Choosing Gravel Bike dilemma

Hi All,

I'm currently looking at two options: Cannodale Topstone 1 (alloy) ans Fuji Jari 1.1 (alloy).
The things is, I really like a lot Cannondale Topstone, they way it looks and etc but Cannondale size M doesn't fit me well, I feel slightly stretched on it, where the Fuji Jari 1.1 I like less but in size M it fits me well.

So here is the dilemma:
To go for the bike I really like (Cannondale) then play with stem and try to adapt it to fit me well or go for the bike I like less (Fuji Jari 1.1) which fits me well straight away.

What is you thoughts? What would you do in my situation ? :smile:

Cheers !

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,616
    I would ask the shop to put a shorter stem on the Cannondale so I could try it with that.
  • rsmrnd61
    rsmrnd61 Posts: 11
    mrb123 said:

I would ask the shop to put a shorter stem on the Cannondale so I could try it with that.

I have already been to that shop several times to try to sit on the bike, if I will come again and will ask them to swap the stem not sure if they will like it :smiley:
  • mrb123
    rsmrnd61 said:

mrb123 said:

I have already been to that shop several times to try to sit on the bike, if I will come again and will ask them to swap the stem not sure if they will like it :smiley:
    You're the customer. If you're serious about buying the bike then the shop should be perfectly happy to do that for you.
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,497
    rsmrnd61 said:

mrb123 said:

Explain to them what you have said on here - they will have a motivation to make you comfortable on the bike so that you buy it from them.
  • mrb123
    Just don't ask them to dick around with the stem and then buy the bike from somewhere else!
  • Onegear
    Onegear Posts: 76
    Yeah if you ask for this you should be fairly certain to buy from them.

Alternatively, and i know this is rudimentary, but if you know your fit and you know the stock stem is 110mm, shifting your hands back 1cm from the hoods would give you 100mm stem, etc etc. If you go below 90 to fit comfortably i wouldnt bother with that size (you run into issues with stems shorter than that) . Again its very rough guesswork for the hoods as drops will be a bit harder to sim. Best to have an idea of what length stem you do need (for this frame) before you go in.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    mrb123 said:

rsmrnd61 said:

mrb123 said:

You're the customer. If you're serious about buying the bike then the shop should be perfectly happy to do that for you.

this.

you're about to drop a load of cash with them.

change stem or bollox to them and go elsewhere.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • wotnoshoeseh
    wotnoshoeseh Posts: 531
    Sorry, but if Medium size feels too large, could you not just try the next size down?