wednesday has an insidious ability to reduce things to less than human dimensions

'ning

ride, cafe, wfh, bail for bubbly lunch on the grosvenor house's terrace (weather/patio heaters permitting)
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, white over with frost , good news that wind has dropped, tigger walked and fed, me next fed that is poached egg s on toast this morning, cycling later, have to wait in for a parcel this morning
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    Walk hounds, work/talk on teams, chill later. Bored
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    New sofa day!!!! Coddled bottoms all round tonight.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    oxoman said:

Might even go cargo bike hunting.😱

Cargo bike hunting! You are Trumpanzee junior and ICMFP.

Work work day, sun is out, at least for now, and not raining, at least for now, and the wind has dropped, at least etc. So expecting to be hit with the cold deluge by lunchtime. And that's about it.
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,698
    johngti said:

I had to look that up - Coddle (I may have a misspelling here as I've never seen it written, only spoken) to me is a simple but delicious Irish meal (a sort of stew, most on the web are wrong IMHO). LOL everyday is a learning day.

Better day for riding, still too cold though (for me) bring on global warming! WFW, curry tonight and maybe cider, nothing else planned
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Good morning bb'ers. Wfh supervising final year project students, then wfw face to face meetings with students, then wfh for another meeting. Gaps between to communt in on the treader.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,396

johngti said:

I had to look that up - Coddle (I may have a misspelling here as I've never seen it written, only spoken) to me is a simple but delicious Irish meal (a sort of stew, most on the web are wrong IMHO). LOL everyday is a learning day.

Better day for riding, still too cold though (for me) bring on global warming! WFW, curry tonight and maybe cider, nothing else planned
    I’ve heard of coddled eggs?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MattFalle
    MattFalle Posts: 11,644
    edited May 2021
    Ciao

bright but v windy. v v v windy. intending to do the minimum possible.

Coddle - to comfort, hold secure, make feel warm. Like snoggling, as in snoggling into TDNFNATN's bosum.
    The camera down the willy isn't anything like as bad as it sounds.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,312
    Funny, I had to look up the spelling of molliecuddled, no wait... mollycoddled the other day. Just like C_C, never seen it written.

Bright n sunny here. Going to wreck the day by removing old Porker gearbox due to crank shaft oil seal leak (flywheel end). F*ckity, f*ck. [Insert rolling eyes Icon]

8-)

^ experiment.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Bollox.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning folks,
    Day of wfh for a bit followed by wfod this afternoon, then pub garden if conditions allow.
    I assumed the new sofa would coddle as in mollycoddle, coddled eggs are what some people call poached but are in fact cheating. Is the root of the word the same? Never heard of the stew type thing Mr Croker.
    So, will Oxo's neighbour start a chain of brothels if he gets that?
    I suppose I should answer more emails from idiots, onwards...
  • johngti
    I’m pleased I’ve managed to increase the literacy levels of the bottom bracket. Teaching, it’s a vocation.
  • pinno
    Ox express..
    No hang on.

Oxo deliver.
    Worse.

Oxonet?

In less than 10 words, create a phrase that will market Oxo's new enterprise.
    ****Prizes to be won**** (I might be lying).

*All entries must be submitted by midnight on the 6th of May 2027. No correspondence will be entered into. Mark entries as: Pinno's pop up marketing shop, Inc., Oxo plan.
  • johngti
    Oxo - tastes like shizzle but easy to use so meh.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,001
    Bright and sunny here and I'm in work, for shame.
    Swimming later.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Busy - too many acquisitions going on at work. Will do lunchtime bike ride anyway as I need the exercise.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno

Swimming later.

That's 12 words.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    oxoman said:

Love you guys.

Neighbour's only gone and got a mobility scooter and is going to tow a little trailer. So much for my suggestion. OH happy as new dryer coming Friday and I'm happy as tredz delivering my order Saturday.

Oxo, are you like the Derbyshire version of The Incredibles?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    oxoman said:

...Not sure if to be insulted by the trumpanzee comment...

Oh definitely feel insulted. Just google Donald Trump junior and hunting for the details, if you dare.

The cold deluge, foreshadowed by sheet lightning, did arrive but by mid afternoon, so a soggy early bail. More time to richard about on t'internet then. Sun's back out now. Oh well.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,001
    pinno said:

Swimming later.

That's 12 words.
    ?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno

pinno said:

Swimming later.

That's 12 words.
    ?
    pinno said:

In less than 10 words, create a phrase that will market Oxo's new enterprise.
    ****Prizes to be won**** (I might be lying).

• pinno
    edited May 2021
    oxoman said:

Cheers P, love you to. Come back CB and deflect the shite back your way.

Just think how lean, mean and fit you'll be. (or constantly f*cked)*
  • pinno
    edited May 2021
    *Lightbulb!