying they have a BUPA policy, which ain't that special. I could get mine done sharpish if I needed to, but its probably more relevant for Pinno.
    Going fo hash fo go privatsche for fe toofs jobs.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

MattFalle said:

As an aside

#fuckthetories

Going fo hash fo go privatsche for fe toofs jobs.
    Wish I could have done recently - first thing it said on the exclusions list for dental work in my BUPA policy was 'No bloody implants'. But I have had a couple of ops on their tab in my time so I've had my moneys worth.
  • MattFalle
    having repeatedly broken myself over the years I'm very happy to say that I've got my money worths from BUPA
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    MattFalle said:

having repeatedly broken myself over the years I'm very happy to say that I've got my money worths from BUPA

I refused to join the "free" work scheme because it's not free because you get taxed on it and being young, fit and healthy could never see any need for it.

Might join it this year seeing as my back and hips are now fkd and the new local NHS physio isn't as good as the last one.