line of Duty (may contain spoilers)

2»

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,707
    edited May 2021

So you have to think about the things they’ve spent time on which so far has had no relevance.

The obvious staring point is the illegal money Hastings has given the widow of the undercover policeman from last series.

Also the comments from the previously jailed criminals who say Hastings is bent.

We’ve also yet to see any blowback on the failed drugs test for Steve and we know time is running out for Hastings. So we’ll get that.

I suspect the new boss is just officious and a patsy for the chief superintendent not evil though hopefully she will get her comeuppance.

The rest is hard to predict as recently Mercurio uses Deus Ex Machina to spin and solve problems.

Hardly sticking my neck out but not far from how it went.

That strong box had it all, didn't it?
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,630
    edited May 2021
    All the bent copper leading protagonists from previous seasons ended up dead.

They were never going to off Kelly MacDonald because she's too nice, so since her character survived, this is definitively the end.

(Apart from the odd one-off for Comic Relief - Hastings interviewing Father Ted, that sort of thing)
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    Kelly MacDonald got a crackin' deal in witness protection having told them nothing of any use.

“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941

That strong box had it all, didn't it?

Gets away with it as the retaining of the evidence for blackmail has been a plot point
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,254

(Apart from the odd one-off for Comic Relief - Hastings interviewing Father Ted, that sort of thing)

That would be an impressive booking.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,254

Kelly MacDonald got a crackin' deal in witness protection having told them nothing of any use.

Yes, but as they kept telling us, despite the career spanning work for organised crime, and her part in luring Fleming to get shot, she wasn't a bent copper. Because she had a sad face while doing it, I suppose.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,553
    I can finally enter this thread safely having recorded all the epsiodes and watched them over the last 3 nights. On the whole I thought this series was a big improvement on the complete nonsense of the previous series (as in I could actually follow the plot this time). The ending was a bit shite though and the whole reach of the "OCG" - something I got fed up with hearing along with CHIS - is just too far fetched. Has there ever been an open gun battle between police and criminals in the UK? I guess there have been some small scale ones in armed robberies but there must have been more police killed in the line of duty over the course of this programme than most forces have encountered in their entire history. How many forces actually have that amount of armed response officers available at the drop of a hat too? As above I also struggled a bit with the Kelly McDonald being an innocent victim line it took.