Strange Noise

I am a veteran and I haven't replaced my road bike for 14 years. Recently I lashed out and bought new from Wiggle. I have never had any problems before and the new bike is great.....except. It is fitted with a Sunrace CS-RX1 11-32T cassette. Every time after freewheeling and then reapplying pressure on the pedals I get a loud click from the rear wheel. I have checked the spokes which are all ok and there is no other visible defect. I am just wondering if this is something normal or is it a problem that needs sorting. Wiggle are being a bit vague and non-committal. Help please.

Comments

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Have you tried a different rear wheel?

is everything tight?
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    What the MFs said, try a different wheel if you can. How many miles have you done? Has it done it from new?
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,411
    What is the bike and more specifically what are the wheels and hub make? Sounds like the pawls in the freehub not engaging quickly enough. Might be down to insufficient grease from factory or maybe just need a bit of bedding in. You say it is new? How many miles you done? If it’s still doing it after 100 then send it back.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Could be the cassette not tightened up enough.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    flasher said:

Yes, was going to suggest this. Had that experience, noise went away once I'd tightened it up.
  • womack
    womack Posts: 566
    flasher said:

+1 for that suggestion, have had the same experience in the past.
  • womack said:

flasher said:

+1 for that suggestion, have had the same experience in the past.
    This.

Your bike - is it a Vitus Vitesse btw?
  • Vitus Zenium. I am very interested to hear your experience. Fortunately live only 20 miles from Wiggle HQ. So I might be putting it in the car and let them sort it out. Thanks
  • I don't personally have a Vitus (other thana 979 back in 1988!) but was looking at them online a while back - remembered that they had sunrace cassettes that's all.