Etxeondo - any good?

As above really, you don't seem to see much in terms of reviews or UK stockists.

The stuff looks good, fairly subtle.

Any views?
Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
Kinesis 4s Di2

Comments

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    I bought a couple pairs of their knicks in a clearance sale, and *really* like them. Just a very comfortable cut. Quality seems very good too, no stitching fails and the fabric and pad have held up great over time.

If I’m super picky, I find Assos Mille just slightly more comfy on real long rides, but there’s very little difference in it.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • teebs_123
    teebs_123 Posts: 357

I bought a couple pairs of their knicks in a clearance sale, and *really* like them. Just a very comfortable cut. Quality seems very good too, no stitching fails and the fabric and pad have held up great over time.

If I’m super picky, I find Assos Mille just slightly more comfy on real long rides, but there’s very little difference in it.

Cheers.
    Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
    Kinesis 4s Di2
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    edited April 2021
    Yup, top drawer imho - Merlin had a glut of their stuff a few years back now, and off the top of my head the Orhi bibshorts are and were stunning.

At the time a fair few of their jerseys were not full zip, which is a bit strange, but I think that is a thing of the past now.

The pad in those was virtually as good as Rapha and La Passione, and iirc, they were around £150 down to £75.

Material quality was right up there with the very best in my opinion, good quality fabric, different qualities (As in stretch or breathability) of material in the right places, and just exudes quality - nice flat and seam free straps as well.

As you say, shame they are not really widely available anymore.

I'd place Dotout (Only tried their jerseys and jackets) in a similar category, and also Ale - although the latter is generally available more widely.

Where are you looking to buy from out of interest?
    Wiggle/CRC used to stock loads of their items, but that looks to have dried up now as well - they were also the main Dotout retailer.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • teebs_123
    Thanks! It was direct, free shipping over 150 euros and free returns. Also 10% off for new orders...
    Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
    Kinesis 4s Di2
  • daniel_b
    edited April 2021
    teebs_123 said:

Thanks! It was direct, free shipping over 150 euros and free returns. Also 10% off for new orders...

Nice - will you not get hit with our new shiny import duty and admin fees?
    Not wanting to put you off, just wasn't sure if you had factored that in?
    Or perhaps you are somewhere that is not affected?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,243
    Universally well rated I thought.

Lots of ex-pros in Spain wear their kit when they're buying with their own money so that tells you something.
  • super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,116
    Exteondo is top end stuff. They used to sponsor World Tour teams in the past and very much viewed on a par with other top end brands like Castelli, Rapha, Assos et al. I've only got one Extreondo gilet which is fab but one of my friends swears by them and has loads of their stuff.

Not as widely distributed as other brands but quality is definitely there, would have no qualms getting more of their stuff (providing the price is right - and I never see it that cheap).
  • teebs_123
    daniel_b said:

teebs_123 said:

Nice - will you not get hit with our new shiny import duty and admin fees?
    Not wanting to put you off, just wasn't sure if you had factored that in?
    Or perhaps you are somewhere that is not affected?
    I'm going to email and ask...
    Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
    Kinesis 4s Di2
  • teebs_123
    No import fees according to an email I've had. They replied in 6 minutes which also pleases me greatly..
    Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
    Kinesis 4s Di2
  • twotoebenny
    twotoebenny Posts: 1,422
    its definitely my favourite kit. The orhi bibs are fantastic and love the garai tops too, there were some companies who had quite a few items last year but not a thing this year (so far) although they still have some old season female tops. Wonder if that's a brexit issue?
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    I bought one of their Gore windstopper jackets about 10 years ago in somebody's sales. Its my go to jacket for all winter rides. I expect to still be using it in another 10 years.
  • daniel_b
    teebs_123 said:

No import fees according to an email I've had. They replied in 6 minutes which also pleases me greatly..

Update with how it goes please :-)
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,410
    I have a pair of their armwarmers given to me as a gift. They are my favourite armwarmers of all. I seem to have 7 pairs! Very good quality and extremely comfortable. Just the right weight as well.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• bondurant
    bondurant Posts: 858
    edited April 2021
    Best kit I've ever owned...I have loads. Orhi shorts are superb.
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,833
    daniel_b said:

Yup, top drawer imho - Merlin had a glut of their stuff a few years back now, and off the top of my head the Orhi bibshorts are and were stunning.

I got a pair then and would say they have been the best bibs I have every had. I currently have Ale, Sportful & Endura.

