Forum home Road cycling forum Road general

Summer long bib tights. Suggestions and availability.

oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,422
Morning folks, I'm after summer bibtight longs for an upcoming 5 day ride. Normally use shorts but weathers not looking the best at the minute. I can find loads of winter style which I've already got enough of tbh, I don't get on with leg or arm warmers so non starter for me. Looking for good quality and also padded ones. I've looked online and nothing appears available. Anyone seen anything available.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• mrb123mrb123 Posts: 3,254
    Castelli LW are their lighter weight option. No idea about stock.
  • singletonsingleton Posts: 1,960
    As mrb123 says, Castelli LW are worth a look, and also these from DHB. Both have lighter fabrics in places:

dhb Aeron Lab Equinox Bib Tight
    https://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-aeron-lab-equinox-bib-tight

Castelli Light Winter 2 Bib Tight
    https://www.wiggle.co.uk/castelli-light-winter-2-bib-tight-lw2
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,422
    Cheers. Looked at the castelli,s but not a lot of stock from a quick look round and sods law not in my size. I've decided to give the DHB,s a try. I do an early morning commute so might be better suited than my current gore ones.
  • pilot_petepilot_pete Posts: 2,081
    Personally go for roubaix bib shorts and leg warmers. Gives more versatility, especially in changeable conditions.
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,422
    Mrb I looked at these but struggled with finding the right size, since found what I think is the right size. Have you got them and how do you find the sizing. The size chart seems to favour more athletic shaped people.
  • mrb123mrb123 Posts: 3,254
    oxoman said:

Mrb I looked at these but struggled with finding the right size, since found what I think is the right size. Have you got them and how do you find the sizing. The size chart seems to favour more athletic shaped people.

Haven't tried them I'm afraid - just spotted them and thought they'd be relevant to the thread.

Lusso pretty good at dealing with enquiries in my experience so maybe drop them a line.