saturday some exclaimed that they ought to take vengeance on him at once and not suffer such perfidy

'ning

a nippy deluge, think i shall skip ride

possibly a cafe stroll, definitely much laziness, perhaps giro, though it's just a tt stage
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, milder , drizzly rain forecast looks dreadful good job the giro starts today
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    May take vengeance on that noisy peacock that enjoyed making a racket all night.

Not raining yet, but it’s close. Grab some breakfast at the start and off we go at 6 around a lake and into the hills (ish)

• tlw1

• MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Ciao

Honking. Ride cancelled. Zwift then popping off to see the son of an acquaintance who us just about to start a paramedic degree to give him some pointers/advice - ie it isn't that glam my son.....
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Bore da. Not got much planned. Might start removing a fire place to ascertain what repairs are needed to the wall for a new one. Might pop to Aldi to get some packs of rice/grains for lunches this week. Might get some glazing sealant from Screwfix for fixing the glass in the summer house. Could always take the older GTi boy for a haircut. Giro later for a bit. Who knows? Excitement is lacking.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Morning. Got to wait for missus to finish housework (I offer to help but am not good enough) before cocktails. She’s agreed to dress up for me later so should be a good day.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

May take vengeance on that noisy peacock that enjoyed making a racket all night.

Not raining yet, but it’s close. Grab some breakfast at the start and off we go at 6 around a lake and into the hills (ish)

Good luck 🤞
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Weather could be better so supping a tea until the rain eases off a bit, then it's out with the hounds followed by more sorting and trips to the tip & charity shop. Mrs. 666 has been ringing estate agents to find more places to look at and lining up a couple of handymen to get the place looking shipshape before we put it on sale.

On the plus side, haven't noticed any side effects from my second jab yesterday, apart from a small bruise on my arm and waking up early. Roll on pub weather :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    We're staying in until the rain clears and then playing crazy golf!
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Enjoying a traditional slow start, weather looks miserable so little motivation to move. Off to the old dear's later to sort a few bits out with big sis. Can pop round to see H³ if weather improves, will take tools just in case.
    Similar to Stevo I have a slightly bruised feeling arm, other than that no I'll effects. Will check on the 5g signal when I go out.
    Hope TLW is enjoying himself, he is completely mad of course.
  • MattFalle
    Just getting some lobsters.

As an aside, Ugo is moaning about a Welsh tv channel broadcasting in Welsh....
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    mrs s grumpy because the gym was rammed, resisted temptation to say 'i told you so'

ordered some more tax-free bike bits from the germans

time for a pre-giro stroll

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Why is it so bleepin' cold? It's May. I blame Spaffer.

Bit of lunchtime chauffeuring familial duties then sit on arris watching the spectacularly interesting TT 1st stage. Busy day.
  • MattFalle
    Sitting in Edwyn's car park

its now too late to go for a ride so its stopped raining and the sun has come out....
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    It'll be that damn Cavani bloke, no hang on Gianni... wait, Ganna, that's it.
    The rest needn't bother.

Gopping here too. Glad I went yesterday for a pedal.

Just watched 4 episodes of Project Binky.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    ...and in between started the bread - 80% white, 20% Granary plus a tsp of Sesame seeds.
  • orraloon
    pinno said:

...and in between started the bread - 80% white, 20% Granary plus a tsp of Sesame seeds.

My usual mix is 70% wholemeal, 30% white plus seeds assorted, sunflower, pumpkin, linseed, whatever have in cupboard.

Had a good chat yesterday at the pub sesh with a local microbrewer who was dropping off some casks. Friendly guy. He has a local baker, small scale, who will use some of his residue beer to make sourdough bread. He flogs these off at £4.50 per!

Landlord then gave our table a loaf plus butter to sample. Lovely, very moreish. Malty taste as well. Gets me thinking to try a beer instead of water in my (non sour) breadmaking, see what flavours can get.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

My usual mix is 70% wholemeal, 30% white plus seeds assorted, sunflower, pumpkin, linseed, whatever have in cupboard.

Not keen on wholemeal TBH.
    orraloon said:

Gets me thinking to try a beer instead of water in my (non sour) breadmaking, see what flavours can get.

Interesting. Let me know how you get on with that. When I make Paneer, I have leftover buttermilk I use for the bread.

Normally, I use 50% milk, 50% hot water.

• orraloon
    Now here's a thing. While parking up after Dad's taxi duties carried out, I notice this white Tesla whispering around the corner. A white Tesla! D'ye think a certain Cargobike once of this parish is stalking me? After all, with his track record of claimed hard nut exploits I reckon I should be worried.
  • tlw1

Feck that was cold, fun but soggy and damp
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    tlw1 said:

censored that was cold, fun but soggy and damp

If you ran the right way up, it would be easier!

Congrats. Enjoy the cider.
  • hopkinb
    Thanks V for the headset bearing assistance and instruction. Always good to see you!

Bought 2x sram cassettes, 1x sram big ring, 1xcarbon steerer bung thing, 1x saddle. Oops. I only meant to get the bung.

Should really buy bigger kit.
  • tlw1
    hopkinb said:

tlw1 said:

Easy is boring 😂
  • seanoconn
    Picked up the new McLaren today. Anyone want a look?
  • seanoconn
    tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

tlw1 said:

Easy is boring 😂
    How many miles/km? All good?
  • hopkinb
    seanoconn said:

Show us yer mcclaren. Is it a car? Or just a baby relative called mclaren?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    seanoconn said:

Maclaren? ;) Don't go all CB on us.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    Is it a white McLaren?
  • seanoconn

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    hopkinb said:

seanoconn said:

Show us yer mcclaren. Is it a car? Or just a baby relative called mclaren?
    Don't they make baby buggies?

Good to see you too. Walked back from the old dear's, quite muggy but didn't get rained on. Found some memories in the loft that made us laugh.
    Well done TLW, still think you're bonkers.