Using turbo inside an Asgard

Was planning to buy an Asgard to store the bikes securely in the garden but my wife has suggested buying a bigger one so that can use turbo in it. (And get it out of the house)

Issues that I’ve come across so far:

Height - tallest I can see they have is 200cm at apex, I measured approx 195 sat on the turbo

Power - potentially run an outdoor extension as don’t want to drill the Asgard and invalidate its security

Wifi- can prob use a booster but it will be boosting another booster rather than the router

Insulation - Im a sweaty monster so I’m less worried about this

Noise - turbo +/- a fan in a steel box could be interesting!

Anything else? Open to alternatives but security is paramount especially after chased off a couple trying to break in to the house last week!

Thanks

Comments

• DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,732
    Which one are you looking at - I had a look at their website and the biggest says it has fixings and routing holes for adding power?

A poor WiFi signal can be a killer - I can't run RGT in my garage, Strava is ok most of the time but it's borderline. I wouldn't want to invest significant money unless I was sure it'd work.

Condensation might be an issue if you don't have the doors wide open.

I suppose it's weighing up the pros and cons of that vs a wooden shed.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,844
    fontm0ss said:

Height - tallest I can see they have is 200cm at apex, I measured approx 195 sat on the turbo

This is probably your biggest issue. Your head will be pretty close to the roof. I suspect that will not be a pleasant experience.

Do you get off the saddle on the turbo?

• joeyhalloran
    joeyhalloran Posts: 1,073
    Does it have to be an Asgard? Got a larger traditional wooden shed and a ground anchor for security?
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,844
    Even if it was the biggest available (I think this: https://www.asgardsss.co.uk/cycle-store-x-12-police-approved) it will be a miserable place to be sitting on a bike/turbo.

I'd consider a taller wooden structure as jh suggests or have a quiet word with the missus!
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196

Which one are you looking at - I had a look at their website and the biggest says it has fixings and routing holes for adding power?

A poor WiFi signal can be a killer - I can't run RGT in my garage, Strava is ok most of the time but it's borderline. I wouldn't want to invest significant money unless I was sure it'd work.

Condensation might be an issue if you don't have the doors wide open.

I suppose it's weighing up the pros and cons of that vs a wooden shed.

Mine is in a lockup round the back of the house now and I use a mobile hotspot for Zwift, TrainerRoad and Spotify (plus Discord if racing), which has been fine - I was a bit worried at first. Just need a good data limit!

Asgard do have police-approved full sized sheds as well as specific bike locks, although they aren't cheap...