When I need new bibs I always look for Xteondo deals but rarely find any.

I also have a s/s full zip jersey and the quality is top notch although some may not say that about the colour scheme!
  • navrig2
    Last Friday I had to buy some new bibs to replace the Orhis as the pad had started to disintegrate (no wonder the gooch was complaining). Here in Saigon there aren't that many shops selling decent gear and I ended up having to take my first pair of Castelli's.

The pad is excellent and will soften turbo sessions but the straps are not nearly as good as the Orhi strap.
  • dangardner27
    dangardner27 Posts: 118
    Similar to navrig2, just replaced my Orhi's which were superb.

But....Have to say the Pactimo Summit Raptors I've had for a couple of weeks now are even better. Of course it's all personal preference / shapes etc.

The quality and instant long distant comfort of the Pactimo's is top top notch, I have yet to experience better from any other brand.
  • daniel_b
    navrig2 said:

Last Friday I had to buy some new bibs to replace the Orhis as the pad had started to disintegrate (no wonder the gooch was complaining). Here in Saigon there aren't that many shops selling decent gear and I ended up having to take my first pair of Castelli's.

The pad is excellent and will soften turbo sessions but the straps are not nearly as good as the Orhi strap.

If the shorts you bought have the Progetto X2 pad, for my reckoning, that's one of the best pads out there - I hope they never change it.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,595
    daniel_b said:

navrig2 said:

If the shorts you bought have the Progetto X2 pad, for my reckoning, that's one of the best pads out there - I hope they never change it.
    A slight deviation if nobody minds. Is there a manufacturer with a pad as good as the X2 but a more relaxed fit for bigger guys? I'm not just talking about my belly, I struggle to get Castelli over my thighs and bigger sizes are too long.
    Exteondo? To bring it back OT.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • dangardner27
    I'm a bigger bloke at 98kg and I found the Castellis too restrictive or too long a bit like you pblakeney.

The Exteondo's were brilliant fit wise, but the Pactimo's are a step on again. Perfect for an ex rugby player like me. They do a short and long length short. And the pad is just the best I've ever sat on.
  • dangardner27
    I'd also add that I have ordered another pair of the Orhi's from Bike Inn. Yet to arrive and waiting to get clobbered tax wise.
  • pblakeney
    edited May 2021
    Thanks DG27!
    Which level of Pactimos do you have?
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • dangardner27
    I've got the Summit Raptors in the longer leg length version (XL).
  • pblakeney
    Thanks! I'll have to consider between the Raptor and the Stratos 12-hour for future purchases.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • navrig2
    daniel_b said:

It is the Progetto X2 pad.

I found the Exteondo bibs to be a bit more generous for the equivalent Castelli size. I am not a racing snake but at about 85kg excess weight is generally around the belly. The better straps on the Exteondo make all the difference in comfort.

Exteondo straps are seamless, laser cut lycra whilst the Castelli straps are two cords joined by mesh. The Exteondo lie flat and spread the load better.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,581
    pblakeney said:

Thanks! I'll have to consider between the Raptor and the Stratos 12-hour for future purchases.

I'm a long time Pactimo fan. Have several pairs of the Raptors. I once ordered some of the Stratos but ended up sending them back as I didn't really like them as much as the Raptors.

The entry level bibs they do (I forget the name) are also excellent for the money.

The key with Pactimo is to wait for one of their frequent sales as the discounts are always very good. Also take advantage of their loyalty points scheme. You get points for purchases, reviews etc.
  • pblakeney
    mrb123 said:

The key with Pactimo is to wait for one of their frequent sales as the discounts are always very good. Also take advantage of their loyalty points scheme. You get points for purchases, reviews etc.

I've emailed them regarding sizing and usage so we'll see. I did find it strange that it is currently cheaper to buy a bundle than a single pair of shorts.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,581
    pblakeney said:

mrb123 said:

I've emailed them regarding sizing and usage so we'll see. I did find it strange that it is currently cheaper to buy a bundle than a single pair of shorts.
    PRC30 usually works for 30% off the full prices...

• daniel_b
    edited May 2021
    teebs_123 said:

Any update @teebs_123?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • alecj
    alecj Posts: 12
    I bought an Etxeondo Gore Windstopper jacket in 2004 and hammered it. However, it was (is) incredible and still gets used to this day. The bib tights were also great quality, comfortable and did a solid shift!