Shimano Brake pads

Hey guys,
Anyone recommend some good ones for my Ultegra groupset please that do not cost crazy money? Loads on Amazon but wondered what the Oracle here recommend please?
Best, Steve

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    Disc or rim brakes? If rim brakes, aluminium or carbon wheels?
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Shimano own brand are very good for rim brakes.

Otherwise swisstop blue - but I've found they take a bit to bed in on new wheels.
  • Kaiser Sose
    Kaiser Sose Posts: 90
    Rim guys, sorry I should have said
  • Kaiser Sose
    Kaiser Sose Posts: 90
    ..and aluminum rims
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    Second vote for Swiss Stop blue, decent all round performance and not as messy as Shimano in the wet.
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,512
    I used to never use Shimano pads (was always underwhelmed) but just today I fitted the newer R55C4 pads and was very pleasantly surprised. Braking was much better than Swissstop Black and Koolstop I had on previously.
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    Lifeline from Wiggle - work really well and cost pennies or Koolstop salmons - just as good as Swissssstop but half the price.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,512
    Shimano pads £5.80 Merlin cycles. I've also always liked BBB Techstop which are good value and don't seem to wear brake tracks.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597
    masjer said:

I used to never use Shimano pads (was always underwhelmed) but just today I fitted the newer R55C4 pads and was very pleasantly surprised. Braking was much better than Swissstop Black and Koolstop I had on previously.

My experience as well.

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,877
    Swissstop Blue thirded here.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719
    I've always found Swisstop an improvement over Shimano or Campag - not by lots but enough to be noticeable.

Blue are the best I've used, don't think they make the green any more, checking their website you can get a standard black for alloy rims that are maybe gentler on your rim but don't stop you quite as well - not tried those though.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]