Where the hell can I buy an elemnt bolt?

Had my Garmin 130 all of 5 weeks and have lost it.. despite turning over my house For 7 hrs to the point of destruction, it’s gone.. I’m now of the mind to purchase another computer and just sell that one if it turns up as I still have box and everything.. I really like the elemnt bolt and the sub 200 price is attractive too.. problem is I can’t find one for sale anywhere, even wahoo don’t have them..
starting to get a bit sick of everything cycling being either a frustration or a long wait, or impossible to get.. every single thing I look at is not available..
Is there perhaps a new version of the bolt on the horizon or should I just give up and either use my phone or take up another hobby where you can actually buy something related to it..?

Comments

• nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    Any reason why after using it for 5 weeks you don't want another Garmin 130? I picked mine up a couple of months ago new for about £100 on Amazon. Seemed the best value option to me.
  • willdbell
    willdbell Posts: 20
    No reason, just reading stuff that elemnt bolt was really good, and considering you can’t get one anywhere at the moment for less than 160, I thought I’d try one of those.. it’s also psychological in so much as I’d feel gutted paying out again for the exact same thing I’m used to. I paid 100 for mine too..
    I can’t actually understand where it’s gone.. complete, frustrating mystery.. just seems like everything related to my cycling is a complete ball ache.. actually lost the will to ride this week..
  • nibnob21
    nibnob21 Posts: 207
    willdbell said:

No reason, just reading stuff that elemnt bolt was really good, and considering you can’t get one anywhere at the moment for less than 160, I thought I’d try one of those.. it’s also psychological in so much as I’d feel gutted paying out again for the exact same thing I’m used to. I paid 100 for mine too..
    I can’t actually understand where it’s gone.. complete, frustrating mystery.. just seems like everything related to my cycling is a complete ball ache.. actually lost the will to ride this week..

To be honest I thought as much, and completely understand. I think I'd be the same!
  • manglier
    manglier Posts: 1,208
    Fleabay if you don't mind a used unit.
  • crossed
    crossed Posts: 237
    If you're after a used one then give me a shout. I've got one I'm going to list on here/eBay.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    edited May 2021
    There is supposed to be a new model of the bolt released this year, and also a replacement for the garmin 530. At least that's the rumour - note to greatdivide, this is the rumour and I am not claiming any insider knowledge!

The current stock levels would suggest that stores have sold off what they have and not replaced them because of a new version being imminent. Although I guess it could also be because of higher demand as well.

If there is a new model i can't imagine it would be long before it is announced. Worth keeping an eye on dcrainmaker.com or Shane Millers channels as well
  • Cybele PLF in Lancashire did have some units in recently.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738
    edited May 2021
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • willdbell
    crossed said:

If you're after a used one then give me a shout. I've got one I'm going to list on here/eBay.

Pm,d you
  • willdbell
    pblakeney said:
    That just redirects to sites without stock..but thanks anyway..
  • willdbell
    redvision said:

There is supposed to be a new model of the bolt released this year, and also a replacement for the garmin 530. At least that's the rumour - note to greatdivide, this is the rumour and I am not claiming any insider knowledge!

The current stock levels would suggest that stores have sold off what they have and not replaced them because of a new version being imminent. Although I guess it could also be because of higher demand as well.

If there is a new model i can't imagine it would be long before it is announced. Worth keeping an eye on dcrainmaker.com or Shane Millers channels as well

Could well be the case, but I did message wahoo, whom said there was a shortage.. although they wouldn’t say if there was a new one on the horizon anyway.. there is a shortage of microchips across the board however, so god knows.. I don’t fancy going back to my phone in the interim, especially as I have a new bike arriving soon..
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,738
    willdbell said:

pblakeney said:
    That just redirects to sites without stock..but thanks anyway..
    Ah. I just saw "In stock" and "buy".
    I didn't know them hence the DYOR.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    edited May 2021
    New bolt has been released/ announced
    https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2021/05/wahoo-elemnt-bolt-v2-2021-with-color-screen-maps-a-review-in-progress.html

Sounds like it's worth waiting a while before buying as it's got a few bugs...
  • ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065
    I quite like the look of it, decent update from the original.

Think I will wait for an update to the Roam though before I upgrade, the bigger screen appeals to my failing eyesight.
  • Just had an email of CRC saying they've got version 2 in stock.
    should of used giantorangecannon
  • Defblade
    Defblade Posts: 140
    I picked up the old version a few months ago ready for my new bike... I'm kinda glad I did.

Colour screen doesn't worry me, nor does re-routing... I'll pretty much always have my phone with me, and I'd rather stop and use that to re-plot than a tiny bike computer screen anyway.

But £70 is a hell of a price jump... I'm fairly sure they could knock a bit off the £180 for the v1 and keep it as a simpler/cheaper option